Any INTP's Here? Speak up Lads

Any INTP's Here? Speak up Lads.

Reporting in

How easy for you is it to engage in social situations with people you haven't met before?

I just moved out of the house recently, which has meant I'm forced to have a lot more social interaction than I'm used to. I'm learning to engage in conversations with strangers (small talk, jokes, and whatnot), it's been a bumpy road but I'm certainly improving

Reporting.

not op but it depends how intimidated i am by then. a bunch of ugly fat nerds? sure i'll be the life of the group. a bunch of successful intelligent, attractive people? you won't even notice i'm there

OP here. (also INTP)
I have similar issue when meeting people who i would view as 'idiots' for a lighter reference. So you're shy around other intelligent people when you yourself are probably more intelligent than them?

Does someone still believe in this quasi-Jungian nonsense?

To approach outright?
It's very stressful but what's helped me was to watch how people more versed in social dynamics typically respond to these situations and mimic them.

It will always take practice, and alcohol is courage juice.

it depends, i'm female (believe it or not, and no tits) so being surrounded by intelligent males, especially older, can be somewhat intimidating as you're seen as lesser

(OP)

Alcohol and some drugs do work but its better to do without them ;).

No Tits required, why not surround yourself with intelligent females?

INTP-T, dropping in.

i do haha, i'm currently in uni. i was just stating my experiences of discomfort

Hi, another INTP here. Socially retarded, but I manage to fake it most of the time.

(OP)

Didn't think i'd get so many well versed responses to this thread and now im overloaded thinking about how im gonna respond to some of them. (Over Thinking again...)

yo man

Uni eh? I couldn't stand the debt from that.

What's your prefered method? :)

INTJ reporting in. We're pretty similar. I work in a lab with a bunch of INTPs and I'm extrovert of the group. Any other context though and I come off as highly anti-social.

(OP)

I have a very good friend who's an INTJ and we debate many things and he also educates me somewhat. I find you guys are slightly more intelligent but need us to keep you in top shape ;).

I work in a building along with roughly 100 other employees, so lots of interactions each day. I do IT work here so I can usually just look busy and that gets me out of a lot of situations. After work, I usually only interact with my roommate and no one else if I can help it. If I've had a bit to drink I'm suddenly really sociable and everything just flows smoothly.

I find both to be quite intelligent. At least probably more than the other types. It's a different set of goals, though. I find INTPs like exploring ideas just because of curiosity of novelty. Meanwhile as an INTJ, I focus more on ideas that have potential to get results and work effectively. Different approaches, both have validity.

Any other INTP musicians here?

(OP)

I can relate to that for sure, alcohol kinda brings us out of our 'shells' so to speak.

How well do you work together in the working environment? is it quick ideas or is the thought tossed around the room for a while before being refined?

INTJ master race reporting in.

INTJ masterrace here! All you nerds can suck my superior dick. But not in public. I don't go out there.

(OP)

I'd love to spend time proving you wrong as you'd probably love to spend the time trying to object but let's keep this intellectual war for another time?

A mix. We're a cancer research lab dealing in RNA localization. The PI and I are INTJs, everyone else are INTPs. I prefer the more rapid fire discussion, as does my PI.

itt: a bunch of virgins

I've an INTP with high functioning autism, and mild tourettes, and I'll have you know I've slept with 47 women in my 31 years on this earth.

(OP)

Wow, seems legit. Unfortunately i was too bad at standardised testing to reach for that type of profession.

I also prefer a rapid fire discussion with my INTJ buddy but he soon tires for some reason :/

That's kind of interesting. I think of myself as an extrovert when it comes to discussion of ideas. I don't gain energy from socializing, but when it comes to science, philosophy, or politics, I find myself gaining energy. I was told once that I'm like a mental vampire. Perhaps you feel similarly.

(OP)

Same to some extent but first thinking intensely on the subject for a few mins, Same i would call it a thirst for knowledge, so perhaps we are along the same lines ;).