Am I the only one who thinks this movie is forgotten too easily? The Dark Knight blew this out of the water...

Am I the only one who thinks this movie is forgotten too easily? The Dark Knight blew this out of the water, but it's an amazing Batman piece nonetheless, Liam Neeson was a great Ra's Al Ghul, and unfortunately, this was the closest we got to a Scarecrow, only for him to be sidelined, but this has a much more "Batman" feel to Gotham city.

A great suit too, until they changed it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/8RadVvuAmzg
youtube.com/watch?v=2S-r_v08ieA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's my favorite ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

People say this very often here, especially lately. I don't like it much, but it's the best of the three. The Prestige is the only nolan film i can get into.

>The Dark Knight blew this out of the water,

it did not.

Batman Begins literally started superhero movies in the modern era with its emphasis on origin stories. Marvel pretty much copied it for Iron Man. That's why I consider both to be #1 and #2.

I agree with you but replace The Prestige with Memento.

It's probably the best superhero origin story.
And I agree, the best suit too, purely because there's less going on with padding and it looks more simple.

THE ONE WIT LIAM NEESONS IN IT?!

Spiderman came out before this. Ironman is better than batman begins, tony stark actually has a problem that he overcomes and is a dynamic character. All of nolans characters are just props that gives lines dealing with the movie's theme without actually being believable characters

>The Dark Knight blew this out of the wate
This movie had the same problem all the Nolan films did but it was by far the best one.

youtu.be/8RadVvuAmzg

This scene fits Batman much better, stealth, and using fear, rather than charging in and beating everyone down in plain view.

>That's why I consider both to be #1 and #2

But Winter Soldier is better than Iron Man

the trilogy is terrible, except for the scenes with heath ledger

What problem was that?

I really don't like Nolan, but what is the problem that all his films share? I thought Batman Begins was fine.

Agreed, I've never understood why The Dark Knight has gone down as the best of the trilogy, for me:
BB > DKR > TDK

Ironman is overrated as fuck. After he blows up some sandniggers, I literally can't even remember what the point of the rest of the movie was. Begins was a good origin story and there were some great scenes when he came back like at the docks, call of the bats, etc.

>But Winter Soldier is better than Iron Man

Winter Soldier had a derivative spy-thriller plot that involved exposing a puppet government, but it's the first Captain America movie that wasn't absolute shit. I'll give u that.

>Spiderman came out before this

Spiderman 1 was also good before the series got too wacky.

I'll say its definitely top 3.

Begins suffers from a comparatively weak third act whereas TDK's build-up to its climax is probably the best in any cape flick. If Begins finished as strongly as TDK does I think it might be considered the best of the trilogy.
Rises is definitely the worst, though, except for the opening scene.

Spiderman: Winter Soldier is better than Iron Man 2

Capekino order, definitive edition:

God tier kinography tier
-BvS

Great tier
-Watchmen
-MoS
-GotG
-Super

Very Good tier
-Ant-Man

Good tier
-Avengers 1 and 2
-Suicide Squad

Ok tier:
-Iron Man 1 and 2
-Cap the First Avenger
-X2

Overrated and actually pretty bad tier:
-Winter Soldier
-X1

Bad tier:
Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, Days of the Future Past

Dreadful tier:
TDKR

I like BB but Katie Holmes just ruins the movie. Rewatch and tell me I'm wrong

"Look at edgy we are, we don't like a famous director unlike most people. SPECIAL IS WHAT I AM"

Jesus. Nolan is a proper filmmaker. If you don't like his movies, then what do you like?

It's the only one of the three Nolan movies that's an actual, legitimate Batman movie. None of the others genuinely capture the spirit of Batman. Ledger's performance was good and carried Dark Knight, but it wasn't actually accurate to the Joker character.

DK and DKR are just regular action movies pushed through a Batman filter whereas Begins is real Batman.

>If you don't like Nolan you don't like cinéma!

What sort of a strange, immature response is this? It's called taste. People have different, and apparently better taste than you. There are serious filmmakers out there, he is not one.

BB>TDK>DKR

But he is a serious filmmaker. And he's proper one at that. Which is my point, I understand not liking some of his movies due to subject. But just not liking the guy? There's always pieces of great cinematic work in his movies that you have to appreciate.

I love this movie. Great suit, loved when it was in Dark Knight.
God tier training scene and ending.

The dubs of lies.
You skipped so many key movies, and BvS is an awful shit show. Also, what in the name of fuck is Super?

Its a competent story but not a good one. You like it for the same reason any cinephile likes Nolan movies, color grading and Zimmerman. Is there any good reason why the middle is shown out of chronological order? Half the lines in the movie are some sort of monologue no one would actually say in real life

I don't see how it built up to two face, felt pretty tacked on

You can't just hand pick a few scenes from movies and say someone is a great filmmaker because of those scenes like its a buffet. A good filmmaker isn't great because of the score, the acting, the editing, the cinematography, or the story, it's all those things combined.

Nolan is competent and above average at best, but not great

Really poor action sequences, really bad action dialogue, really poor batman gravely voice bullshit

Cinematography is pretty great as is the overall flow of the movie

It really should have ended when Ledger died and saved Two-Face for later.

Two-face was amazing, but so underused.

It's the best of the trilogy story and character wise

TDK gets all the attention because it is a better finished product and appeals to a more casual audience

>implying this isn't the greatest capeshit scene of all time

youtube.com/watch?v=2S-r_v08ieA

A lifetime of pain and motivation brought full circle in minutes

LITERALLY a ***scene for scene*** remake of the Shadow movie from the early 90s.

Which was pure unadulterated shit.

Wots da point of all dem pushups if ya can't lift a bloody log?

This. Dark Knight is more liked as a movie but begins was the best bat movie.+ it had a lot of year one imagery

It's hard to describe, but Begins had more gloomy atmosphere that felt much more Batman-ish to me.

I like Batman Begins the most. It has the most vision as a Batman movie.

TDK was just a slick thriller
TDKR was just shit

An user claimed that changin the brown n black filter with the addition of the making most of the movie take place during the day, made the sequals lose some of the magic

In begins, Nolan turned the bat into the fucking predator and it was awesome

Really? So Maggie Gyllenhall's ugly mug gets you rock hard then?

what is it like being autistic?

oh shit great response

yes more cartoonish, dark but somehow comfortable like the Btas cartoon. dark knight was as depressing and hollow as reality

Fuck. I need to watch this movie again.