Reminder that the director wanted to make this a war movie...

Reminder that the director wanted to make this a war movie, but the jews at Disney said no and made him do reshoots and rewrites to make the movie more marketable to kids and marvel audiences.

Don't get your hopes up, boys. We've suffered enough heartbreaks this year.

>Reminder that the director wanted to make this a war movie,
That's how Disney themselves pitched it at their gay expo those years ago anyhow. Those fags directly compared it to Black Hawk Down and SPR or some such

Yeah I remember it was supposed to be the gritty and have a somber tone as it looks at the soldiers of the rebellion that are destined for death, but nah it's gonna be some fuckin capeshit

The teaser itself looked more like that of a Marvel flick, it was a pain to watch.

But shot much better than marvel flick

I'm pretty sure Kathleen Kennedy was the first person to say it was going to be a Band of Brothers esque war movie.
At the end of the day, it's Star Wars and it's Disney. It was always going to be marketable and intended for children, so don't act like it was never going to be a hard R, gritty war drama.

Saw the teaser for the first time today and I'm intrigued.

Disney may not take risks but their movies are usually pretty entertaining.

>tfw we will never get a rated-r saving private ryan-esque film about the rebels fighting the empire.
>tfw its gonna be filled with le epik quips

*ever going to be

Star Wars is dead. This movie once again has a female lead. Enough.

What's wrong with a female lead?

>What is Alien

Female leads aren't bad user as long as they're white! [Spoiler]

Haha yea marvel films SUCK!

I'm countercultural now. Yay we did it reddit!

> female lead
Yeah, that's not enough to make me not see a movie.

star wars movies are for children
if you want a war movie then watch a fucking war movie. leave star wars to kids

Why do we need another Death Star?

Also, the movie looks mediocre, it's a shame they didn't let him make a solid war movie.

And Darth Vader will be in the movie, because fan service. Bravo, Disney!

The second trailer is much better than the first, I think the reshoots worked.

That said, I was fooled by the SS trailer too, so fuck me

dont reply to this post

Like what? The latest masterpiece from the lovingly incompetent Nolan? In our lifetimes WW2 is much more stale than Star Wars can ever be, kiddo.

What did you think of the scene where the shadowtrooper steps on a rebel mine?

I thought the torso separation and subsequent decapitation was a bit too grim for Star Wars but well it is 2016 after all.

Are you retarded?

I'm sick of capitalism and the ruthless pursuit of financial benefit. Fuck North America most specifically.

Why are movies for the sake of making something wonderful becoming ever rarer?

This could have been good, instead the goal is how many fucking happy meal toys it can generate.

Star wars is has been and always be for kids. It's a PG-13 rated franchise. You want hardcore war movie, go make a Nam rehash. Disney bought the IP for several billion dollars. They are right to protect their investment by not alienating parents.

Whats heart breaks?

Why do jews hate nationalism except when it's for themselves?

excellent, I'm glad you're thinking this way!

>Don't get your hopes up, boys.
Why do you assume my hopes were ever up?

Fuck yes, alternative right-wing lifestyles for the win FTW am I right????? Woohooooooo

You really are reddit.

I haven't had my hopes up since Disney bought the IP in the first place.

I expected nothing from TFA and was still disappointed, and my only hope was "at least we might get some interesting spin-off films that don't trample through a new trilogy like TFA is trying to"

And then I realised that spin off films were just going to be Disney™'s STAR WARS™ Cinematic Universe™

Star Wars isn't good.

I don't like Star Wars at all and thought the trailer looked cool

the pilot's silhouette is comically small

I see the disney marketers are still using the same tactic.

What if what Edwards showed Disney sucked? This is the guy who made Godzilla 2014, a good looking but pretty soulless movie with shit tier human characters.

>Reminder that the director wanted to make this a war movie but the jews at Disney said no and made him do reshoots and rewrites to make the movie more marketable to kids and marvel audiences

Good, Godzilla 2014 was a snoozefest so if they can do anything to make this more entertaining then all the better.

>directly compared it to Black Hawk Down and SPR or some such

well I'm glad they changed because that's a fucking awful idea

KEK

10-FT TALL R2-D2 BEHIND HIM