I want to start listening to japanese music but all I find is stuff I already know and J-Pop...

I want to start listening to japanese music but all I find is stuff I already know and J-Pop. Redpill me on some real god-tier albums from japan.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=a159ajK-r7w
pastebin.com/Cca07HuB
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Have you tried looking for it in japanese?

Eheeh

Akiko Yano (japanese Kate Bush)
Ichiko Aoba (folk)

I mean, it's still pop, but Kalk Zamen Kuri no Hana is a god tier art-pop album. Also check out 385, Midori, Yellow Magic Orchestra, Sai Yoshiko, Douji Morita, and Jagatara.

Uchu Conbini(space convenience store) is mostly instrumental math rock but quite solid.

Jun Togawa could also be called the Japanese Kate Bush. I have no idea how I managed to forget her. Check out her solo material, Guernica, and Yapoos.

Oh yeah, and After Dinner, Geinoh Yamashirogumi, and Ruins (not Togawa, but still great).

That's actually pretty cool. Thank you based user

Did Kate Bush star in many toilet paper commercials?
Also if OP hadn't heard of any of those and browses Sup Forums he should be ashamed.

Jun Konagaya (Grim) makes some good stuff if you're into power electronics / post-industrial

>redpill
Neck yourself.

Toru Takemitsu
Toshio Hosokawa
Ground-Zero
DJ Sprinkles

Gonna second Geinoh Yamashirogumi

Also Tatsuro Yamashita if you want to hear some incredible 70s/80s pop (his album For You is 10/10), and Makoto Matsushita's album Pressures And The Pleasures for some city pop/prog

Sorry, OP, the best J-album out there is J-Pop.

these... DJ Sprinkles isn't Japanese though, afaik

Interesting! I always assumed Terre was Japanese for "obvious" reasons but so much of their personal life is private that I've never known for sure. Makes sense though.

Actually, I may be wrong. Was just looking it up and she currently lives in Tokyo. I knew they weren't from Japan though, and from having seen their interviews, I wouldn't assume their relatives were originally from Japan

youtube.com/watch?v=a159ajK-r7w
famalam

Being a snowflake faggot doesn't go down too well in the empire.

I know it's youtube-recommendations-core but Ryo Fukui is actually very very enjoyable

I would also add Shoso Strip to this list.

Sanmon Gossip is also worth your time. Shiina Ringo in general is a great artist.

You need some JAPONEEEE HARDCOOORRUUUU
>GISM
>Crow (or 鴉)
>Confuse
>The Stalin
>Disclose
>Zouo
>SOB
>Bastard
>Death Side
If you're into that sort of thing, that is

we just had a thread

everything here is YouTube recommendation core

This band is a good one

Soutaiseiriron, Siraph, Hyacca, Wakusei Abnormal

Came to post this.

Depends on the kind of music you want.
Mass of the Fermenting Dregs is top tier alt rock/dream pop with qt vocals
385 and Midori are top tier jazz punk
Otomo Yoshihide's New Jazz Orchestra is fantastic for experimental big band, and pretty much all of his other projects like Ground Zero for noise rock

Ryuichi Sakamoto - Thousand Knives
Kinoko Teikoku
Pens+
Akiko Yano - Tadaima (which is kinda jpop i guess)
Ryu Fukui - Scenery
Anything YMO
The Pillows - Kool Spice
Plastic Tree - Ink
Ling Toshite Sigure - #4
相対性理論
Tricot - THE, And, 3 (all those are different albums)
never young beach
Mouse on the Keys
Lamp
Asobi Sekusu - Citrus

There's a random list of some stuff I like. Some have albums some don't but all work looking into. Tons of different genres to it. The first one is a must listen though.

pastebin.com/Cca07HuB

nujabes

>ctrl f
>no Boredoms
what the fuck, Sup Forums?