ITT: Decent albums that are too long

ITT: Decent albums that are too long

who gives a shit

The Seer, Swans

You.

apparently you do

The longer Cure albums are great but definitely could be shaven down some.

The Grateful Dead Live Europe 72.

Great album but was a third record necessary?

Any Weezer album after Green, although they could swap tracks out for the b-sides

Any album over 90 minutes. If you need more than an hour and a ahalf to get to a musical point, and it's not a live record, it could be trimmed down. While bands like Swans make something of larger and more awesome and monolithic pieces of music, 30 plus minutes is too much because 20 or even 10 minutes of music is enough to get across something of a cinematic nature. The only exception to this rule should be albums whose musical points are defined by their length such as Bull of Heaven or that Flaming Lips art piece that lasts six hours or albums meant to test endurance.

IT'S A BIT EARLY IN THE MIDNIGHT HOUR FOR MEEEE

Still a good album though, just not as good as what came before, or Masterplan

Yeah I know it tells a story, still though.

some songs need the running time (All around the World, Dyou know what I mean), some don't (Magic Pie, Its getting better!!).

Still a pretty good album, despite what Noel says. It just needed some editing to compete with the early stuff. It could have competed with Smiley Smile as albums fans didn't expect but still good

nah

a few days ago I listened to the Mustique demo of "The girl in the dirty shirt" and it's much, much better than the album version!

Noel was great at many things but judging his own songs and albums were not his talents

This album is a god damn masterpiece desu

yah, he's bipolar when it comes to them. it's either the greatest focking thing in the world or absolute shit.

If you add the b-sides to Standing like Lets All Make Believe its a great album but listen to the retail version and its a completely different version. Its like he didn't want it to be a great album
Dude really needs someone in the studio to slap him and tell him what to do when he's recorded a song

poor opinion

Apparently you don't

no

I can't think of a single song on that album that is filler. Thus the length is justified. Agreed?

better than decent but yeah

Actually listening to it now, out of the blue.
Rainy Day Woman is pretty shite and offers nothing to the album desu

I've gotta disagree there, it's an amazing opening track, Dylan at his most sincerely quirky and experimental right there

this. lots of filler

I don't know why but I can't stand this album, I like a many songs from it but I just don't care about it or sit through the whole thing without feeling a little pissed off, it literally triggers me and I don't understand why because it has some of the best Lennon material. I get the appeal and everything but I feel like it just sucks.

This, this was dylan in his prime I don't think there's any filler there.

>Speakerboxxx/Love Below
aswell everything after Aquemini was way too long and saturated with filler tracks.

While Id agree that Rainy Day Women isn't the best it's massively important to the album. The song definitely succeeds in what it sets out to do.

Even then rethinks of tracks like Do you Know What I mean are better

These