Is there any joy to life Sup Forums? I just turned 18 and I'm still in high school trying to do life right...

Is there any joy to life Sup Forums? I just turned 18 and I'm still in high school trying to do life right. I try to think I'm smart, I'm one of the only kids there in Algebra 2, but I don't see life going anywhere special for me. Do I pass go and swallow a lid of antidepressants and weight medication for my fatass tomorrow or should I see if we've made rope strong enough to hold elephants yet?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4q1dgn_C0AU
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intelligence
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Commit suicide. Depression can't be cured.

But don't take pills. You risk surviving and staying in a vegetative state.

It gets better, unless it gets worse. Then, it tends to get a lot worse, quick.

Lose some weight and don't fuck up your hands. You won't be 18 forever, and you won't realize how valuable youth is until you pretty much don't have it anymore.

Cheer up, kid. Go see a headshrinker. Have some tits.

Now that I bumped the thread, I'll give a detailed answer.

Life is shit, and especially if you have clinical depression. I regret not killing myself when it first started in high school. I thought that "things would get better with time"...

Nope.

They just get worse and worse. So I'll skip the useless talk, and fo straight to the point.

Pills are bad, because of fail rate.
Surprisingly, gun to head has a high fail rate.
Rope is good, even if you don't break neck. Hanging will block blood supply to brain, so you'll pass out before suffocating.
Heroine overdose looks painful, but you won't feel shit.
Get in hypoglecemia by fasting and doing exercise. Then inject insulin.
Caffeine pills (the ones bought online)
Helium tank doesn't work anymore, so forget it.
Hyperventilate for one minute, then put your head in wayer and stay there. You'll pass out before drowning, and won't feel any pain or lack of oxygen.

So that's what I've found after months of research.

I'll see you on the other side in a month or two, if you decide to go through.

just buy a gun and be done with it wheres the problem

Suicides by guns have one of the highest fail rates actually. People miss the good part of the brain, or the bullets ricochet inside the skull, without hitting the brain. You can find plenty of failed suicide pics of people with blasted off jaws.

just from one side of the brain, straight throught the thing where the two halfs are connected. try to survive that,

forget it, i dont want to give you ideas, after all.

You're still young,
find things you love and do them
Try your best
And yes, get fit. You'd be surprised how much your mood can improve when your body and brain are getting the exercise and nutrition they need.

The truth is, the whole world is basically against you. Well all of us.

The world is controlled by the super rich which manipulate the government and any authorities to their whim. If you aren't rich then you are a literal slave to the system. You HAVE to have a job to survive. If you dont you are swept to the kerb like a piece of garbage.

Most people dont know this, and even more will flat out deny this is our situation because of successful brainwashing through school and media.

You and everyone else feel like you have no direction, no purpose. And its a product of a horrible society run by selfish people.

Just find joy in the little things, the most important thing in your life are the people you care about.

I could go on forever but I wont.

Good luck

I went through 6 years of depression. It was bad. Tried to kill myself many times, could barely hold a basic conversation. Then I started putting actual effort towards bettering myself physically, mentally and socially, along with professional help. I enjoy my life now. If anyone tells you it gets better, they're bullshitting you. It's up to you to get yourself better

You sound like such a little bitch. You're 18 and you're complaining like some jaded 40 year old man. Attention seeking shitstain.

>HS & smart
>Algebra 2
Choose one faggot
Nigga I did that first year of jr high

>Is there any joy to life
oh yeah. except this ride does end

>Guys I've just managed to get to the last part of the first level, is this really all there is to this game?

>be me
>born into super rich family
>dad's a huge banker
>as i get older see people in media and music and shit talking about how common Americans are working their asses off towards someone else's dream
>see my dad come home from work every day
>tired, jaded, often gone for days at a time, when he's home he works from 8 to 8 most days
>just wants to give his kids the best future possible
>tfw you're born into everything
>you have nothing to work towards
>you'll never end up better than your parents
>everyone resents me because i was born rich(and i'm bad at interacting with people)
The little things are all anyone had even the super rich. I just hope that you realize you're working towards nobody's dream, then your life will get a whole lot easier

There is no other side you dumb faggot, enjoy your life while you have it because you only get one

Find a passion in life. I recommend technology since it is about to reshape our entire society

After high school, I went to doctors and was diagnosed with depression and several other things. I've been getting worse and worse ever since age of 16. I tried different antidepressants and none helped, some made me feel worse. After 8 years of suffering it was getting worse than ever, so I decided to try to get an opinion of another doctor. They did B12 and folic acid blood tests for me. Apparently I had extreme deficiency of them. Started taking medicine for that and after a month I felt so much better. I'm not okay yet, but I'm good compared to how I felt all these years. I'm not saying that why you feel bad, but you should try testing B12 and folic acid levels before killing yourself

Shit man, just get some pot and burn the next few years away.

kek used to see those commercials all the time in the morning before school

marijuana is a gateway drug. the gateway to my heart

Wow so cool
I went through a period of depression at uni, my cure was to start actually doing stuff which I know seems super hard. Sports, walking a pet or whatever. Hope it's gets better.

the more you know. the more you want to kys

>technology since it is about to reshape our entire society
politics too

Your family may be relatively rich, but not the rich i was talking about. These people own most of the world through corporations and debt.

Your dad probably works for one of them or for someone who works for them etc.

Happiness is found in emotional, physical and spiritual freedom, all of which have been taken away from most people.

It really is a viscous cycle designed to keep people down, and working for them.

People get depressed by this and dont know why. So they seek help at a doctor, who prescribes highly addictive drugs which dope you out and do absolutely nothing to treat the underlying cause.
Why? Because its a multi billion dollar a year industry. There is way more money in continued "treatment" then there ever will be in a cure.
Just another way to suck you dry and keep you in the system.

The medical industry, just like almost every industry, at the top, is owned by the same few people.

Wait, algebra 2 as a senior and you are one of the smart ones? Where are you from?

Of course there's joy in life.

Drugs are joy
Cumming inside pretty girls is joy
Watching people be dumb fucks (religious followers) is joy
WINNING is joy

Now, if your question was is their meaning to life, that would be a no. But, there is joy to fill the space between the void.

I'll agree that the medical industry is shitty but most of the fraudulent shit like that gets weeded put by the FDA. The cycle isn't designed to keep people down, it's designed to meet demand. The people at the top are no smarter or happier you and me. Collectively, no one individual holds very much power. My family has been in close connection with Billionaires at the top of the entertainment and gambling industry, CFOs and CEOs of large american banks and politicians who played key roles in the 2016 election. They're all normal people. Even boring people. They off themselves as much as we do. Your quick willingness to blame a system is what's keeping you down, it enables you to shift the blane away from yourself.

I can guarantee you're no older than 25

>Rope strong enough to hold elephants

You good user are right, but the point remains, joy evolves with you.

steel and chain not rope.

It won't last long nigga, hate to say it.

Get enough sleep every single night. Your brain doesn't work right when you don't sleep well; you won't be as intelligent, you won't be as happy, you won't have as much potential.

Exercise regularly.
Your brain doesn't work right when you don't exercise regularly; you won't be as intelligent, you won't be as happy, you won't have as much potential.

Since you're under the age of 25, you have a lot of neuroplasticity, or as some would call it: potential to become highly intelligent and knowledgeable.
Exercise your brain well, and keep yourself healthy, while you're still young, so you set yourself up for success, set yourself up to be the best you can be.

But it repeats when middle age comes around. Guys want to come inside pretty girls again instead of their dried up wives, drive fast cars and experience shit again.

Experience is only as credible as how it's interpreted.

is that how obama became president?

You might still be smart. I'm smart but I never do my work that takes more than 30 min. so I get bad grades

Stupid faggot get fit and then see if you still hate life, that's all you need to do.

To be honest with you, im perfectly happy in my mediocre 75k job. But that's because i take steps to try and make the best of it.
I just think depression is a symptom of a very sick society, and its becoming alarmingly wide spread.

Im not going to pretend like i know whats going on at the very top, but the individuals i am referring to probably have worth in the trillions.
I am fairly sure agencies like the FDA, DEA etc are corrupt as fuck. The simple fact is, pay anyone, including scientists enough money, and their "Research" will find whatever outcome you want them to find.
Just look up the whole leaded fuel conspiracy, just an example of what corporate pressure can do to scientific research.

Human beings crave spiritual enlightenment.
The thing is, this doesnt meld into a "productive" society.

Humans would be happy doing drugs and living in a tribal society like ancient civilizations all over the world.

Instead we are forced to live in disgusting, polluting cities, with horrible and cruel agricultural processes to keep us fed. And meanwhile, the media only tells you what the government wants you to hear.

I agree with you on several points, especially with how wide spread the depression issue is. Im sure it runs all the way to the top. And it's because you are right about this: no matter how much money you manage to make. It will never grant you happniess and it will never grant you spiritual freedom.

Im in the same position as you user, just join the military, makes you feel dignified and you get respect from people even tho you don't really do anything.

>and their "Research" will find whatever outcome you want them to find.
Except research is conducted by various other scientists, and all of that research is peer reviewed.

If the guy that gets paid gets one result, while the 500 other guys who did the experiment got the same exact answer which wasn't the answer that the guy who got paid got, then nothing, they've already proved his results were bullshit.

Not even that, with some peer revision, they could use applied logic to come to the conclusion that his research was bullshit, and you the 500 other scientists wouldn't be needed, except they're going to do it anyway, because they're fucking scientists.

>Humans would be happy doing drugs and living in a tribal society like ancient civilizations all over the world.
Drugs are bad, user.
People get addicted, they build up a tolerance and need more and more drugs, but they can't make enough money to do drugs, so they withdraw and can help themselves even less, or they get money the easy way through crime: stealing from others.

>Human beings crave spiritual enlightenment.
Don't bring spiritual bullshit into this.

Human beings crave happiness. You don't need money and you don't have to be very productive to find and synthesize happiness.
You don't need power, you don't need money, but a lot of people want this. People can get power and money if there is more productivity in society.
A shopping mall full of zen monks wouldn't be very profitable, because they don't want stuff enough.

youtube.com/watch?v=4q1dgn_C0AU

Nothing that happens in high school matters once you leave.

Your popularity doesn't matter
Your intelligence doesn't matter
The social interactions and friends you made don't matter

It all becomes meaningless once high school ends.
I made better/more friends in my first day at university in a new city than I did throughout my entire life in my town and in my school.
I'm still only really friends with 3 people from before i turned 18 and honestly life just keeps getting better and better as I get older. I also always thought I was extremely smart in school but now I realise there's a lot I still don't know. But the thing is eventually you realise that intelligence isn't everything.

Basically what i'm saying is you're only 18 and to try and judge what your life will be like based on your experiences up to this point is not a good idea. Nobody really knows what the fuck they are doing with their life but the people who are truly happy just learn to live with it. Just do what you enjoy doing and everything will turn out fine.

>Your intelligence doesn't matter
It really does, because it stays with you for your whole life, and if you don't take care of it, in time, it will slip away from you.

research mindfulness

Walk three miles a day and take a multivitamin. Oh, and eat less. Stop taking fucking mood pills you dumb piece of shit. 'I want to kill myself, I wonder if these pills that change how I feel have anything to do with it?'

For fucks sake calories in calories out, you lose weight. You aren't some special exemption to the laws of physics, you don't need fucking pills to kick the pounds. Stop playing video games while you're at it. Or just kill yourself like a pussy. If you decide to use chems use weed killer or draino. It'll hurt but it will actually work. Or you could just not kill yourself and actually give back to society what you've consumed by putting your education (that other people fucking paid for) to use. Maybe improve the world a little.

>I also always thought I was extremely smart in school but now I realise there's a lot I still don't know. But the thing is eventually you realise that intelligence isn't everything.
Knowledge ≠ Intelligence, faggot.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intelligence

>Maybe improve the world a little.
This.

Bro, just start dieting, then join the airforce

i mean this is an example of how absolutely fucking unnecessary it is to have certain pieces of knowledge. Well done, you corrected the semantics of my post. But it's completely irrelevant to the point I was trying to get across. There are so much more important things in life.

if your gonna kys try shit out first. do heroin and shit like that fuck some hookers kill a pedophile. Go out with a bang

I don't think that's true. There's no ensuring that you will always be the most intelligent person or every an above average intelligence person. That's why I don't think it is a good idea to place such high value on your intelligence. It goes for any human trait. A person is so much more than that, if you place that much value on that aspect of yourself, you're setting yourself up for disappointment.

Thank you for showing your lack of intelligence, as well as your lack of knowledge.
Furthermore, thank you for showing how your lack of knowledge and intelligence has led you to delusion.
You're delusional.
I'm sure hope that you have children and spread your genes of bad intelligence and delusion, because we definitely head more uneducated shitheads running around doing things on this planet, fucking up all up.

>I don't think that's true.
I don't think you understood my post.

Well i'm sure your knowledge of the difference between knowledge and intelligence gets you laid all the time and i'm sure you are very happy

Thank you for showing your lack of intelligence, as well as your lack of knowledge.
Furthermore, thank you for showing how your lack of knowledge and intelligence has led you to delusion.
You're delusional.
I'm sure hope that you have children and spread your genes of bad intelligence and spread your delusion unto them, because we definitely head more uneducated shitheads running around doing shit on this planet, fucking it up.

>implies someone else is stupid
>can barely wrangle a sentence together to do so
kek

>18
>in Algebra II

Place a shotgun barrel in your mouth and off yourself, you degenerate retard

I think i did, i just don't agree with you

I used applied knowledge and intelligence to get laid in high school.
Now, I think that getting laid is a self indulgent, overrated, primitive waste of time.

I'm not happy, but I find happiness where a majority of people fail to find it.
I find peace where people find negative emotion.
I repel unhappiness, and I cast it down, for knowledge is my shield, and intelligence is my weapon.

I use to be a drug doing, sex having, self indulgent little shithead, I'm happy that I'm not like that anymore.

Frankly I'd prefer more of the other guy to you. At least he seems to want to better the world, not just arbitrarily measure capabilities. I'd argue that there are far better metrics to measure the worth of a man than knowledge or intelligence and your autistic obsession with them is childish.

>implying

Wow look at this internet tough guy folks. Why don't you tell me about how you could have all of the hot girls like chad if you cared to have them? Or do you want to just indulge in some autistic screeching?

okay i'm dropping this discussion now because you are either trolling me or you are autistic

I'll try to explain things to you, then, you stupid ass mother fucker.

>There's no ensuring that you will always be the most intelligent person or every an above average intelligence person.
I said that intelligence matters, bitch brains.
I did not say anything about one's intelligence relating to other's.

>That's why I don't think it is a good idea to place such high value on your intelligence.
Hey, fucking bullshit for brains, I fucking said that I don't fucking think that it's a mother fucking good idea to place a high value one having intelligence over fucking other mother fucking people, shit brains.

>A person is so much more than that
I don't think that someone should base their identity and self worth on their intelligence, you unintelligent fuck.

>At least he seems to want to better the world, not just arbitrarily measure capabilities. I'd argue that there are far better metrics to measure the worth of a man than knowledge or intelligence and your autistic obsession with them is childish.
Ignorance and delusion, or shitposting, I don't really care either way.

is there any joy in life? youre 18? no.
im 26

Geez user. I live in the middle of goddamn Mississippi and I had Algebra 2 in my freshman year.

Is there really a place more retarded than where I live?

Yeah, even a stuttering retard can see how much of a degenerate OP is...

Well then if you really believed all that I don't understand the purpose of your initial response anyway. Was it not clear the point I was trying to get across in my initial post? Did you intentionally misinterpret what I said or did you genuinely not understand, then get autisically mad and attempt damage control when I then try to re-explain myself

Besides the applied psychology, it was easy as fuck to get laid because I was born to be quite handsome. Besides being handsome, I was also musically talented, and other's perceived my passion, skill, and intelligence.
A guy with hobbies and interests, a guy who's knowledgeable, a guy who's intelligent, a guy who's athletic, a cute boy, those are sexy to high school girls, generally speaking, and I was all of those things. I was not, however, a chad.

I'm 23 and I'm on the verge of killing myself because life has no meamine6and we were born to just die. And nothing happens when youndie. It's just black. So hats the point of staying alive? To work 10 -13 hour days in a box Monday through friday? What kind of life is this? I didn't fucking ask to be born. I wish I was fucking dead but I'm to fucking scared to pull the fucking trigger.

the faggotry truly is magical with its outreach

Please, continue. This is great.

gr8 b8 m8

>18
>Algebra 2
Wtf?
I had already graduated by 17 and finished Calc
Ever think there's no one in your algebra 2 class cuz you're taking 10th grade math at 18

Life does suck almost 99% of the time thats why you gotta enjoy that 1% thats enjoyable. Drugs are a quick fix to happiness and will make u loss weight insanely fast but make it worse in the end

the only joy in life is the joy of children getting shot at school

Some studies have shown that when looking for a partner, women prefer traits like: sincerity, humor, fun, and sexual satisfaction.

as an outsider looking in on this shitshow, i'd say the latter half rings true

Some studies have shown that you're literally a faggot.

You've really sort of proved my point though. I said you shouldn't place such high value on your intelligence and when I implied you weren't that smart or that I don't agree with you, you get UNREASONABLY mad. See that's what happens when you care about shit that doesn't matter.

18 and in Algebra 2? How the fuck does your school do math classes?

Genes want to spread, humans want to fuck, humans want to fuck with humans who are likely to create offspring who are more likely to fuck.
To fuck, humans need to survive.
Humans who were intelligent, knowledgeable, and physically fit, tended to survive more.
Humans who survived more tended to have more power and resources.

Indicators of intelligence, knowledge, and physical fitness, evolved to become sexy, generally speaking, anyway.

That's how one of the theories goes, anyway.

u 2

>still going

>still mad

>implying

Do you even remember what your point was? I mean if this isn't an act good luck man. Just, fuck, good luck.

Cite sources pls

kk bb wan sum fuk?

>thinks he is smart
>is only in algebra 2 as a senior
Think again brainlet, you should be in atleast calculus ab by now

his amount of keks grew by 3 sizes that night in hooville

Yes.

You have to work for even beginning to think of the possibility of it, bitch!

i know that made sense in your head when you were typing it, but do you wanna take another swing at it?

Too bad. It's happening now. I can't stop it. We're going to have a good time. Tonight, you.