Which movie should I watch, anons?

Which movie should I watch, anons?

A Brighter Summer Day

The Best Of Youth

>Click on the movies to watch.txt
>Stare at it for a few minutes
>Contemplate your life
>wonder why you waste your time watching god awful movies

Why you gotta disparage my taste, senpai?

Hard To Be A God, Cemetery of Splendor, A Brighter Summer Day, Lawrence of Arabia, The Best Of Youth and Anomalisa are the best ones on the list. There's also a bunch of terrible shit you got there buddy. Why even bother downloading if you know you won't like them? Or you do expect to like them, in which case, huh.

Which ones do you consider terrible?

Tropic Thunder is the best movie you have

To name a few, The Theory of Everything, The Hallow, The Bank Job, Scent of a Woman, Midnight Special, Mojave, Hail, Caesar!, In The Heart Of The Sea, Kill Your Friends, Black Mass.
The thing with most of them is that you can even tell they're gonna be bad from their trailers.

Also to add to my previous post, Guy Maddin's The Forbidden Room is also pretty great. Didn't see it the first time. The rest I haven't seen or are mediocre. Carol is pretty good too, I guess, but it didn't blow me away.

>VLC default player

kys

I wouldn't say any of those are terrible; I imagine you're exaggerating. Regardless, I don't have to be blown away by a movie or acknowledge it as a cornerstone of cinema in order to enjoy it.

Nice meme.

Thanks, guys. I'll go with one of these.

>thanks yify!

>he think's vlc isn't the best video player

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

>I don't have to be blown away by a movie or acknowledge it as a cornerstone of cinema in order to enjoy it

I don't get that mentality. Why watch something you know is going to be mediocre or bad, when there's thousands of masterpieces out there?
And personally I do consider some of those to be terrible, but I guess to each his own (taste).

The Internship

You were dumb enough to download it, so you deserve to sit through it.

>Stare at watchlist
>30 minutes later pick a movie
>Movie begins
>Pause it, go get a drink
>Come back
>Immediately exit the movie

Why do you keep assuming I know it's going to be mediocre/bad for a certainty? Yes, The Phenom isn't going to be amazing relative to something by Dreyer or Kubrick, but that doesn't mean it can't be enjoyed on its own merits.

And yes, it does come down to taste.

But it's the director's cut!

Yeah well sorry for assuming that you could tell when films like The Theory Of Everything are going to be cheesy, manipulative oscar baits from the get-go, or that you wouldn't want to waste your time on bad corporate bullshit excuses for movies.
Dunno, I just find it bizarre how you have those incredibly niche gems like Hard To Be A God and Cemetery of Splendor on there with the rest, which mostly consists of teen flicks. Usually when you get to that level, you pretty much stop watching most mainstream stuff because it's almost always underwhelming.

I think we can agree this is a useless discussion. As you said, to each his own. No one's forcing you to watch movies you don't think you'll like, so you shouldn't feel compelled to push your opinion this hard on to others, either, as far as delineating the divide between your definition of good and bad movies.

With that said, I really to want to emphasize that I love the fact people like you are still around on Sup Forums. I'm always happy to discuss the more obscure stuff, but the threads tend to die rather quickly.

Half Nelson
Anomalisa
H8ful 8

Bridge to Terabithia

Holy shit, user! I want to believe you recognize me, but maybe you meme all the OPs who ask for recs.

It's been a while. Still can't make your mind up?

I like receiving input from you lads.

Do you have a suggestion?

Fair enough, I didn't say you can't enjoy whatever you want. It's just that, like I said before, some films are very obviously bad from even before watching the trailer, so giving them a fair chance seems pointless. But if for example a director who's made great stuff in the past now released something that looks questionable, then I think it's fair to at least consider watching it, because you never really know.

Have you enjoyed any major releases in the last few years? The Revenant probably tops my list.

Which episode should I watch fellow bros?

Watched

Honestly I didn't find The Revenant that impressive. It's obviously not as bad as people say it is, but it felt somewhat shallow, like some bargain-bin Terrence Malick. The plot didn't have much going on for it apart from Leo's survival, so they obviously felt like the movie needed more "meat", and thus added in the subplots about the other people and his dead wife, which felt too forced and surface level to me. I think I would have liked it better if it was just 2 hours of him alone trying to survive.
I'm comparing it to Malick's works because of the central themes regarding man and nature, and also of course Lubezki's camera work, which was obviously fantastic. It's just that Malick does the same thing, only much better, and doesn't care about big money to include pointless stuff. His films are pure emotion and beauty compared to the emptiness of The Revenant, and on top of that they're multi-layered to shit. It also feels weird how Lubezki worked on a very similar (and much better imo) film years before, The New World.
Also a lot of people seem to think that Malick too relies on Lubezki's cameras to make his films, just like Inarritu, but I think it's pretty obvious that Lubezki used Malick's style to adapt his own (notice how he evolved from The New World to The Tree Of Life).
Funny, because I think it worked really well in Birdman, which I liked a lot. The floaty camera fit in really well with the flow of the movie.

As for my recent favorites, I'd say Knight of Cups (gee who would have thought), Son of Saul and Anomalisa, especially the latter 2, mostly for their creativity. The way Son of Saul deals with a focused perspective and showing/hiding stuff from the viewer is genius, and so is the pointlessness and banality of Anomalisa.

Delete your hard drive.

>he think's vlc is the best video player

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Hard to be a god

You're a pleb if you don't understand the dialogue

Midnight Special was unbelievable utter shit, but i am a pleb

Decent premise, underwhelming payoff. The acting was a highlight, though.