Thoughts on Thundercat?

Thoughts on Thundercat?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8H19G-5_kdM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yeah

I really like his sound but haven't been a huge fan of anything he's released

I love the man, have loved the man.

Turned me on to the Doobie bros & now I feel bad for making fun of my dead people.

I'm not sure what the issue is, I usually don't like him but occasionally I'm in the specific mood and I listen to an album and love it.

I think he needs to focus more. If he took all the filler off of his three albums he would have one GOAT album.

Definitely.
My only other criticism is he needs to differentiates a little.
I really enjoy his sound but outside of three songs they're mostly indistinguishable.
Also stop featuring shitty rappers.

He's not in the same atmosphere as someone like Wooten but I want to hear the two of them just noodle off each other for an hour.

sums my opinion up perfectly

Mods doing stellar work as ever

Are we not supposed to not know who George Duke when we listen to his music?

youtube.com/watch?v=8H19G-5_kdM
He needs to record with this group imo. Apocalypse doesn't have bad production but this makes Tron Song (a boring song to me) so much better.

>listening to Drunk sorta loud at work on Spotify
>co-workers are all 50something white guys who listen to Boston so Thundercat is inoffensive to them
>decides that a good song to follow up Drunk with is Hustle Bones

How the fuck are Thundercat and Le Grippers even similar

Man that's so much better.
It's more full and doesn't sound like a lonely man on a dinghy in the middle of the ocean.

Exactly, the studio version sounds so dull. He's a talented artist, just has to work on his albums and leave out all the filler.

It's just because he's from the Brainfeeder crew and they're all DJs and eletronic musicians. FlyLo produces and mixes all his albums. It worked on the first record when he was making bloopy music but now that's he's a full on funky fusion guy he needs to record with live musicians for a live music producer in a real studio.

True. I knew that but I guess I never made the connection.

Yeah that makes sense I hope he does that with the next album.

i agree with this shit right here. The corny drum machines work at times but it really takes away from what the actual fleshed out song could be. I really like flyo too but sometimes its like thundercat is stuck being his wingman even though he is a great bassist, vocalist and writer on his own

If these video proves one thing it proves that they need to fuck off with the drum machines on his albums

pretty much this
i cant think of any of his solo work that i really like but i definitely like his stuff with flylo