How is it possible that there are FIVE number between ninety and ninety four? This doesn't even make any sense

How is it possible that there are FIVE number between ninety and ninety four? This doesn't even make any sense.

Mathematicians of Sup Forums, please, explain.

Specify your definition of "between".

le zer0

What is there to explain? It's the numbers from 90 to 94.

what about decimals? 90 91 92 93.35 94

93.35 is a different number than 93.36 for example

{90,91,92,93,94}
Okay so if you talk about inclusive then there are 5 numbers because it includes the two numbers 90 and 94 and everything between which is 91,92 and 93. That is 5 numbers. If you are exclusive then you exclude the 2 numbers making it only 3 numbers which are 91,92, and 93.
Its possible because you are talking about inclusive.

Then there are 500 numbers between 90 and 94? This is even more impressive.

Infinite* you can always add more decimals

Difference : 94 - 90 = 4
How many numbers : (94 - 90) +1 = 5

How many numbers "between" 1 and 2?
Answer : (2 - 1) + 1 = 2

this. math is sorcery

Why the fuck do you add a 1

Well, technically there are 3 whole numbers Between the two, since between implies a non-inclusive set of numbers, or (90,94). Whereas, the amount of whole numbers from 90 to 94 can be expressed as an inclusive set, or [90,94]. This means any whole number from 90 to 94 inclusive, so you can count 90 and 94 as numbers. This explains why there are 5 numbers. You aren't looking for a difference in value, but rather the amount of numbers in that set. Note that the notation I used technically means all real numbers between the two, but I did it just to make it simpler.

Because when you count the difference you only count steps. Make a draw. Each time you "jump" to the next number, it is counted as 1. But you don't count THE FIRST number. So must +1 at the end.

So how_many_numbers = difference + 1

Kek, saved.

Oh i see, you're retarded.

faggot

No, you stupid faggot. For example, when you start to walk or learning to walk you don't count your first step until you have taken it. And when you've taken a step you say it's your first one. You don't count the 0.

Until you have passed the first number (90) you haven't started yet.

Don't understand.

Anyway, 0 is a number. You can count it.

Between them, so not counting 90 and 94:

ninety, NINEty ONE, NINETY TWO, ninety THREE and ninety four.

MATH IS FOR FUCKING FAGGOTS
A
T
H

I
S

F
O
R

F
U
C