In heavy trucks when coming to a redlight or stop sign how do you down shift through all 8 gears...

In heavy trucks when coming to a redlight or stop sign how do you down shift through all 8 gears? ive read some people say to downshift to 5th and pop it to neutral and then just hold the brakes. but how would a road test expect you to do it? are ypu supposed to saty in gear even at a lobg redlight? wont holding the clutch all the way in damage it especially for that long?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ftV2HeKPeBM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Try using your penis.

Engine brakes, engine brakes everywhere

Use your penis as an engine brake.

Get an automatic one.

An automatic penis.

how do normal cars shift through 6 gears?

Something something penis.

automatically because this is the year 2017.

Driving a car, I usually just put it in neutral and brake. Come to a stop, clutch, shift into first, and then hold the clutch and brake until the light changes.
You're not gonna damage the clutch by holding it all the way in. It's totally disengaged in that state.

The way most idiots ruin their clutches is by holding them partially engaged for long periods.

Automatic is for fags

Shift to neutral, foot off clutch, hold brakes. Hold brakes while stopped until you need to go, then shift and go. Kind of sucks on hills

well in a 10 speed... if you're in 10th you probably on the highway or doing at least 50 mph so, if you're on a road with lights you gotta be careful or you gonna end up flying through a light if it turns. But generally for around towns and shit, if engine breaks are not allowed, you simply pop out of gear (floating or using the clutch whatever) at 1000rpm then rev up, without the clutch depressed, to 1500 and put it in the next gear down, or rev up to 2000 and put it two gears down. easy peasy.

nope. manual is these days.

>It's totally disengaged in that state.
It should be but if your pedal isn't adjusted correctly you can cause wear.

Lmao, learn to drive asshat

Why do all that extra work?

Entertaining

engine brake, shift through all gears until you know what the truck can do, then MAYBE you can skip a gear or two. and remember rpm match to downshift. and yes leave the truck in gear if the redlight is gonna change soon otherwise you might not get through the intersection in time.

HOW DO I STOP IT LMAO
youtube.com/watch?v=ftV2HeKPeBM

I took my road test in a 10 speed, but I was told if you have time, shift down to and stop in 5th, once you've stopped put it in 3rd and hold the clutch+brake. For whatever reason if we stayed in neutral any longer than necessary we automatically failed. The only time the truck was allowed to be in neutral was at a complete stop with the parking brakes applied. However the instructor also told us if we have to stop somewhat suddenly due to traffic or maybe a traffic light changing and we don't think we have time for the downshifting maneuvers, just come to a stop in whatever gear we were in at the time and drop to 3rd after stopping.

Entertain my penis.

I know how to drive a manual. theyre for fags and poor people. automatic is faster and easier here in the future..

This. Manual car master race.
>Why do something when I can have the machine do it for me?
Cars these days come with backup cameras and lane detectors ffs.

I'm okay with modern dual-clutches. Real manual > classic slushbox though.

Newer cars tend to have poorer rear visibility.

only douchebag "im such a man, you guys, here is my man-vehicle" faggots see anything good about a manual these days.

Then why buy a car with poor rear visibility?
>Inb4 that's all they make now

and they also tend to have cameras and radar sensors to do the looking for you.

thanks man

did you have to hold tge clutch like you were shifting (afew inches down) or hold it all the way down to engage the clutch brake? i mean when at a redlight

seriously thanks i really want to learn to drive a truck since ive been working changing air brakes and stuff

They want you to down shift thru all gears op. I have 13 years tractor trailer experience and putting it in neutral and coasting is whats known as " free rolling" and that means out of control.

Care to share some of favorite memories of lot lizards?

then at redlights do they expect you to stay in gear? if so what gear and doesnt holding the clutch in mess it up? and if you are at a stop like that and youre supposed to hold the clutch in is it the way youd shift with just a fewninches pushed in or all the way against the clutch brake?

thank you

Never used em man. Didnt want the hiv ya know.

What is this vehicle?

dont you have a teacher to answer your questions? or are you too autistic to ask in person.

Well experience says it all comes down to the terrain. Obviously on a hill you want to have the clutch engaged just a touch to prevent rolling backwards. Flat ground its all up to you, youre the captain of the ship driver.

i dont own a truck i just work around them and shit and really have been interested in learnibg how to drive one

and the times ive road with someone they never used the clutch

>What is the throwout bearing
You'll wear it out prematurely by doing that

Yes you will...
See

But i do have a good one thats pretty fucked up...here goes.
> be me
>sitting in dallas texas at fkying j
> see hooker walking around
> comes to my truck asks if i want sex
>nope the fuck outta that
> guy next to me does the same
> she comes back around 3 seperate times
>guy next to me has had enough
> tells her hang on 1 minute
> grabs piss jug
> dumps all over hoe and tells her to fuck off
Thats the tale of ol pissy mcpisser the legend.

Not even once?
All those long, lonely nights in the truck stops..

That familiar knock on your side door must have tempted you..

My 5-ton has a 5-speed Allison Automatic transmission.
It is so nice to be able to drive something that weighs 5x my sedan with the same ease.

No man, i never wasted my money on hookers i was more into chrome and big billy big rig radiossssss

RT-2PM2

Normally she charges for that I bet.
He got it for free.

Took my wife with me for a year or so and she beat the shit out of a hooker one time. Bitch tried to approach me while i was doing a pretrip and my wife come out and started throwin down on her skank ass..then we left.

i got sent home from Schneider for not knowing how to downshift, and they gave me one day to learn it, and I didn't learn fast enough I guess.

My CDL school was shit.

What did you two talk about on the road?

This.. A good driver can drive with no brakes

There is a throw-out bearing that engages whenever the clutch pedal is engaged. This less wear to slide tranny in to neutral and let clutch out at red lights.