Music-to-Pokemon Type Challenge

/vp/'s currently pissing themselves over the new games, so I'm doing this thread here. Using the genre of your favorite album (top 2 for a dual-type Pokemon) to determine what Pokemon fits your musical tastes.

bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Pokémon_by_National_Pokédex_number

Glitch-"type" refers to any of the bugged Pokemon from Generation 1, while Shadow was a sorta-kinda type from Pokemon Colosseum and Gale of Darkness.

HARD MODE: Form a full team with your favorite 6-12 albums (reason for more than 6 is for dual-types) and their genre(s).

either scrafty or pangoro, they're cool

Dark/Fighting? Pretty cool. As for me, my tastes change too much, but I've been on a doom metal kick lately so I'd go with Ground. So Marowak, maybe?

i dont get it

you're telling me to pick a random flying pokemon out of a list of 800 because my favorite album is a jazz album?

Rock/Water

Kinda shit typing but like the pokemon

Grass/Flying
Feels fucking great

Extrapolate a little and use your imagination. Is it any particular subgenre of jazz? If it's jazz fusion, see what other genre it's mixed with and go from there. Also, there's only one pure Flying-type, so go with your second favorite or some other criterion to make things more interesting.

Oh by the way OP your thread is really fucking dumb, no one wants to do your stupid challenge because it requires a lot of dumb work. Most people (myself included) won't get past just the types, which is the most fun part because you just look.

Psychic/Steel

hell ya im jirachi

Just type is enough. Like I said, /vp/'s too busy sperging over the new games and I wanted to use this pic that's been sitting on my computer for a while. Besides, I imagine Sup Forums's tastes are [spoiler]better[/spoiler] than /vp/'s.

Fighting/Ghost

Grass/Steel

Favourite Album
>The Decemberists - The Crane Wife
Runner Up
> These New Puritans - Hidden

Not sure about the second album re genre. Can anybody who's listened to it weigh in?

ground/bug

probably my least favourite typings lmao

yawwwwnn this guy doesn't even know it's spoiler-free

Yeah, I fucked up.

Ice/water

hell yea

Steel/Electric

Ground/Ghost master race.

>Neofolk/Drone
>???/Steel

>Dragon/Fairy
literally the most op type combo

Ground-Ghost master race

my nigga

>Fighting/Electric
That would actually be a pretty cool Pokemon, looks like there hasn't been one yet tho. Here's the closest thing.

holy fuck your taste is awful

Ghost/Ice

>No ground-fighting type

Rock/Flying
...I don't like Aerodactyl or Archen, but whatever

Ghost/Fire

Probably mostly flying/ice or rock/fire

Water/Grass

Cool only 3 weaknesses

>dark ghost

>no ghost/rock pokemon

Same, feelsbadman

Steel/Ghost

Bonus Team:
Nine Inch Nails - The Downward Spiral (Steel)
Bauhaus - Burning From the Inside (Ghost)
Aphex Twin - Selected Ambient Works 85-92 (Bug/Psychic)
Elliott Smith - Either/Or (Grass)
Cursive - Domestica (Fight/Rock)
Bjork - Post (Water/Poison)

Not a bad team tbbqh.

There's a couple of ghost/grass types, but only one grass/ghost which is pic related. Guess I gotta pick up sun or moon and run the grass starter now.

(top two are Astral Weeks and Loveless btw)

me too

>classical and k-pop
Wew

Dragon/Grass - technically he's Grass/Dragon, but I don't care.

John Eliot Gardiner - Bach: Mass in B minor
Johnny Cash - At Folsom Prison

Boris - Flood (ground/steel)
Sleep - Sleep's Holy Mountain (ground)
Primus - Sailing the Seas of Cheese (dark/rock)
Fushitsusha - s/t (steel)
Goat - Goat's Holy Mountain (shadow)
Keiji Haino - Watashi Dake? (glitch)