Is Bay the ultimate plebfilter?

Is Bay the ultimate plebfilter?

I'm going to say... yes.

The only bad movies he's made are the Transformers sequels.

>inb4 Pearl Harbor

If Pearl Harbor had a different cast, it'd be considered a masterpiece.

He's fine when producing.

The Last Ship and Black Sails are enjoyable.

As in, you're a pleb if you DON'T like his movies?

Black sails is amazing. I didn't know he worked on it.

no

>If Pearl Harbor had a different cast, it'd be considered a masterpiece.
you must be fucking joking
the cast is one of a dozen problems wrong with pearl harbour
insisting otherwise is literally contrarian bullshit

>I didn't know he worked on it.
He had nothing to do with it, it's just his name in the production credits because he helped greenlight it

I don't get why he gets so much hate.

Sure, his movies are terrible, but it's intentional. He's stated that he makes movies for teenage boys.

If you watch them, thats you're failure, not his.

He's probably one of the few directors who admits to making movies for people to just mindlessly enjoy.

I love him.

Also Pain & Gain is Kino.

What about TMNT?

It's critically disappointing but I managed to enjoy the first one's latter half.

Bay > Tarantino

Benghazi was enjoyable too, wouldn't even know he did it given how seriously he did it.

If u like 2 hour commercials for the military

Kinda thought that if he's producing, it meant that he was a pyrotechnics consultant

Funny enough, AoE was a headache to watch given that I liked the first and third. Fourth one didn't have the US army but did feature John Goodman bot with a soldier aesthetic. Wish they never had three plots for that, or the over-extended family intro.

>doesn't understand what a plebfliter is

All I remember about Pearl Harbor is that it was boring as fuck. If I give it another chance is there anything to appreciate other than well realised explosions?

>his movies are terrible
He's one of if not the most technically competent director in Hollywood. I spent most of my teenage years hating Bay's work but I like him more and more as I get older. Pain & Gain was too smart for most adults, let alone teenagers. I think that the 'teenage boys' comment was his way of saying that he knows he makes shit. If you were to say Pain & Gain is for teenage boys I suspect he'd be genuinely hurt. He is capable of caring whenever he's able to pry off the evil grip off Hollywood for a couple of months to film something good.

Is P&G worth a watch if I'm not into /fit/? What kind of movie is it anyway?

Pain & Gain isn't about bodybuilding. Their /fit/ lifestyle is viewed as narcissism and meatheadedness more than anything else. The protagonists are like the buff Three Stooges.

It's a true-crime story about three bodybuilders who pushed The American Dream to the limit and wanted to be big-shots more than anything in the world.

'THEIR AMERICAN DREAM, IS BIGGER THAN YOURS'

It's a crime movie with comedy elements

Sounds entertaining enough

>From Producer Jerry Bruckheimer

damn

You mess with Michael Bay and you mess with America.

You should watch it, you'll love it.

Kill yourselves, all of you.

>retarded romance
>blatant inaccuracy for "muh patriotism" even though it wasn't a patriotic war

The romance point might be valid I don't remember but
>blatant inaccuracy
see pic related

Pure popcorn flicks. No one can compare. Bay is the master of visual entertainment.

No not blatant, I'll admit that wasn't really appropriate, but they definitely stretched the truth to make us look better.

Not really. It's a dumb person's attempt at a 'based on a true story' edgy dark comedy. There's no cleverness, intelligence or nuance to any of it. It's just shit.

someone post the webm of The Rock cooking.

>reddit

>There's no cleverness, intelligence or nuance to any of it
Just because you say that that doesn't make it true. If you want to convince me you'll need more than that.

>The Rock cooking
I don't see what's wrong with that. A character deciding to do something you wouldn't have isn't a plothole or an inherent flaw.

oh you