In the end, is it their most influential album?

In the end, is it their most influential album?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WFQqAZBOwfQ
youtube.com/watch?v=UqyT8IEBkvY
youtube.com/watch?v=FdizL4on-Rc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Influential? No.
Their best? The argument could be made.

Disco

Homework son. Their meme album/Japanese music video was also a pretty big deal at the time.

I agree with this.

RAM is honestly a top ten for me

I'm cool with dancing if it means great music.

I think Discovery, in all honesty has the most influence, while RAM is the realization of their vision. Instead of writing music using samples, they actually play what they have wanted to hear the whole time.

ROYKSOPP

Did we really need Daft Punk to let us know that Disco can be modernized and classic R&B is still great? Bruno Mars would have stumbled on to it eventually.

>Influential? No.
but that's wrong:
see The wave of nu-80s-funk-pop
youtube.com/watch?v=WFQqAZBOwfQ
youtube.com/watch?v=UqyT8IEBkvY

you could argue it's because of vaporwave and future funk

floral shoppe came out in 2011
RAM came out in 2013

yes
Dislosure helped
It was a good year,

I hope their next album fixes rap instead of pop music again. I want to hear some dirty ass beats like Oh Yeah with actual lyrics over it.

>RAM
>Disclosur\
>CHVRCHES

It was a good year.

Fuck no.

If anything it just proved that they were hacks that struck gold as the stars and planets aligned when they made Discovery. The only redeemable tracks on RAM are Instant Crush, Get Lucky, Doin' It Right (although it could use some finishing touches), and Contact.

The whole album is cringe-worthingly cheesy though. Giorgio by Moroder? Talk about pompous garbage. If you have to put a fucking voiceover on a track you shouldn't be making a track at all. It's offensively tasteless.

Discovery > Homework > Human After All > RAM

Have a summer like that again.

youtube.com/watch?v=FdizL4on-Rc
Nah RAM, like Discovery is an album full songs with fully realized ideas. Most of Homework and Human After All feel like fodder to make live mixing easier. That certainly has it's place, but Homework and Human After Alls best contributions are to Alive 2007 where as Discovery and Ram feel like complete ideas and not legos to be stuck together.

How is this not insanely influential? All of this faux 80s funk arrived after Get Lucky destroyed the charts. They fucking redefined contemporary pop music AGAIN

as far as influence goes:

discovery (see: kanye, pretty much all entry level electronic rn) > haa (see: skrillex) > ram (see: get lucky and ensuing disco revival, although that would have happened regardless) > homework (some french house i guess)

managed to push most units yes
influential no

Correct. For better or worse.

aside from robot rock, human after all is underrated

immediately following that release we had that wave of ed banger era releases with synths run through distortion pedals

justice, surkin, teenage bad girl, digitalism etc.