Bout to watch Ghost In The Shell

Bout to watch Ghost In The Shell

recommend me more anime kino please, friends.

Akira

Obligatory Ghibli post.

Anime can never be kino, child of imd/v/. Even the so-called "great" ones do not so much as graze the aesthetic and philosophical heights of cinema and literature. It's a trash genre made for East Asian teenagers and white manchildren with short attention spans.

If you don't watch Golgo 13 you're not a man and you're probably homosex as well

This

They literally made it just for people like you

Jon-Roh

kill yourself

Outlaw Star

This
It's so full of sick 80's cheese it's fantastic
Little silly that the creators are on the threshold between "Knowing how guns work" "Not knowing how guns work" but they still do a pretty good job.

i've heard only you can make an impossible dream possible

based patrician
we need more people like this here again

The first anime I ever saw. Still my favorite.

Implying when anime broke into the west it wasn't the very tippitytop of patrician taste you underage faggot.

Cat Soup

That's an unfortunate and close minded viewpoint
I'd watch movies with you despite that user

What are some Chinese cartoons with this aesthetic?

Perfect Blue, Paprika, Milenium Actress, Tokyo Godfathers, Metropolis, Jin Roh, Princess Mononoke, Angel's Egg, Mind Game, Sword Of The Stranger and Ninja Scroll.

Bobby's In Deep

>Jon Roh

Why are Sup Forumsedditors incapable of using /wsr/?

And where are the mods to delete this garbage?

Cream Lemon

>Tokyo Godfathers

You, I like you

I Love You user

I like you as well, anons.

There have already been some good suggestions but I haven't seen these listed yet

Macross Plus
Wings of Honneamise
Patlabor 1 & 2
Castle of Cogliostro

Let me explain to you about anime

There are several tiers of anime fan. WOAH TOTALLY DIFFERENT PEOPLE WITH DIFF OPINIONS MIND BLOWN

You have the casual Sup Forums anime watcher, who only watch what I term 'the newfag pool' and think they are the greatest anime ever, then call everything else shit. This group generally watches less than 15 series.

You have the casual anime forum watcher who watches a large range of absolute garbage, including the newfag pool and thinks it's all the greatest shit ever. This group generally watches less than 50 series

Finally, you have the actual anime fan. They watch a wide range of series and genres and generally enjoy the medium while understanding its flaws. They are generally unimpressed after the 100 series point regarding the newfag pool, as they have found better.

For reference, the newfag pool is generally as follows (series do get switched out as the old favorites get forgotten): NGE, Berserk, JoJo, SAO, Attack on Titan, any Kon movie, any GitS series or movie, any edgy 80s/90s gore OVA, Gundam SEED, Kenshin, FMA, Geass, Angel's Egg, Stein's Gate, Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, Planetes, TTGL, Kill la Kill, Death Note, Ping Pong

Basically anything Sup Forums likes, because Sup Forums has AWFUL taste in anime. A W F U L

holy shit this. they're literally just south korean film tier trash in cartoon form.

Marry me user

Fuck's sake Sup Forums either 13 year olds have ADD or they're aggressively enthusiastic fans of Miami Vice. You can't have it both ways. It doesn't make sense.

based patrician user. Episode 4 is a masterpiece

THIS is a better pasta, but I'm pretty sure it's been edited because it used to peak with moe but user probably got assblasted because he hasn't reached the peak yet.

Ghost in the Shell is some seriously overrated shit.

Because all the other entry level teens from /r/anime are here to jerk them off for their mediocre tastes

you've convinced me

I wonder how many anons are on who were actually around when GitS first came out.

>Edgy Contrarianism: The Post

2/5, at least it's not pasta

FLCL, Eva, Dead Leaves, Belladonna of Sadness, Gosenzosama Banbanzai, Wanwa the Doggy, Only Yesterday, Kaguya, My Neighbors the Yamadas, Ocean Waves, most Miyazaki, Angel's Egg, Ghost in the Shell, Gauche the Cellist, Patlabor 1 and 2, Jin-Roh, everything Satoshi Kon, Mind Game, Cat Soup, Happy Machine, Franken's Gears, Whisper of the Heart, Wings of Honneamise, Princess Arete, Magnetic Rose, Tamala 2010, Neo-Tokyo, Midori Shoujo Tsubaki, Akira, Redline, Digimon Pilot, Crayon Shin-chan: Adult Empire Strikes Back, Tsumiki no Ie

>ping pong
>newfag pool
nani?

It is pasta though. Guy who wrote pasta used caps, user posting pasta didn't.

I'm not the user who posted that. I think Outlaw Star is some really top-shelf stuff. It was made before digital animation so the colours are much nicer than what's being made now and they recently remastered it so if you have the HD space for it you can get it in amazing quality.

The show's got a cool future asian-pirates aesthetic going on with a good fleshed out cast, great use of colour, cool incidental music and a tone of general adventure that you don't really get out of must of the shit of this kind on tv.

That's a step above entry level but still not amazing
>Belladonna of Sadness
>not mentioning One Thousand and One Nights or Cleopatra
Fucking pleb poseur

If you use the word "contrarian," you're literally an idiot. It's an invented concept by idiots with reddit sensibilities who are too fragile to deal with criticism of mediocre media that has widespread appeal.

It's a troubling manifestation of millennials' mental weakness. Seriously, the only people who would even entertain any "argument" involving the concept of being "contrarian" are weak, lazy idiots who can't deal with criticism substantively.

If it bothers you that much that people criticize mediocre mass-marketed work designed to appeal to the lowest common denominator, like Star Wars, Breaking Bad, pop music, etc., you should find a safe bubble and stay there(Sup Forums). Or kill yourself.

> everyone who disagrees with me is mentally deficient.

I wonder how it feels to be so full of shit all the time.

Dude, chill
There's no need to be so mad

I agree with this sentiment. I've never seen an intelligent rebuttal of Armond White across dozens if not hundreds of Sup Forums posts shitting on him. It's always 'contrarian.'

>the guy complaining about contrarianism being called out on contrarianism
oh shit, now it's on

I am one of the purest distillations of patrician Sup Forums on this board and I say that animes are worthless video game imdb inflected pandering. Anybody who enjoys these cartoons is likely a video game player and has far less of a right to be here than me, someone who would kill for the cinema in a heartbeat.

I understand that, more often than not, I am throwing pearls before swine. But if I have set even just one person walking in the right direction, then I have done my duty. Sup Forums is in a dire state, but someday authenticity will reign supreme again. And on that day, I can rest and say: ''I put it all on the line. I did my part. And now we have won back our board.''

Yeah? Well here's a fucking protip for you, you mouthbreathing basement dweller.

I'm not that user.

> contrarianism.

I like to call it being skeptical.

Holy fuck, my sides

Believe me m8 you're not alone in trying to push back the Sup Forumseddit invasion.

But the mods aren't on our side.

>animes are worthless video game and imdb inflected pandering
anime existed before both of those things

>someone who would kill for the cinema in a heartbeat
You know what you have to do then user. Go kill JJ Abrams while wearing a Bane mask. Bonus points if you do via planejacking.

>authenticity will reign supreme again
>again
okay

Other user was obviously just putting a bit more effort than usual into his shitposting but here I'm no so sure. The thought of people who genuinely think like that posting on Sup Forums is scary.

They're both nothing compared to Belladonna which was great because of Mushi Productions collaboration (Hayashi). The Sensualist is probably closer to Belladonna actually.

Indie Anime recommendations: Wonder, Tensai Banpaku Opening, Yukidoke, Hand Soap, House of Flame, L'Oeil du Cyclone, Land, Spacy, Ghost, Thunder, Ki Renka, Futon, Maku, Coffee Break, Broken Down film, The Restaurant of Many Orders, The Magic Ballad, Muybridge's Strings, A Country Doctor, Feather Stare at the Dark, A Trilogy about Clouds, Kicking Rocks, Crazy for It, 0:08, Airy Me, In A Pig's Eye, Winter Days, Crayon Angel, Poker, Modern, For Nearly Forgotten Tales, The Rule of the Night, Michi, Atama Yama, Suisei, Midori-ko, Henkei Sakuhin Dai 1 Ban, The Breaking of Branches is Forbidden, To Shoot Without Shooting, Grim, Box, Drill, Wall, Photodiary, Scrap Diary, Odoroki Ban, Briar Rose, The Midnight Parasites

hola reddito

Classic Sup Forums
2015 reddit meme parasite

Do you have anything to say for those dozens of kinos you listed there beyond that they're good because of one fact you know about the production?

>Sup Forumsedditor trying to dismiss a heartfelt post like that with a stupid bane joke
Go back to Sup Forums

This is not your board

I agree that "Contrarian" as a condemnation of a person who disagrees with the condemner by accusing said person of not towing the majority opinion is a really strange development.

I disagree that anime is inherently worthless, since the definition is simply Japanese animation, and animation, like all artistic mediums, possesses potential.

> heartfelt.
Contrived Drama sits on the tongue like ash to those sufficiently mature in palate.

>this is not your board
I know that but it doesn't stop me from trying

Mirai Mizue - abstract animation masterpieces
Kei Oyama - body horror god, uses his own skin as texture.
Keita Kurosaka - body horror genius
Kihachiro Kawamoto - puppet master genius
Keichii Tanaami - good pop art
Takashi Ito - one of the greatest experimental film makers ever, plays with perception and time and our own very idea of dimensions
Masanobu Hiraoka - in his films, it's very fascinating to watch things morph, disintegrate and reassemble seamlessly. The motion of it all fills me with awe.
Koji Yamamura and Tadanari Okamoto are widely acclaimed and should be watched by all animation lovers.

ehhhh, all right, but the point I was trying to make was that you dismissed One Thousand and One Nights and Cleopatra in favour of Belladonna of Sadness without justifying your thinking.

My thinking was they weren't very good. Slapstick comedy and nowhere near as visually impressive as Belladonna. What did you like about them?

We can arrange something, user.

Take this shit to Sup Forums

Those are all at least good movies. What's your problem with them? That they're not some obscure garbage you mastrubate all over? Fuck off.

This thread belongs on Sup Forums

Sup Forums is garbage, even Sup Forums isn't as bad as that shit board. Also, aren't GITS and anime movies alike still movies?

entry level hardly means anything for anime.

Not according to Sup Forums, according to Sup Forums the only things that count as movies are cape shit and The Professional

>The its movies argument
Its Chinese cartoons.
Threads about Chinese cartoons belong on the board for Chinese cartoons.
This isn't hard.
If anything that's broadcast on Sup Forums is game, then maybe we should just discuss the Olympics and last nights football games here too. Butno we have/so/ for that. And Sup Forums for your teenaged masturbatory aids.

Well, it's better we have threads about good chinese cartoon movies then about capeshit.

This desu, Sup Forums hates good anime

Discussing anime on Sup Forums is impossible, everyone is a teenager who only likes ecchi harems and SoL moeshit + whatever the shitty LN adaptation action show of the season is

If you post anything that takes half a braincell to appreciate they have a meltdown and call you a fedora tipper and whatnot

No, it literally isn't.
Capeshit for all its flaws is the modern state of cinema.
Your Chinese wank material belongs on the board devoted to Chinese wank material.

thanks for the bump
inb4 saged

I know this is bait, but... End yourself.

>even Sup Forums doesn't want our shit
Find somewhere else then, not that I believe it for a second.

Yes, it literally is. It's better to have threads about Ghost In The Shell 1 or any other anime movie that was as inspirational as GITS then to have threads about capeshit. Stop being so butthurt, user.

Most of them on Sup Forums would call GITS pretentious garbage.

The fact that you use the term moeshit unironically is proof of your ignorance. You probably engage with all media in the most literalized way possible. You admire works with a more serious tone and seemingly deep themes in order to give yourself the image of maturity. You praise GITS and Satoshi Kon for all the wrong reasons due to your inability to recognize craft and technique behind the single defining aspect of the medium. You'd look at Daicon IV and think "this is just nerd references with some pretty animation" because you don't understand art just like every Sup Forumsedditor. You could never understand the passion behind Nichijou because of your failure to get past the premise.

Most moeblob anime are turds. Non Non Biyori is the only moeshit that seems tolerable to me.

This

You can always spot the plebeian MANIME loving Sup Forumsedditors with their use of the term "moeshit"