Je voudrais advice

Burger getting on a plane to France this Sunday. I've got a couple days booked at a hotel in Paris, and then I'm probably rolling south towards Aubagne on a train. Je ne parle seulement en petit Francais, but I know to start every interaction with bonjour and not to ask strangers how they're doing. I speak French well enough to order a drink, buy a baguette, and eat at a restaurant, but that's about it. Any survival tips?

I'm traveling alone, and I'm not really looking to hide in a hotel watching television. . . Other than going to see VO movies, what's a single burger supposed to do?

Other urls found in this thread:

couteaux-et-tirebouchons.com/chocolatine-ou-pain-au-chocolat-la-vraie-reponse/
legorafi.fr/2013/03/20/toulouse-il-se-fait-abattre-de-46-balles-dans-le-corps-pour-avoir-demande-un-pain-au-chocolat/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Related question, what's the Tinder situation like? I don't use it here, but France might be a different story.

>what's a single burger supposed to do?

Stay in your country, we don't want you here.

You're wrong, mudshit.

I'm probably whiter than you. Still go such his tiny American cock, it's probably a tradition in your family.Collabo.

Suck it, antiamerica commie.

>Any survival tips?
Let me start out with the painfully obvious
>Buy a map, a lot of tourist-oriented maps will pretty much tell you what the must-see locations are
>Seek out the location of one of France's many tourism points where they'll be able to help you with pretty much anything you could ever want in multiple languages including English
>Use "orientation points" like big monuments, unique buildings or subway stations should you ever get lost, so you can easily find your way back
>Write down the adress of your hotel so you can order a taxi in the worst case scenario

The not-so-obvious
>If (overly friendly) strangers suddenly speak to you, be on your guard. Paris is one of the most visited cities in the world and as a consequence it's riddled with pickpockets. These guys can smell a tourist's wallet from a kilometer away. A very common scam is to have one person talk to you (sometimes asking for directions) while another slips his hand in your pocket or purse
>Stay away from the North-East. All those "hurr durr literally everyone in France is black" memes you see? They're about Saint Denis and some of the other surrounding areas. You avoid them in the same way you avoid Central Park when visiting New York.
>Don't assume the locals are there to help you. They're just trying to get to and from work, have probably been asked for directions 10 times that day and 3 of those times it was probably by some of the aforementioned scammers
>If you want to adress a local in English, always start out with "excusez-moi, parlez-vous Anglais?". Even if they speak English, it's always helpful to show you're at least trying.
>If you're making a (non-formal) appointment with a Frenchman, remember the so-called quart d'heure de politesse (politeness quarter hour). Long story short: when you agree to meet a Frenchman at 9:00, expect him at 9:15.
>The Louvre is free to enter if you're younger than 26, good luck getting in though

I'm a nationalist, meaning i don't think of my country as a whore selling itself to the highest bidder. The USA are treating us as a vassal nation hence my hatred of America and by extension of americans.

>buy a map
>2017

umm

So you hate a country and its people because of the country's politics...?

Yes, just as you'd hate Germans back in the old days for having elected a bloodthirsty brute i hate American for their support of the American policies (which are the will of the american people).
Plus they're an obnoxious bunch, a mix of ignorance and arrogance is seldom a good national character trait.

pls be my gf

I guess you hate every relevant nation, then.

Only the one who is destroying my culture and treating my country as a lapdog, that is the us

Thanks! I worry about the map, thing, just because nothing screams "I'm a tourist pick my pocket pls" like walking around with a map. It's worth studying one so I can get a basic idea of the layout, and landmarks like you said.

Mellow out, bro. I'm visiting France, not buying it. The US and France have a long relationship, with good times and bad.

You don't travel that much, do you?

What the fuck do you expect as advices? Language tips? Well the further south you go the more they talk like shit. Example the word "pain" (bread) is pronounced in the south almost as "ping".

I hope you don't prefer Russia...

I prefer France above all nation, and Russia above the us as it's currently not a threat to our identity

>Well the further south you go the more they talk like shit

>getting pickpocketed
Just keep your wits about you, country boy.

I've been to Paris a few times, but never really chilled there. The Louvre is absolutely top of the list for me. Google Paris catacombs if you like spooky shit, sure you can figure out a way down there.

Why do I get this feeling that Americans killed your parents in some desert shithole?

Go to a subway station and ask for "Paris visit" map, its free. You'll get the transport map and a lot of tourist related stuff (tours, monuments etc...)
If you don't want to do tourist tour you can just chill along the seine.

There's a lot of girls on tinder, you'll find 70% of french girls and many foreigners as well (US, Asians, Brasilians and Germans for the most)

You'll be fine, we're not as rude as you think, just avoid people who seems in a hurry. I hope you'll have a nice trip in our country fellow burger.

Thanks! And yeah, I feel for Parisians, honestly. I lived for a year in a place with a big tourist season, and for six months out of the year there would be mobs of people milling around with all the time in the world while I was trying to get to work and live life on a schedule.

Be aware of some common scams, like people asking you whether you speak English that want you to do something like signing a petition and requiring money, thimbleriggers, heckling panhandlers, people that give you a present in form of flowers and then start demanding money.

Have your wallet and most immediate belongings in your front pocket. Try to get up early to access overcrowded sites without losing time in waiting lines, like the catacombs for example. For some attractions there are 'skip the line' tickets that you can pre-book online.

>The Louvre is free to enter if you're younger than 26, good luck getting in though
This is wrong and only applies for EU/EEA citizens.

Wrong feeling, though Americans destroyed all the cities of my region ,killed and raped many thousands of civilians then proceed to replace my culture and to keep my country as their personal lapdog.
And I'm talking about France, not a desert shithole.

Since when is it chocolatine in paris. That map is wrong.

>le lait
>'le léh'

Though, after you have passed security and if you have an EU passport, don't go to the ticket counter but straight to the entrance to the wings of the building. They will let you in by just showing it. Other monuments require you to get a 'free ticket' first that you show when you enter.

>chocolatine
not even a frog but this triggers me pretty hard.

I live just next to Aubagne kek.
Don't worry, even if few people know how to speak english, it's not hard to communicate.

>people that give you a present in form of flowers and then start demanding money.

I heard this happens a lot, but I can't fathom how colossally stupid you have to be to fall for this. Do people really think they're that awesome that random strangers on the street will give them presents? Do they normally receive presents from strangers back home?

Chocolatine is the only real answer
couteaux-et-tirebouchons.com/chocolatine-ou-pain-au-chocolat-la-vraie-reponse/

>be in Bordeaux with my local host
>about to buy a 'pain du chocolat' like advertised in the shop window
>she insists that it's incorrect and wants me to buy a 'chocolatine'
>I end up asking for a 'chocopain' to make her mad and she ends up turning red.

wtf I hate french people now
I always thought it was an awful americanism

At least you survived the encounter. Not everyone is that lucky.

legorafi.fr/2013/03/20/toulouse-il-se-fait-abattre-de-46-balles-dans-le-corps-pour-avoir-demande-un-pain-au-chocolat/

>I'm probably rolling south towards Aubagne on a train
If you want to join the French Foreign Legion chances are you won't be taken, americans are laughed at there, just saying you should save yourself the trouble

Wtf, I hate Occitans now.

>Le Gorafi
Lmao I forgot about this

Why specifically Aubagne ? You're going in the Légion or what ?
Anyway said pretty much everything there is to know. One of the most important thing here I'd say is to at least know how to say hello, good bye and "parlez-vous anglais ?". Americans get themselves a pretty shitty reputation when they come to us and start speaking their language like we are their vassals or something. This is extremely arrogant.

>tfw people know about us
I can sleep happy now

>Americans get themselves a pretty shitty reputation when they come to us and start speaking their language like we are their vassals or something
There's a time and place for everything in life, but I unironically love to banter Parisian service workers by speaking to them in English.

t. cunt

get ready for blacks

It would be even shittier for you if americans just butchered your own language infront of you just so you'd respect them, which lets be honest, you wouldn't.

The vast majority of us have never been in a situation where we've had to speak another language. So it's hard for us, and also it's embarrassing as all hell when you butcher a language.

You cheeky bastard

No I'm just saying like simple stuff like
"Bonjour, parlez-vous anglais ?" and "au revoir" and that's it. If he says no then find someone else. Just to not look like a cunt.

Why the fuck do you go there if you don't even already know what you want to do?