Disney's Pete's Dragon flops w/ $21mil. opening weekend

>the film's performance is reminiscent of Disney's July release The BFG

Literally Disney's 2nd major flop in as many months.

Glad to see most audiences aren't buying into the Rotten Tomatoes meme

and who the fuck exactly was clamoring for a remake to pete's fucking dragon?

was the scene where pete fucked the dragon in the theatrical version?

No one. Just like how no one was asking for a Ghostbusters remake. Disney wanted in on the remake train. The animated movie wasn't even that good. No idea how this got the green light

I haven't even seen a single ad for this movie.

I didn't think pete the dragon looked really cool or something

>remaking pet's dragon without based helen reddy
sacrilege

Did they never at any point actually stop and question whether there was anyone on earth who actually wanted Pete's Dragon remade?

This is honestly the most puzzling film of the past few years. Were they just embezzling the money, or were they actually counting on the brand alone drawing in a new audience?

I haven't been to the movies in awhile, and it's no surprise to see this flop, but what happened with the BFG?

I thought nobody was allowed to make new Roald Dahl movies anyway?

Will Bryce be upset with this and do some emotional eating?

I've never been more jealous of a wall in my entire life.

I honestly think this and BFG were only made so that they would have some shit on the screen to take away from competitors.

Thicc

i'm jelly too

No one wants to watch an ugly ass dragon for 2 hours. CGI guys are so out of fucking touch.

This was a fav Disney movie ad a kid and I had zero interest in seeing this.

Fatt

Why do women enjoy eating so much?
Do they enjoy the sensation of being filled?
Is it erotic to them?

People Already saw the movie with a kid main character in the woods that is a live action remake of a Disney animated classic in April

I saw the movie today. It was good. Nothing exceptional, and obviously predictable as hell, but there was some legitimately cool cinematography and some parts were very tastefully done.

There's a scene at the very start where Pete's parents die, and while obviously they don't show it because it's a kids' movie, they took the opportunity to tell the scene very well.
No excessive scene where Pete goes "WAKE UP MOMMY" or some shit, just a shot of an overturned car, then a shot of a crying little boy.

Also, Bryce Dallas Howard is a fucking fox and if I were Pete I'd spend the entire rest of my life trying to fuck my adoptive mother.

here is a summary of the movie

>so pete meets a dragon when he is small but then a thing happens and he must leave him
>and then his parents die
>then he is living with his wicked stepmothers
>then he remembers pete the dragon and runs away from home
>he meets pete the dragon again
>since he is now older he and the dragon have sex with most of the scenes off screen or implied
>such as when pete gives the dragon a rimjob and it cuts to a scene of him eating donuts for breakfast

all in all a very well made smovie that will probably be overlooked with all the other blockbusters of the summer

What was up with the part where the kid sees BDH and says "goddamn let me suck on those big milfy tits mommy?"
Really out of place in a children's film.

holy fuck i thought people were joking about pete fucking the dragon
they straight up actually imply it
but i guess there is nothing wrong with it
just seemed unfitting for a pg-13 rated movie

I think that was a scene added by the editing team that worked on the trailers.

Personally I'm waiting for an Ultimate Edition.

wait pete fucks the dragon? this movie might just be salvageable.

Moana, Star wars and Dr. Strange will make all their money back.

I need some sauce on this spaghetti dropping