Be me fulfilling GE credits at liberal school, in sociology class, the easiest A ever

>be me fulfilling GE credits at liberal school, in sociology class, the easiest A ever
>Lady is going off about how band-aids are racist, razors are cheaper for men, and black dolls cost more than white ones
>Not understanding basic economics
>This retardation pushes me over the edge, I explain to her why this happens
>I'm Hitler now
>She asks for my name as she's loosing the argument
>"I don't see how that's relevant, I'd rather stay anonymous"
Did I sperg out like a fag or do the right thing on that last part? I feel like getting on a first name basis with a whole college class is just not worth the risk these days, but every time I reply the situation in my head I cringe.

if you had told her she most likely would have failed you or barring that told the dean or something. good for you user stand up for what you beleive in.

i had a similar thing happen with a biology teacher who actually tried to in a biology course teach us that gender wasn't real. i politely withdrew from her class.

Fuck those liberal retards. They actually have a mental disorder because they are unable to process reality and should not reproduce.

You smoke checked that fucking retard. You are good. If you had given her your name she probably wouldve accused you off rape.

How is a fucking bandaid racist?

just a guess, but maybe because they're not black?
not op.

she wanted to fuck you dude. you can still salvage this.

the only problem is that school is over for the summer, nice try, liar.

She was a student not the prof. I've heard all the horror stories of people ruining someone's whole career just from a microagression, and I didn't want anything to do with that.

Our professor was genuinely trying to use it as an example of saying how the US isn't multicultural enough, how there are no dark shades of band aid, makeup etc. I couldn't help but interject after this bitch went off about it. My prof is basically a shrink for these loons' oppression complex, it's horrid.

because they only come in the light tan-ish white person skin color.

>she wanted to fuck you dude. you can still salvage this.
She's a disgusting, wrinkly, married shrew
>the only problem is that school is over for the summer, nice try, liar.
My finals are next week, I'm amerifat

I doubt your professor would have a problem with explaining an economic justification for why band aids dont come in multiple colors. college isnt really full of these militant social justice people.

the student you could have probably banged. should give her your name and number.

>>"I don't see how that's relevant, I'd rather stay anonymous"

Great.
I'm only sorry you didn't take a pic of her triggered face when asking for your name.

lol im american and my finals were last week. you got cucked there, dude. you still gotta bang her for the dominance.

If this actually happened, you did the right thing.

In this time of social whateverthefuckthisis, an illogical emotional argument will beat a well thought out factual argument 99% of the time and you will be vilified for pointing out how stupid these cunts are.

You did the right thing as long as you were calm and collected when you said it. If you were mad and going full retard then yes you fucked up.

You underestimate the power of California retardation. This same professor spent half a unit convincing the class race was not biological, but a social construct.

You missed a chance, user. Should've answered with picture related.

race, or ethnicity? because thats basically the distinction between the two - race is rooted in biology, ethnicity is a social construct.

make sure you see your prinicipal or dean ASAP and just let them know in a calm and casual manner about the incident and what happened, and that you have some mild concerns that the teacher might be biased in your grading going forward

just get the dialog started now so if she goes full Stalin on you by giving you shit grades you dont deserve, you have some recourse and history with the dean

>Lady is going off about how band-aids are racist, razors are cheaper for men, and black dolls cost more than white ones.

This is true though. And also indicative of systemic racism/sexism. You might not care about it, but she's not wrong.

race is based on biological characteristics that are deemed significant by society, so from one sociological perspective it is a social construct.

Same with sex and gender. One is biological, the other is a social construct.

Go back to your cave, retardkin.

she is wrong because sexist is right. men and women play different roles in society

i don't know why this bothers some women who are typically of the lesbian nature

>I sperg out like a fag

/end thread

if thats your response then you probably will get a bad grade in sociology, because you lack the capacity to understand different arguments and perspectives without injecting your personal opinions, probably because of autism.

Blue band-aid for the win.

Skin color bain-aids are extra gross.

If you go by your stupid logic, everything is a social construct.

>race, or ethnicity?
He argued for both, of course with no substance or proof. The typical "there is one race, the human race" bullshit. He and the whole social science department are a total joke.
>race is rooted in biology
Haha yeh tell that to my prof

Kill yourself

Most things are

right, but you could also consider the case of the rwandan genocide as an example of race as a social construct. to them they were killing off an inferior race, but to us they were just black people.

Get bandaids with pictures on them. Those razors for men as meant for shaving the face, not the legs and body, the ones for the legs and body also have those little moisturizer strips on them, to avoid irritation which arguably is an added feature. Black dolls likely cost more because there is a lower percentage of black people in the society where they are sold, which means the demand isn't big enough for mass production and a lowered cost from having a standard model.

The bitch about razors is retarded tho. If the "man's" razor costs more, then fucking buy that one. The "woman's" razor costing more is indeed just due to the economic fact that women are willing to pay more for it.

Not for nothing but if "women's" razors, shampoo, body wash or whatever cost less I'd buy that. IDGF as long as they still shave my beard and clean my hair and body.

Conservacuck thinking detected.
Snowflake.
Needs safe space.

The fact that the white model is the standard model is what is the problem here.

Oh I see, you're just just baiting. Well, have fun then, faggot.

people might argue that the decision to only buy a doll that is the same color as you is subconsciously racist or discriminatory.

though most kids want the doll that looks like them, a redhead probably has the same issue or faces an even harder time finding a doll they like.

Why, if you have a larger group of white people as your buyer base, having white dolls being the standard makes sense. I'd bet in majority black countries, more black dolls are made and they are the standard.

reddit fag, get lost.
No one here buys this shit.

that's a very practical solution to a theoretical problem. The problem is not that she can't afford razors, or that black people are incapable of dealing with white band-aids. I sometimes feel like there's a fundamental mismatch in these types of discussions where both sides are trying to explain really simple concepts to the other side, but failing, as both sides are looking at the problem from different angles.

Everyone has a bit of bias, it's how you choose to react to it that makes the racist or not.
If you're willing to be proven wrong and take people as individuals, you tend not to be racist.

see

They aren't. They are literally the epitome of inclusion.

Just look at them. They are integrating all species, objects, and colors.

See

I'm not sure the white people buyer base is actually larger, could be. But even if it was, having white dolls be the standard is possibly a way of ensuring the buyer base remains largely white, thus perpetuating this argument forever.

except brown.

yet the standard, cheapest band-aid is still white. This shows that considers white the standard. You might not think that's particularly bad, but it's at least indicative of systemic inequality.

I actually do think the band aid situation is due to racism, they're made with white people in mind whilst ignoring that there are other skin types.

But the razors are NOT. The companies selling razors have simply realized that women are willing to pay more for razors simply because they're pink or have names like "Venus" or whatever. If nobody bought the shit, they'd drop the price; and if people still didn't buy they'd eventually stop selling it. It's not sexism it's economics, pure and simple.

Meh, the market following trends doesn't seem inherently racist to me, if the mean income of black people in the US were to rise and they started buying more, I'm sure more and cheaper black dolls would be the result.

It's a freaking bandaid, it stands out on white people too. It's poor people bandaids, not white people bandaids.

Do you mean white as in the color white or the flesh color white people's bandaid? Because the color white has been associated with purity in nearly all parts in the world and it would make sense for white to be the color of a medical supply.

If it's merely because they look like white people skin, we are the majority in the US and the people who make these bandaids are a business that would have financial advantage from catering their product to the most people.

>The "woman's" razor costing more is indeed just due to the economic fact that women are willing to pay more for it.

Partly. Companies that make razors for women spend millions on testing and marketing towards women. Women already have several ways of removing body hair that is much more cost effective and efficient both in amount removed and longevity than shaving. Men have... shaving. Thats it. A lot of testing, focusing, development and marketing goes into a womans razor blade product, this is why they cost more for seemingly the same product as men.

Agreement on racism on Sup Forums. What a rare thing. I'm not sure about the razors thing myself, I'm not sure what exactly the difference between the actual razors is, in that I wonder whether they are literally the same thing in pink, or somehow of different build/quality. I'm not nearly invested enough in this to research tho.

Fuck... you're right...
I don't know prices.
Thought I highly doubt that it's indicative of it. Even if it was before, now it's just a norm. I'm sure we could just petition for more the inclusion of brown but as a Mexican myself I could careless. I really didn't like band aids as a kid. It's a bandage, I'm sure another brand has a brown one. The point is to heal, not to be hidden. By that logic casts and hospitals are racist because they aren't painted brown

I have never seen an actual white colored band aid. I obviously meant the "white people skin" colored ones. I have never heard anyone rages against white bandages, for instance, because that actually makes sense. It's the weird beige/white skin tone ones I'm talking about.

do adults even use bandaids still?

Even if that's true, the cost of such marketing and R&D is not reflected in the price of the product FOREVER.

It was invented by a white person for a predominantly white society. If niggers want their own band-aid, they can go and fucking produce it. But no. The white man has to do it because niggers are too stupid to do anything other than stealing and killing each other. Also, why don't niggers want white band-aids? That's pretty racist if you ask me.

They're good for bleeding cuts and stuff.

I just use a tissue or toilet paper to cover the cut until it stops bleeding. takes like 5 minutes for the cut to fill itself in.

Well, I assume that a bandage company would want to follow the desires of the customer to be successful and profitable. Not many want their injuries super visible and would prefer a skin-tone bandage to avoid drawing more attention. Thus, flesh bandage.

it is, because focus groups, testing and marketing are a constant, they don't just do it once and stop. Style changes, hyped up features, form factor and tactile feel are all measured. There is way more to focus groups than them just asking if the product did well in the field.

White flesh bandage, which is only one type of flesh. The fact that the most common one is in that tone shows that society considers that tone to be "normal", or "standard", which is not based in reality.

>>She asks for my name as she's loosing the argument
>loosing

Also how do you stay anonymous when you're in the same class as someone.

But yeah. You both spergged out. You know what rational people do? Laugh of idiocy like this. You aren't going to change anyone's mind or come out looking like the cool guy by arguing with crazy or arguing like this period.

Now you're implying that men's razors do not change at all and therefore do not also have testing and focus groups.

>The fact that the most common one is in that tone shows that society considers that tone to be "normal", or "standard", which is not based in reality
Not in your reality perhaps, but in the one everyone else lives in, it is.

The razors complaint is part of a larger argument about lots of hygiene products, that "women's" shampoo, conditioner, body wash, etc all cost more than similar products that are "for men". And of course those spouting this argument always ignore the obvious truth: if you stop paying that price, they stop charging it.

But of course that would be assuming a libtard ever picked up an economics book.

they do, but its considerably less expensive and men have less options as I already stated. Men either shave or trim, with a mixed percentage of that doing both. There is less focus on men in testing because men only care about the end result of the product, not the product itself. Men also demand less stylistic changes over time.

That's not so much an argument as it's saying "no it's not". In my mind there are two options: white is standard, and thus there is inequality, or, there is no inequality, and therefore white should not be the standard. Now you can feel about inequality any way you like, you may not mind, or think it's natural, or even rightful. But if it exists, it does lead to situations where people will point out its existence. Doesn't make sense to me to then pretend it doesn't exist.

How big a part of American society is it black people inhabit?
They're not called a minority because people dislike them, they're called a minority because there are fewer of them.

i say you sperged out as soon as you opened your mouth lol

Yeah I just buy what I can afford. If you want the extra fruity shampoo, you're probably gonna pay extra either way.

I've actually honestly always felt odd there are so few products for men. I'd gladly pay more money to not smell like "man", that typical boring scent that is in almost every damn male soap. What ends up happening is that I buy soap marketed to females, thus perpetuating this cycle. I can't imagine I'm the only one.

I buy perfume free stuff and just smell like clean me, works pretty well actually.

another one Sup Forumsros
GTFO REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Well, honestly, I just figured they sold the other colors in more diverse areas. I had like two black kids in my high school and I'm still living in my shit home town.

It is cheaper for a company to produce a product in a single color, which for some inexplicable reason just happens to be the one that fits with the majority of the country.

Of course if they made other colors the cost would be passed to the consumers, which would then be deemed racist because rich white children don't understand basic economics.

You're so right. I've lived in California my whole life and the retardation here is astounding.

Sounds like you weren't ready for that biology class. If you were, you would understand the difference between gender and biological sex

>One is biological, the other is a social construct.
They are synonymous you cock guzzling faggot.

Is America the only country in the world? Are Americans the only people to use bandaids? Also, whites don't make up over 50% of the American population. So there's not really any "majority" with which to compare your "minority" to.

I agree fully that it makes total economic sense, I've never argued against that. The companies are not racist for focusing on making money. We can agree on this fully.

The statement I made was about racial inequality, there's not really any one particular person or institution at fault here and there's not a clear cut solution. Making more diverse band-aids might indeed drive up the price, which would actually fuck over poor families (a lot of which black) the worst. That's clearly not it. The discussion is about the existence of inequality, not about blame or finger pointing. If it becomes that, the argument has already ended.

That's because it is a social construct. Considering there are far more differences between members of a races than between "races" it would be difficult to make a sound argument that races actually do exist

I miss when Lex Luthor was the reaction pic to being wrong.

I don'y know man, I go from american perapwctives because this is an american site.
I'm a danes myself of mixed ancestry, living in a predominantly white society and sure there are a few racist tards, but systemic racism is something I fail to see, even as a mixed person.

perapwctives?
perspectives*

Danes?
Dane*
Damn my typodom is strong tonight

>some inexplicable reason just happens to be the one that fits with the majority of the country.

Don't be so naive. And the reason why isn't sinister racism. It's because the inventor was white and created for his people. Beyond that, you're correct. It's cheaper.

It's sort of like a house... they're typically designed for humans of average (give or take) size and height. That's fine for the average person, but say a dwarf wants to move in and all the shelves are too high. Well, that doesn't mean the designer or creator has ill will towards short people, it's just that it wasn't designed to perfectly for everyone.

The difference here is the problem with the house was a functional one. A smart dwarf would move on and find a different house to fit his needs. The bandaids, however, the problem is an aesthetic one. Ultimately having no affect on the product besides whether it blends in with the wearers skin or not.

To worry about the bandaids is silly. But, it has a reason for being the way it is. Same with why there are more male characters in entertainment. More men create the content, and you write what you know.

The only reason "gender" came into use was because the word sex gained an erotic connotation in the middle of the 20th century. Gender and sex are the same fucking thing.

Gender ROLES, as in how society expects people of a certain gender/sex to look, dress and act... THAT is what you're talking about.

>talking about dwarves like they really exist.
lol

Have you never met a little person?
Or heck have you ever seen Willow?

That's a word game I'm not really interested in playing. As long as we agree that behavior, status and appearance associated with having certain genitalia is a social construct that by no means has to be the way it is now, I'm fine.

This "person" is a tranny

calling them "little people" is insulting and demeaning, and "dwarves" is hilarious.

theyre called midgets.

Of course you don't want to discuss it, god forbid you actually engage in the dialectic. Being "right" is more important than the truth, isn't it?

You should have given her the name of someone in class you didn't like LOL.

Meh, I usually just refer to the ones I know by name.

That's pretty racist of her to assume that all whites are the same shade a a band-aid.

Agreed now the calitards are moving to colorado, easily identifiable by their hair and terrible driving, especially the inability to stop at crosswalks.

you know multiple midgets? do they live in a normal sized house?