djtguide.neocities.org/

ガンバ!

Last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

dictionary.goo.ne.jp/jn/165423/meaning/m0u/
jisho.org/search/欲しい #sentences
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Is watching anime with subs a good way to start to improve my listening

Does になって have some kind of specific grammar? (as opposed to just に+なる in て-form).

中には美しい棺桶が段になって置かれていた。
Magnificent coffins could be seen inside the chambers, arranged in layers.

列になってきちんと戸口まで歩きなさい。
Line up and walk to the door in order.

Now that's I've written this out, it looks like it's just saying "resulting in X, ...". So "arranged in layers", could also be translated as "resulting in being arranged in layers"?

on an unrelated note a qt from hellotalk has offered to drive me from tokyo to osaka and give me a private "tour" of the kansai region.

Only if you avoid looking at the subs as much as possible. You would probably be better off playing a VN with voice acting though, since it's much easier to replay the sentences that way.

Did she also offer a tour around her privates in the nether region?

>さとさんは誕生日に時計をほしがっています

What would be the correct interpretation of this sentence?
"It seems that Satou wants a watch for his birthday"?

Satou is acting like he wants a watch for his birthday

Thanks.

>罰金
>no Ayano on board

One job.

There's nothing special about になって, なる is just a versatile verb as you can see here:

dictionary.goo.ne.jp/jn/165423/meaning/m0u/

I'm betting it's 2:

今までと違った状態・形に変わる

"a condition that differs from up until now" "a change in form"

昨日はわたしが見て初めのゴジラ。
導入がとても暗いあったです。
わたしはそれを楽しました。

No "It seems", just "Satou wants a watch for his birthday". Literally-speaking it means that of course, but you want to think in terms of what they are really trying to say. がる is used because you are dealing with the desires/moods/feelings of someone else, and as you know Japanese is all about indirectness. This isn't just an example of extreme politeness; you're never going to see a plain 欲しい with a third person.

jisho.org/search/欲しい #sentences

How can white wimmen even compete?

>今までと違った状態・形に変わる
>"a condition that differs from up until now" "a change in form"
Maybe you weren't trying to translate that literally, but when you see the ・ in between nouns like that in a Japanese dictionary definition it's usually being used like a /.

>今までと違った状態・形に変わる
To change into a state or form that differs from the one up until now.

>自閉症

No, I fucked up, thanks for catching that. The definition is much more lucid that way, too.

Pink nipples, colorful eyes, voluptuous forms, etc.

Funny that you'd post someone emulating white beauty with your question, she looks fake and terrible as ass.

I decided to take vocab study serious by starting to use Anki for vocab revision instead of relying on only massive input while constantly looking up words. Here's to selling my soul to 出来ないちゃん.

- Post favorite kanji.
- Try to explain in non-autistic way why you like it.

興 is nice. It looks like skyscrapers rising over the horizon as though heading towards a city.

>Try to explain in non-autistic way why you like it
im afraid i cant do that, dave

姦 meaning sisterhood, represented by 3 女 (woman) pretty nice

娘 - daughter, because it's Woman + Good.

Puts a smile on your face.

What a cunning smug.

So, we learn adverbs can be placed more or less freely in a sentence, right? What are the restrictions to this?

And more importantly for someone who's reading, how do you know which verb it describes? All I know for certain from my online research is the verb has to come after the adverb.

雨, because it actually kind of looks like rain in a window (although if you follow the history of the symbol, it looks like it was originally meant to be a cloud). It also seems visually balanced to me.

It looks exactly like what it means.
I find the appearance of 一 enclosed in 門 striking and unusual.

>tfw learned too many kanji and can't remember what it's like having a clear favorite

i like the さんすい radical, it's fun to write and easy to write neatly, i like 女 too except i can't write it neatly, so 汝 is a nice combination. i also like 濁, 冴 and 求. i think i generally like characters that are asymmetrical and aren't written straightly top-down like 青.

my least favorite are kanji where i have needed to invent mnemonics to write correctly, like 殺, 疑 and 知.

One of the first kanji I learned put together

Show respect to my king, he is in Japan now.

淵 because REEEEEEEEEEEE

...fuck

>デパートへ洋服を買いに行きます。
>デパートへ洋服を買うために行きます。

Any difference in meaning in these two sentences?

Can somewhat relate.

電 used to be my only favorite, but now there are lots of cool ones:

達・迷・竜・亀・魔・鬼・輝・爽・巣・夢・零・麗・歴・無

Mainly square and symmetrical stuff with just the right amount of organic flavor, I also really like 魔's abbreviation with a マ inside the roof.

A few disgusting ones, should be deleted:

班・卓・州・阜・赴・卵

ために is a bit heavier than the first construction, but other than that the meaning is not different.

>デパートへ洋服を買う
This sounds wrong to me. If you google it in quotation marks you only get one result, where it's written ・・・デパートへ。洋服を買うの・・・. On the other hand, "デパートで洋服を買う" gets about 7,000 hits.

Ignoring that part:
>洋服を買いに行きます。
I go buy clothes.
>洋服を買うために行きます。
I go [there] for the purpose of buying clothes.
At least, that is how it sounds to me.

へ doesn't make sense without some further context, which is why it sounds wrong. で marks the place where an activity exists, and all that. ために isn't really all that much used when talking about typical, mundane things. Probably come across weird if someone were to use it a lot in speech about random, everyday things.

But the デパートへ is attaching to the 行く. If you put in "デパートに洋服を買いに行く", you get 7,000. へ gives you four results, though.

> If you put in "デパートに洋服を買いに行く",
if you actually look through the results it stops at page 5 and almost all are the same sentence probably from the same place)

I would interpret at

> (デパートに洋服を買い)に行く
To go with the purpose of buying clothes in the apartment store

> デパートへ洋服を買いに行く
To go to the department store with the purpose of buying clothes

Learning Japanese for the sake of escapism - a man's fleeting dream.

On further reflection before this post of yours I had a feeling that was what you were trying to say. I'm glad he asked this, because it brings up a grammar question I think I had many months ago:

If 洋服を買う is the relative clause of ため, does デパートへ necessarily have to attach to that (making it grammatically wrong), and in no way ultimately to the final verb 行く?

If it's alright, please elaborate on your interpretations; why the parenthesis with に? And why the slight change in meaning between へ and に?

だよなぁ

Hey. Can someone translate this old bracelet left to me by my grandmother?

さよなら
farewell,goodbye etc.

I'm not crying.

Thank you so much, I really appreciate it.
I thought it was going to be her name. She just passed away, so 'goodbye' feels like a small punch in the gut.

But thank you, again.

What a... bland keepsake. Where are the poetic kanji wordplay, or the secret wisdom?
If the poetry is supposed to be in the simplicity, then why not make it even more rustic, with uneven edges and off-center text?

You got scammed by your grandma for the last time.
My sentiments.

No problem, and my condolences. I will be lying if I said I didn't want to learn more about the bracelet (I'm a sucker for these things) but I understand if you don't want to talk about it.

雨 because it looks like raindrops falling on a window

She gave me an old jewelry box with many of her things in it. It was her military charm bracelet/ID bracelet. It wasn't a personal gift. I'm guessing she got it given to her when she left japan.

Thank you.
And it's alright, she had a very interesting life. I don't mind talking about it.

It was in 1960 when my grandma was in japan.
She was an air force wife and her husband was stationed at the Itazuke Air Base (IAB) for a time. She kept a lot of things from her few years there: handmade origami cocktail party invitations- there is a whole scrapbook full of them, geisha dolls, mother of pearl tables, jewelry boxes (one I received before her passing)...ect. Things like that.

The bracelet has two other tags on it with her name on one side and the next base they moved to in the US on the other side.

I thought her name would be in hiragana on the one I showed you, to match the others. I guess someone gave it to her as a parting gift or maybe it was assigned to her. I don't know, and probably won't find out now that she's passed.

That's really cool. A few more questions if you don't mind. Did she pick up the language and what was her overall opinion of Japan?

>You got scammed by your grandma for the last time.
>My sentiments.
free armor trimming
grandma やめて

She didn't pick the language up much at all, mostly because at the time she was still getting the hang of speaking English fluently. She only spoke Spanish up until she was 20-ish. She met an American (her future husband) and wanted to learn English for him. Also,they were only in Japan two years or so.

My grandfather was very tall: 6ft-something. My grandma very short: 5ft or a little less. They were once staying at a resort there- and this group of Japanese women thought my grandma was Japanese or at least partly so (Dark hair, small build, fair)- so they ignored my grandpa (who stuck out like a sore thumb) and tried to tell her how to work the showers there. She didn't catch a word of it. At least that was how she told the story.

She liked it quite a bit and obviously treasured the items she got from there. She had more Japanese things in her house than from her home country.

Thanks for the stories. I'm off to bed, best wishes.

is there an anki alternative for chromebook? i can't afford a real computer here

ankiweb

How i can start from 0?

hiragana and katakana

Ok, any resource or just search in google "Lean hiragana" and any trips? I have a lot of time and Interest.

the guidegoogle it, Kana are simple

Thanks.