Will this be a good adaptation superior to the original tv miniseries...

Will this be a good adaptation superior to the original tv miniseries? Will it be more true to the book or will it just be an excuse for cheap thrills and jump scares?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1cPW0MX79fU
youtube.com/watch?v=q7U2aVUAqPI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's going to be epic. They've already shown the easter egg tying it to the Dark Tower movie. I just cannot wait to see how they handle the drider this time around. The other one was cool but bad tv cgi.

definitely not true to the book, they already fucked up with pennywise's appearance.

without giving too much away, he's not really a clown, he's a shapeshifter that eats kids, so he takes the form of a clown because it's not scary and it lures them in.

no fucking kid anywhere is getting lured in by that rapist-looking "i'm in a metal band's music video" appearance they gave him.

Yeah the ending kind of killed it but otherwise it was a solid flick. After reading the book for the second time, though, I feel like it's almost impossible to properly recreate on screen. There's just so much to the novel. But that is cool how It ties in with the Dark Tower series with the whole "macroverse" and Turtle thing... I hope the film does it justice. Guess I should start reading the Dark Tower series.

OP here, I know I've read the book so don't worry about spoilers. I just hope that this new film is closer to the book.

Wrong. The book never describes him as a funny clown but as a scary one. He lures them in by hypnotizing with fear.

Yeah but in the novel the clowns appearance is always sinister. None of the Loser's club is fooled by IT, and most of them encountered IT in the form of their worst fears before they saw the clown appear.

Predicting it now: it's going to suck ass.

you tryinna say tim currys pennywise isnt creepy as fuck? because if you are you wrong as a bitch

Exactly! Someone ripped me to shreds in a thread about this a few weeks ago, it seems like this Pennywise is a little truer to the book. In the book he's always described as seeming odd or out of place and sinister rather than jovial, and describes him as looking like a clown from another time.

The new Pennywise looks like a faggot.

Well yeah. Faggots are scary dude. Also it's implied in the book that Pennywise might be a female.

So what if my worst fear was a squirrel? Would Pennywise turn into a squirrel?

What if my worst fear were a stock market crash? What then?

Yep and they went the same route except they made him resemble a porcelain clown doll. One of those creepy kids toys.

It's in the book and original movie, IT was female and spawned. Pennywise is only one of its illusions it uses to scare kids before devouring them.

Yes. You'd have a squirrel, giant squirrel, or a number of squirrels come after you in cliche horror movie style.

Stock markets crash, news about everything going wrong, banks closing down and withholding peoples assets, which would result in you having an emotional/stressful response such as a panic attack, heart attack, etc.

But why the fuck would a lil kid be scared of a stock market crash? It only ate children.

I think the new Pennywise looks fucking stupid.

I saw the original TV broadcast during its first viewing way back when. people watched network tv and miniseries in those days. it was scary and hokey. a few years later I read the book, and realized it was pretty bad. but Tim Curry as Pennywise is a godtier meme

It was as close to being female as It could be. It reproduced asexually. It's true form is the Deadlights and is indescribable. I don't think It has a TRUE gender.

youtube.com/watch?v=1cPW0MX79fU

youtube.com/watch?v=q7U2aVUAqPI

So IT's an sjw?

It would turn into a giant squirrel with huge teeth that would go after your nuts. As far as the stock market thing, Pennywise doesn't need to do that. Your shit tier investments are terrifying enough.

Deadlights were driders. Just as the Crimson King was, the books and comics covered this.

Oh god I hope not... don't ruin It for me dude. Please?
>inb4 IT is a thinly veiled feminist metaphor

My biggest fear is Sonic's arms turning blue.

But smart

Does it have a pre-teen gangbang?

Nah I bet they left that out. To be honest I thought it was a touching (no pun intended) beautiful part of the book. It symbolized the loss of their innocence and transition into adulthood and bridged the gap between the two worlds. It made the Loser's Club bond stronger. It ensured that they'd all find their way back to each other if and when IT came back. It wasn't really eroticized it was kind of awkward.

just warning you, after the first book it gets bad fast.

that meth addict from Breaking Bad teams up with a black woman in a wheel chair with multiple personalities, and roland does nothing but make comments about how this "Stephen King guy sounds pretty cool, i wonder if he is god since he wrote a book about my universe hurr durr fap fap"

Eh. I've heard a lot of mixed things about it. I've read a lot of SK. IT, The Shining, The Stand, Doctor Sleep, Cujo, and many more.. I dunno about the Dark Tower series. It sounds like it's pretty meandering and boring.