What does Sup Forums think of Chakras, Astral Projection, Sacred Geometry, etc?

What does Sup Forums think of Chakras, Astral Projection, Sacred Geometry, etc?

I was extremely skeptical but, now I'm not so sure. I feel like I don't know what's real anymore.

Other urls found in this thread:

groundedinsuchness.wordpress.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's interesting to study, particularly if you read really good, scientific sources. But, be careful about what you actually believe. The problem with this area of study is that if you believe too hard, you'll see proof literally everywhere that you go...

Yeah I see how you could start seeing patterns and evidence when it isn't really there. But it all seems pretty out there to me already. How do you know what's legit?

Keep following the rabbit hole, I'm into the string theory area of discovery. I'm working out the formulas, and remember everything is as it should be.

can you elaborate on that?

Apart from the complete lack of any verifiable evidence there's no reason not to believe in it.

i wouldn't say there is a complete lack of evidence.

cultures all around the world seemed to have an intimate understanding of these subjects without any apparent communication. maybe that isn't direct evidence, but that is a pretty strong implication.

Michael Shermer, founder of the national skeptics society, believes it's total and unadulterated bullshit. Not one shred of favorable evidence whatsoever. Complete poppycock.

I maintain an open mind.

We are you fimiliar with the banach tarski paradox? This picture helps show how the particle wave duality could exist in the same place at the same time.

take LSD and find out

Probably because they made it all up and then passed it down to younger generations who trusted in their elders to tell them the truth.. just like all religion and spiritual stuff... it grows without evidence simply because it is believed simply on "faith"

yeah i've heard of it and it tripped me out for sure, but i don't see the connection. perhaps its a little over my head.

was never too into it but i had a very weird thing happen to during an afternoon nap a few months ago

>get home from uni, fuckn tired, take a nap :3
>lying on my back, dozing off quick
>literally during exact moment of falling asleep, get intense panic, and fucking jump awake
>holyfuckingshit.jpg
>lay there for like 30-60 seconds while i calm down
>go back to sleep
>it happens again, but a little less scary, and i kind of just "go along with it"
>panic sensation turns to floating sensation
>next thing i know, i'm floating in my room, holy shit
>floating some more, i actually float outside my window
>float down the street, float across town, everything looks weird and sparkly
>lie down on a patch of grass next to the train station
>try to float back up into the air, but i just wake up in my bed, "in the real world"

weirdest fucking nap ever. not sure how that ended up happening, didn't try or anything. i think it was some kind of weird, accidental lucid dream or something. will definitely never forget.

Anybody here ever done DMT? I seen some crazy shit when I smoked it. Complex shapes continually changing, a female presence was controlling the shapes and patterns. Hexagons were the most prevalent. Digital sounding sounds come from objects, aliens saying hello as they flew by me on small space ships that looked like jet skis

sounds pretty much exactly like how Astral Projection was described to me. Did you "travel" anywhere you had never actually been before?

Sounds like someone spiked your drink with acid mate. Me mate Dave said he took this type and he flew all around the room and his mum told him to get some ciggies from the shop, and he flew there down Egham street and flew back and he was back in five seconds or whatever but he'd forgotten the ciggies.

that's not acid

that's a made up story

i didn't feel like i got very far. during the dream, i felt like i wanted to go even further, but then i woke up.

i had taken acid before, years ago, and i know that this had nothing to do with acid. i think it's just basically some kind of weird brain hiccup that exists within the dreaming mechanism. i guess it would be cool to "train" this thing, but also kind of scary, think..

definitely not made up man. very similar to sleep paralysis, which many people report as a scary experience.

like any hardware, the brain has some glitches too, i guess

It's called lucid dreaming, faggot

Bitch, pass the weed

shit like this has some truth to it, but for the most part dont get tangled up in many different peoples bullshit. remember use science the method for proving things that are physical and real not spiritual/make-believe. remember use scientific method and demand evidence

ah, well sounds like a cool experience.

Yeah it's just lucid dreaming. Over my entire life I've learned how to do it in command. It's a real trip for sure. Try to remember that feeling you had and lie down for bed without moving for as long as it takes. You'll eventually fall into a lucid dream again. Takes practice but it's one hell of am experience

proper lucid dreaming is something a little different.

you know those dreams you have in the morning, right before you wake up? lucid dreaming is when you realize it's a dream, and you basically do whatever you want. happened to me once, was also weird. i flew up to the tippy top of the sky, and crashed back down. got back on my feet and took off running. got so excited that i woke myself up.

but there was no kind of panic "while falling asleep". that is something different. but i think "astral projection" makes it sound like some dumb voodoo new age bullshit

All of this that crap is bullshit cunt. Fuck you kys

lol okay

Best book in my experience for this type of thing:

The opening of the third eye - Douglas Baker

nothing more than escapism for upper-class kiddos

It's fine if it makes you feel better but if you have any real medical problem you should go with traditional medicine.

Read Whiliam Buhlman, faggots.

>literally during exact moment of falling asleep, get intense panic, and fucking jump awake
I had that feeling a few times in conjunction with sleep paralysis, I always jumped up too because I'm afraid demons/monsters (imaginary of course) come into my room or something while I can't move

what made you lose skepticism?

are you familiar with james randi and penn jillette? i really recommend randi because he delves far more into skepticism. penn and teller had a show called Fool Us where magicians perform a trick and penn and teller try to solve it. everyone knows that even when penn and teller are fooled that it's not real magic, just amazing artwork. randi on the other hand had a show where he humiliated anyone who tried to prove the supernatural to be real. randi even has a million dollar prize to anyone who can scientifically prove that the supernatural exists. two things: first, the supernatural (at least some of the claims) should easily be provable since the claims are about forces interacting with things beyond just the "feeling" of a human experience. second, many people denounce the prize as being greedy or selfish, but psychics will still charge for a phone call and really you can just donate the money to off-set any greediness and also prove the supernatural to be real. the only reason why no one does it is because the supernatural (most likely) doesn't exist.

there's no reason to believe in chakras or remote viewing or anything like that. advancements make things like telepathy actually real, but don't go committing a logical fallacy by using this as "evidence" and "proof" that "telepathy is real." the kinds of people who develop these technologies tend to be pretty skeptical about the supernatural.

start thinking of michael jackson and the boogies will start dancing to thriller

groundedinsuchness.wordpress.com/

take a look at the free course on www.qabalahproject.com

>The Freudian Buddha has climaxed in six positions

Do shrooms or lsd and you'll understand

lol well i wouldn't want to be humiliated on tv for my beliefs either.

i lost my skepticism when i learned how the ancients that "should" not have had the tools necessary had intimate and precise knowledge of precession and other astronomical phenomenon and that many of these ideas are based on things that are provable, it's just that they go on to describe things that aren't readily testable by what is known today.

drugs bring more confusion then clarity.
Pretty much all respected spiritual traditions agree on this, except new age wackos.

I never come to Sup Forums anymore these days, but I'm happy that I accidentally found your thread!
You should check out David Wilcock's Wisdom Teachings. He covers all of this stuff but also backs up his findings with credible sources (usually).

This is true, as with many other areas of interest. Obsession can lead to madness. With that said, however, when I notice "coincidences" I take it as a sign that I am "on the right path", or whatever.
A perfect example of what I'm talking about:
>Busy reading Emerald Tablets of Thoth
>Check phone
>1 missed call: Egypt
I know that the caller was likely a telemarketer with a spoof'd address, but I mean shit dude, Egypt? Of all places?

You're thinking DMT brother

>787
>palindrome
>thoth
heh, neat