Be me

>be me
>super fucking depressed
>heard that xanax is a good drug to help you against depression
>is really interested in it

what's it like being on xans? should i take em? i didn't take any drugs ever in my life, i'm like a straight edge faggot, i've never really gave a fuck, i tried weed once but it was a bad experience cuz i used a apple pipe, and what's the price of xans usually?

Other urls found in this thread:

prescription-drug.addictionblog.org/what-happens-when-you-snort-xanax/
psychologytoday.com/blog/all-about-addiction/201001/alcohol-benzos-and-opiates-withdrawal-might-kill-you
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It just really mellows you out and makes you feel good. You get calm and feel a bit of euphoria

ketamine is good against depression.

So they say but is it really proven ? I did a shit ton of ket back in the day and was super depressed before and after taking it.

the best part about benzos, especially if you have a desire to die but feel bad an heroing....is that you start taking them habitually and can functionally go about your day and next thing you know you're 5 years closer to a natural death without remembering much at all of what happened. repeat until dead

use small amounts, it worked for myself, usualy it works for about 2 weeks.
but not sure if it's really proven, alot of studies about it though.

take like .5 mg before you need to do something and you'll become the best version of yourself, i can smoke weed and go about my daily life on them with a smile on my face

Anyone knows how to get some?

alphabay

why do they prescribe them for anxiety instead of depression? all i got were shitty SSRIs that did nothing

what country are u in?

This will only worsen depression. Are you retarded?

I don't understand what you're trying to get from them, I'm 99% certain it wont fix your situation.

It will feel good, obviously, but you can't just spend the rest of your life on xanax, plus eventually the feeling would wear off, and you'd be physically addicted, and life would be miserable.

The only way it would work is if you took them for a month, and even that is too long of continuous use in my opinion, and during that month you were happy and motivated and fixed your life, and then got off the xanax and lived a happy normal life.

But that isn't that realistic.

There is a reason you are depressed, if it's because your job sucks and you don't have a girlfriend, then like I said, if taking xanax for a month makes you feel happy and motivated enough to go out and find a new job and meet new people then it might help.

But you can't just take xanax for 6 months and have it magically cure your depression, there is a 100% chance things would get worse when you come off than before you started.

I'm with this guy, but it's only if you trust yourself not to abuse the drug. My rule is that I never take it 2 days in a row, which is very strict, but I have an addictive personality and don't trust myself.

there's no euphoria just relief from the stress

euphoria is pretty much just opiates not benzos

Dude, drugs are the last ditch effort to stop depression. Only use drugs if ALL other methods fail. Like exercise, martial arts, getting more sunshine, eat better (significantly decrease sugar and eat more fruit, not fruit juice), meditate, see a psychiatrist , go to free group therapy sessions, get new creative hobbies, learn a new trade, take free online courses to better yourself, go tanning (vitamin d works wonders), stop posting on 4 channel, read more books, shit ANYTHING!! Becoming addicted to benzos will not help your depression. And if you have to take benzos every day to function, the chance of addiction is 100%. I have clinical depression and drugs will only affect most with depression in a negative way. Meditation is my favorite anti depressants, followed by huge amounts of fruit (used to be a super sugar holic. Fruit makes it harder to think about suicide. Weird but true). Drugs are the last option op.

Do some psychedelics once or twice and reevaluate things instead of becoming a Xanax zombie for the rest of your life, that shit might make you feel alright at first but you'll feel worse than now if you ever stop

Also I should note that my post made it sound like xanax would help with motivation, the opposite is probably true for most people.

It's just I have social anxiety, so when I take it I suddenly seemingly have motivation to get shit done, shit that I would otherwise be putting off due to having to have social interactions

There is a good chance you'll take xanax and just want to be a lazy retard and sleep

also as mentioned xanax won't help depression whatsoever you want something like bupropion xl that helps manage chemicals in your brain also it normally takes a few months to play with different combinations of prescriptions for them to start working

Xanax is for anxiety
G8 b8 tho

I actually agree with this. Clinical LSD testing from the 1950s showed that lsd treatments we're effective as a long term CURE for depression. However in the wrong set and setting, it can also increase depression and bring out undiscovered psychosis. Watch documentaries about lsd sessions and their "set and setting".

If you take too many you will black out and can get into serious trouble. I lost my car one time after getting fucked up on Xanax.

First off, using drugs for depression wouldn't be a good idea(except weed).
Second, xanax is great for being okay with whatever happens until you come down so yes and no.
Third, Don't do any drug looking for a "relief" from life, that's how you get addicted to shit. It's not an every day thing.

That being said, xanax is awesome for anxiety or just for chilling at home not so bored.

Also, psychedelics are great for depression, but I would microdose as someone experienced.

inexperienced*********** wtf....

i mean, i'm not gonna take em all the time, i just want a boost for when i'm feeling depressed and wanna be happy, i'm not gonna try and drown my sorrow in drugs

fuck microdosing
seriously, if you're taking small enough amounts that you aren't actually tripping then you're not dealing with your mental issues, you're simply adjusting your neurochemistry the same way legal and more available mood stabilizers would.
If you are inexperienced, take a full 8th of psilocibe cubensis and go talk to your furniture for a while. You will either have a wonderful experience that will make you want to do it again, or you will have a terrible experience that will make you confront issues in your life in a profound and beneficial way.
Miocrodosing is a trend, and it is one which honestly cheapens the experience.

If you've taking psychadelics for a while and the neurochemical change is good for you, then sure microdose before you go into work you neo-hippy. But don't just start fucking with your brain chemistry to see if it helps.

That's how people get shot in the face by friends having mental breakdowns

Xanax will not stop you from feeling depressed. It will prevent feelings of anxiety, but at the same time has the potential to prevent all strong feelings, happiness included. Want to be completely emotionless? Take Xanax. Want to cure depression? Try ANYTHING else.

> literally what every drug addict says when they start.

I use Zoloft (75mg per day). Works wonders for me.

This. Never drugs. Change your life yourself. Exercise is the best way to lift yourself out of depression. Walk for an hour a day, every day and then add other stuff as and when you can.

Ukfag here it was on the news here that these 15 16 year olds took xanax they don't know where they got it from but it sent them to hospital they were really ill is it really good?

you cant have a bad time if you dont remember

Does it though? "works wonders" often means my life is still shit, I'm still lazy and unmotivated but the drug makes me no longer care about those things

If you truly need xanax then you can take 16mg at once and still be functional even if you've never taken them before. The only time you'll reach the mentally retarded level is if you snort them.

But if you don't need them then 2-4mg will completely fuck you up. Don't do it if you don't need them OP. People on Xanax lose money, crash their cars, dont shower for days, have stuff stolen from them, and get raped without them ever even knowing.

>straight edge

talk to somebody you trust
your body/mind don’t need drugs

Zoloft, Prozac, celexa, and many other anti depressants are linked to feelings of depersonalization, and when use is stopped, the withdraw is likened to "electrical shocks in your brain". Know what is better for you and has almost no side effects? Eating right! Exercise! Do either of these for 6-12 weeks (how long it clinically takes for all antidepressants to take effect) then see if you are still depressed.

Take one 200 mg L-tryptophan pill
It's natural and you don't need a prescription
You'll thank me later

It's not recreational at all and no benzo really is. You take it to ptfo on long plane rides or not give a fuck if it falls out of the sky - because you're too groggy to care. Find Vicodin or oxys. Or better yet, Paxil if you're truly depressed and suffering anxiety

This is fucking retarded, you must be 14. Never ever take 16mg at once. With no tolerance even if you "need" them 2-4mg will obliterate you. Snorting them doesn't even work because benzos aren't active when snorting. (Xanax isn't even water soluble)

pay attention kid i'm going to send some wisdom towards you.
When someone gives you drugs, you take them, and prescription drugs are the jackpot of drugs

try gabapentin -- far easier to get prescribed

i mean, i just don't wanna feel anything, and i heard that's what xanax is for, i'm a broke ass retard so i couldn't take too much even if i wanted too, i just wanna take like 0.5

That's why it dissolves and tastes bitter af sublingual eh

Not a good drug for depression or anything else for that matter. Extremely addictive. Tolerance begins immediately and withdrawing from drug can be fatal (true story - the only other drug that kills people when you discontinue use is alcohol).

They're not even prescribed for depression.

Keklel
Get it back?

Psychologist sudentfag here, Xanax is for panic attacks and anxiety.
Psychiatrist, tell them you're having panic attacks.

I would suggest

Do NOT forget that your environment plays a huge role

This plus if you suffer from anxiety attacks, then a xanax will calm you down. They also help me sleep better.

I suffered from clinical depression, and suicidal ideation. Smoked a lot of weed, ex cocaine and mdma addict. After 3 suicide attempts went into in hospital care. After I left I gave up weed and started taking celexa. 3 months later I couldn't get an erection let alone when I could I couldn't get off. Decided the cure wasn't worth it. Dealt with depression until this year, when I cut down sugars to what the FDA recommends (45 grams for an adult male). Started eating ridicous amounts of fruit to make up for candy and soda withdraw. Unexpected side effect? I am no longer interested in suicidal fantasies. It is literally harder for me to focus on suicide. Oh yeah and I can smoke weed now too!

People who claim snorting them doesn't work are fucking retarded and just googled those facts. I was prescribed xanax for 3 years and they never really did shit to me unless i snorted them because I actually needed them.

Be a man and snort a xanax rather than googling if it works you dumb shit.

just go to a therapist user, it's addictive as shit

Xanax is very addictive. It should be used when you are about to do something that's anxiety provoking. It only lasts ~5 hours. Not used to treat anxiety as tolerance builds up quickily and withdrawals are hell (worse than opiates IMO you can die from it). If you're looking for a long term solution look into antidepressants. Do not go down this road if you don't have to.

>stop posting on 4 channel
let's not get carried away

Opiate withdraw can also lead to death.

Lol fair argument...

Get weed bro...

Yeah, you're dumb.

I Have insufflated Xanax (fucking plebs using the word "snorted". Learn some science!) And it definitely gets you high. Significantly stronger buzz than swallowing pills.

Yes a few days later I found it. I thought someone stole it so I called the police beforehand.

Good drug for depression if you like 6 month long withdrawals including seizures, crippling panic attacks, hallucinations, insomnia, paranoia, suicidal ideation and not remembering the last 3 weeks of your life.

Ever heard of weed? Even this would be a better shout

Yeah no shit. Snorting even just one knocks me the fuck out after 15 minutes and I sleep for 8 hours. Everyone of my boys who would snort them with me would also get completely destroyed but these stupid kids claiming to have done xanax have probably only smoked oregano once in their life and are getting their facts from google like a bunch of dumb shits.

Nope. Just feels like it. Stress caused by withdrawal could exacerbate a pre-existing or underlying condition but the w/d's will not kill an otherwise healthy person.

Opiates will kill you on their own, though. No need to withdraw.

Not really, only if you're left alone & locked up for hours/days with no water or meds so you die of dehydration from the vomitting.

prescription-drug.addictionblog.org/what-happens-when-you-snort-xanax/ your argument isn't invalid, it's just wrong.

Your argument is also wrong. psychologytoday.com/blog/all-about-addiction/201001/alcohol-benzos-and-opiates-withdrawal-might-kill-you

OP, Xanax is for anxiety, not necessarily depression. But if you're super depressed, a dose could help calm you done for a bit.

I'm not gonna go into a ton of detail, but personal experience, it is VERY easy to get addicted to and difficult to stop.

Also if you take Xanax, don't listen to most of the fags here. Snorting is useless plus the drip is dreadful. Melting under your tongue is fine but again, dreadful taste, if you can stomach it, power to you. They're meant to hit you fast and hard, swallowing them works just fine. But, if you want to speed up how quick it hits you, parachute it.

I've never done it, why are so many rappers obsessed with it?

How would you describe the feeling?

From how I've heard the effects of codeine described it just sounds like somewhere inbetween being high on weed and a valium or two

Wouldn't taking a xanax be a similar high to codeine?

They can rot your mind away and make your forget everything. Be very careful, you should only take them when prescribed

I'm taking about 10mg a night to sleep, and 3mg when I've got up and eaten in the morning.

>started on 2mg to help sleep at night
>increased to 4mg
>stopped counting and now just grab a bunch

I didn't realise how severe the withdrawal is. I assumed it would be like withdrawal from codeine (no idea why) so I had no idea why I was crying on my apartment floor because I felt like a fraud having my own place. Didn't expect a mental breakdown.

Oh shit no wonder I would sometimes have short breaths. Never developed nausea or any of the other symptoms but the short breaths were fucking awful.

This whole time I thought it was asthma or allergies but I still thought it was weird that my inhaler didn't help me at all.

Xanax is a completely different category of drug than codeine. Affects the brain in completely different ways. It is like comparing apples to tomatoes because they are both fruits.

I doubt ketamine is great for depression but its pretty awesome if you feel like going on a 30 min to an hour rollercoaster ride

15mg single dose has studies validating several weeks of anti depressive effects. Not recreational use amounts.

you mean lean? it just makes u chill

Then you'e wrong.

Ketamine is good for depression.
The best drugs to self medicate with in order is

Shrooms -> One use
LSD -> One Use
MDMA -> Occasional use
Weed -> Every day
Kanna, natural SNRI -> Every day
Ketamine -> Can do this pretty often
Codeine -> like once or twice a weekish max should be fine
Alcohol -> Similar to ket

Then right at the bottom of the list at the most dangerous and least effective section would be Xanax. Even valium would be a better idea since it has a longer half life.

It's for anxiety and panic. Not depression. Also easy to get dependent on.

I LOVE ketamine, recreationally. It feels like a long NO2 buzz (is actually a similar class of drugs). I also didn't find it as addictive as insufflating opiates or benzos. But VERY small amounts of K have the same strength affect as other drugs. Example: bought 1/4 gram of K to split with 2 other people. Broke up into bumps. Thought I was ripped off cause I was doing lots of coke at the time. Took one bump. Literally walking on the moon for 3 hours.

kek

15 = possible respiratory depressant effects.

but so does valium and xanax, what is so special about the feeling codiene gives?

15mg of ketamine administered by a medical professional? No.

saving this for GF, trying to explain this concept to her, but you summarized it nicely

thanks user

Benzos give a feeling of disconnection. Often called depersonalization (this can continue after use is discontinued, often referred to as being a "zombie"). Opiates create a warm euphoria (often accompanied by itchiness) and sometimes more acute feelings. Also causes increased agitation and shorter temper.

I'm an ex addict of everything from illicit drugs to prescribed drugs. Any prescribed drug takes 3 months to work. If your willing to try that, why not try something hat has no side effects? Good luck user.

True, somehow opiates can make you feel more irritable but also more chilled out.

Much, much better choice to get addicted to for depression than Xanax ....

Interesting

So my comfy and relaxed feeling from valium is because of disconnection, I feel a disconnect from the world and any worry or stress I usually feel

Lean makes you comfy and relaxed by making you feel so good you no longer care about the negatives?

Just curious, I really love my valium and have been using it "smartly"

kinda want to try codeine now

and if you are going to use drug addiction for your mental health.

day 1. ket
day 2. ,codeine
day 3. valium
day 4. weed
day 5. alcohol
,etc

then do it like this so you can avoid physical dependency n tolerance.

Any addiction will be worse for depression. Try methods other than drugs. If you really desire not to be depressed try something that requires actual effort. Besides beating depression without drugs does wonders for self esteem.

>depression
its for anxiety.

if you want to cure your depression go accomplish things. if you get too anxious.. then maybe its for you... but its not the missing piece that will magically make you feel whole.

Just get Zoloft and your sex life will be amazing.

From wiki on benzodiazepim:
Benzodiazepines enhance the effect of the neurotransmitter gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) at the GABAA receptor, resulting in sedative, hypnotic (sleep-inducing), anxiolytic (anti-anxiety), anticonvulsant, and muscle relaxant properties. High doses of many shorter-acting benzodiazepines may also cause anterograde amnesia and dissociation.[3] These properties make benzodiazepines useful in treating anxiety, insomnia, agitation, seizures, muscle spasms, alcohol withdrawal and as a premedication for medical or dental procedures.

enjoy being a heroin addict in a few years when your pills no longer get you feeling ok

That's hilarous, I've never given that idea any thought

So if you had a big enough variety of drugs, and planned everything out carefully, you could be high as fuck and feel great every single day with no withdrawals or harsh come downs

>shit ANYTHING!!
I think its going to start getting painful if you try shitting anything

take pure mdma

Side note to this:
My newly started (5 months) high fruit diet has made pooping amazing. My diet of coffee, and fast food left my bathroom time... Unfulfilling at best. Now my poops are the best. To quote Donald Trump "tremendous and huge"

Thanks for your concern, but that'll never happen

I take valium usually one night per week

I do kickboxing, go to the gym, cycle, and I still love the drugs.

You love drugs you are prescribed or recreational/illegal drugs you are self prescribing?

Am a collegebro. Xans are a redflag for degeneracy. Its a tranquilizer that makes you a retarded manchild that wont remember the trip, who the fuck wants that? Its a shortcut for feeling alcoholic drunk and carefree, and who else likes being plastered and useless other than failures and losers?

As I said, a redflag. People abusing xans are people who are unhappy being sober, the result of a root problem caused by being unable to lead your own life.

Especially in a college setting where you have youth and minimal responsibility, watch out for these degenerates

This is an unempathetic, but true statement. I often referred to my time doing Xanax as "short term time travel experimentation"