youtube.com/watch?v=vmi3OY7cQfA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>european
while the movie is about military/industrial/security US business
in which a dane is playing

nice try KBI

Nah I'll probably get v& if I post ISIS recruitment material

test

American here, European cinema is pathetic edgy nu-male garbage.

Pure polish kino

youtube.com/watch?v=TuOVNMW0P2c

PERKELE

Kino

Assburger man also produced the highest quality comedy-kino.

youtube.com/watch?v=NKOOlaLjHc8

A great Finnish writer Väinö Linna wrote two great books, 'Täällä Pohjantähden alla' (Under the North Star) and "Tuntematon Sotilas" (The Unknown Soldier)

Edvin Laine's "Täällä Pohjantähden alla" adaptation from 1968 is fantastic.
Edvin Laine also adapted 'Tuntematon Sotilas' but another director - Rauni Mollberg - later made a new adaptation (1985) which is wonderful.

I'd say all three films are pretty good watches, and give some insight to our country's history.

Rauni Mollberg also adapted Timo K. Mukka's 'Maa on syntinen laulu' novel (The Earth is a sinful song) to film. The film takes place post-war Pello and well, it's worth its name, very lewd film full of sinners doing sin.

There are two great Finnish war films - TUS is one of them and 'Talvisota' (The Winter War) is another one.

Parikka (the director of The Winter War) also directed film in pic related (Pohjanmaa).

And another great film based on Finnish Lappi is this, 'Valkoinen Peura' (The White Reindeer). Mostly music and images, with little dialogue, it's a story about love of a witch.

Not being pretentious. I watched the movie because I'm a big fan of the STALKER pc games and wanted to see where the influence came from. Was pretty cool although not everyone will like it, excellent Soviet era cinema though. Haven't read Roadside Panic yet.

And since I'm killing the thread, this will be the last post.

A very miserable insight to a mindset of Finnish cop killer called 'Kahdeksan surmanluotia', and when I say it's miserable I mean it.

It is a 4 part miniseries that was later cut to a film. You'll want the miniseries, as it is longer.

The cop killer watched the film in jail and was taken back how well it managed to capture the life in the small town and his own mindset.

Few recommendations:
>Jäniksen vuosi (1977, Risto Jarva)
>Sensuela (1973, Teuvo Tulio)
>Paha maa (2005, Aku Louhimies)
>Komisario Palmun erehdys (1960)

Modern Finnish cinema is just cashgrab comedy baits, not worth watching outside select few films and Aki Kaurismäki. Some directors who've made shorts in VIMEO/Youtube are far better than what you can see in our corrupted theaters.

>Its a Finns ruin another thread episode

fun movie, I keep forgetting Marion Cotillard is in this movie

At least I tried elaborating a bit despite being turbo autistic instead of just posting posters and not saying anything ;_;

The only non depressing succesful movie my country ever made. What is it with european kino that it always has to be so sad and depressing. Why does no european director ever try to make a LOTR or just a simple enjoyable action movie that isn't pure trash.

Give me some good czech or polish kino lads

>European director ever try to make LOTR:
Don't worry comrade, a soviet+Finn collaboration kino will save you!

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sampo_(film)

youtube.com/watch?v=vW4C-UZyb6s

thanks maat i'll check this out tonight

>Ex Drummer

Probably our most disgusting movie. Three social outcasts (r9k tier people) start a band and shit goes down.

There's sodomy, racism, kids eating poop. I don't know what's wrong with our country and their affinity for depression inducing movies.

youtube.com/watch?v=RZGdRF_dmpM

>european movie
>everyone is a depressed alcoholic drug addict that gets tortured/murdered/raped/domestically-abused

If Drive was directed by a European, the protag would be chased by the kgb for smuggling cigarettes and his gf would have a miscarriage

based movie

>If Drive was directed by a European
wew lad

It's true lad
t.estonia

NWR is Danish, what are you talking about?

Every goddamn thread on this goddamn website, someone posts something utterly retarded purely to get replies.

It's like clockwork, I swear.

Lewd?...the opening scenes was one of the most disgusting things I've ever seen, this movie made me feel horrible and completely depressed.
The incestuous father rips a real cow fetus, piece by piece, from a real cow's vagina.

It was quite good.

Why now, it was a great love song to sin! L

Though it did cause a ruckus back in the day when it was released due to not really capturing 'the beauty of' Mukka's novel, but I always loved adaptations that had spark of their own instead of 1:1 adaptation.

>tfw Mukka was your relative.
>tfw your family is from Pello.

BUMP.

Question to any Polish anons here:

youtube.com/watch?v=HFf5BGNpnJ0

I recently watched On The Silver Globe (Na srebrnym globie) from Andrzej Żuławski. I loved the cinematography and the set design. But I couldn't fully enjoy it because I didn't understand what was being said. I watched it with english subs but the dialog seemed so edgy and wishy washy that nothing made sense. After a while I just got annoyed by the actors because they breathed in very heavily and then screamed their dialog in a painful manner.

Which I consider a shame because this movie looks amazing and feels amazing (sometimes a bit too dark and depressing imo). But the dialogue seemed like it was written by some edgy teenager who just read Nietzsche and Camus.

So to recapitulate: is the dialog supposed to be so vague and difficult to understand or is it because the subs of my copy were badly translated?

Brother and Brother 2.

Polish user here
I think you have shity subs lad
Also watch Short Movie About Love by Kieślowski

What's some European sci-fi?

Solaris is nice

Nuri bilge ceylan is european born btw i know not exactly counts but bumping

Any anons know the movie title about german PoWs who must defuse mines after war ended? I think it was set in Denmark

>Turks
>European
Evine git Mehmet, lütfen :^)

sorry there aren't enough bbc's for you. im sure it's the same for most americans.

Whatever mate

Superior Roach kino

Trollhunter
kinda scifi

Doğum: 26 Ocak 1959 (57 yaşında), Bakırköy, İstanbul

Türkiye sınırları içersinde sonuçta. Just saying.

Thanks i'll check it out

Los Cronocrímenes is some light sci-fi, it involves a time machine.

youtube.com/watch?v=vmi3OY7cQfA

What are some Lovecraftian inspired European movies/tv series?

Says the guy who's country produces the most cancerous unfunny flicks and shitty superhero movies in the world. Off yourself.

>On The Silver Globe [1988] - Zulawski
>The Third Part Of The Night [1971] - Zulawski
>Ashes And Diamonds [1958] - Wajda

>Daisies [1966] - Chytilova
>Diamonds Of The Night [1964] - Nemec
>A Report On The Party And The Guests [1966] - Nemec
>The Cremator [1969] - Herz

Daisies and On The Silver Globe are my two personal faves of those

This is a must see
Also Pic related, but I doubt non-French speakers will understand

The first person shootout in brother 2 is fucking amazing.

You forgot Marketa Lazaravo

How come eastern Europe got so many great films?

(i'm western myself)

Also

Just watched this yesterday.. Haven't really seen anyone on Sup Forums talk about it (then again I don't lurk here often).

Completely cold watched it and thought it was pretty cool with the entire thing being a one take shot

Haven't seen it

uibasf

Why does Europe only think in singular?

>tfw Samy is now basically the french equivalent of Brendan

Greatest animated movie ever

and fuck The Iron Giant it's trash compared to this

Vlacil is great in general
People tend to forget that he made a remarkably accurate and detailed medieval trilogy with Devil's Trap, Marketa Lazarova and Valley of the Bees

She shows her cute hairy pussy in it, how can you forget that

i'm french and i've never understood why is it so praised

I think it gets a lot of praise around Brussels and Wallonia because now they have their own good/decent comedy film with great one liners and stuff.

France saves kino once again

>le
hello ͏reddit

good post

Where's his katana?

the fedora is its sheathe

More importantly, lets reset the score.