About to fail college AMA

About to fail college AMA

Why were you shitposting on Sup Forums when you should have been studying for final exams?

anser the kwestun normie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what college? what major? year?

>nice trips

It was more than that. I could blame Sup Forums but that'd be the pussy thing to do. I fucked up by smoking too much weed, talking to girls, and drinking rather than manning up and studying like a good kid. Now I'm fucked and I don't know how to tell my parents.

1. not telling

2. History

3. freshman

Major?

>freshman
I felt that way, too. That feeling goes away in your second semester.

bro failing first year history, college aint for you, and you just saved you ass 2 more years of useless dept.
wont get a job with a history arts degree \
go out, find a passion figure out how to make money off it.
or just sell drugs

How do I get straight A's in my first semester of college?

thought it was gunna be something hard and feel bad... you idiot... enjoy working at the BK lounge

you dont

>WE LIVE BABY, YEAH

How many classes did you fail? it's not to late to turn it around

Why are you a piece of shit

Actually, I did.

Go to class
Pay attention and take good notes
READ the assigned readings (hilight main points including captions under pictures)
Do your homework
Study for your test re reading the hilighted portions, your notes, and any other graded homework.

take some community college courses to boost your gpa, and switch majors to a science degree or economics at least something more practical and usefull
my question though is at what point did you start failing? the whole way or did you just fuck the finals

currently studying for my last test of my 2nd semester :/

I know, I tried switching but my grades were too low, fuck I feel so apathetic all the time and I hate it.
Bro I'm the plug for the entire floor but I could always expand, I live near a pretty sketchy city.
Honestly, focus.
It sucks that the only way to motivate you is the fear of failing but it's reality.

Most likely the gas station, but yeah.

All of them.

I think it has something to do with my lack of motivation.

>1. not telling
why not? you think anybody is going to be able to find you out from this post ? even if you were ashamed of your school who cares nobody knows who you are.
why would you major in history? what was your career vision? librarian? event master at your cities civil war reenactment? seriously why the fuck would you major in history.
would have better luck today with a womens study degree given all of the sjws running about.

Damn. what's your gpa?

Patriot 1776 speaks truth

Also there's no way you literally FAILED all your classes. At most schools profs just give a C or D at worst even for kids who do nothing and never show up.

Post proof.

Honestly I'm trying to do that but my money situation is so fucked right now. Don't ever take history as a major. I'm switching to civil engineering because that's where the money's at. I started failing around November and spiraled into chaos I think around February.

If there's one thing I have learned it's never underestimate the power of Sup Forums. The autism is strong with this site.

Retake some of the classes you failed over the summer and you can still make it

Summa Cum Laude in Finance here.

Cheat in classes that you don't want to learn stuff in. Go to a tues/thurs class if test is on your friday and ask people coming out what the questions are. A few dollars helps.

Math: Do the odd problems they assign you even if they just assign evens for hw. Those are normally the test questions.

Non-memory related stuff like English, Sociology, Psychology, Arts, where you'll have to write papers, just kiss teacher ass and ask for feedback. Be in their office hours as much as you can and they'll remember that.

Memory stuffs like History or whatever: skim the chapter once, then read the questions at end of chapter, then read back through chapter a little more this time, answering them as you go, and then skim it one more time and its in your memory a lot better. Do this again before midterms/tests/finals to put it back in your head once again.

Computer Science/MIS/Engineering/Biology/Physics, same thing, do the problems they don't assign for hw for those are probably your test questions.

Most importantly, DROP a class if you aren't doing absolutely spectacular before drop date and/or you think the teacher is an asshole and might try and fuck you over. To get an A in public speaking, I had to go through 4 classes/professors until I got one I can get solid A's in.

DO NOT take classes that are run by SJWs. Creep out any media of all the professors that you can. If you need a fine arts credit for your major, take something like Dance Appreciation where you just watch videos. Don't take anything where you have to draw or product actual art or fictional writing like poetry and drama. Don't even think about doing anything musical.

dont be such a pussy all your life user just tell us your school.

moneys tough always i know but community colleges are pretty dirt cheap
i know you said you are apathetic but you really need to think about your future or anything that can give you some form of determination.
Where theres a will, theres a way you just need to find the will and you will make it happen
im rooting for you man

Considering I've only taken 3 courses this year there is definitely a way to fail all of 'em. Proof? Ehhh, sure maybe hold on.

I haven't given up all hope yet. I'm honestly surprised there's genuinely good advice in this thread and not just a bunch of anons telling me to an hero already. If Sup Forums can look good hell I should be able to look good and not fuck up my career.

It's in the east coast that's all I'm gonna say.

Thanks user, that really means a lot to me, I'm saving up for it with a shitty job at a gas station and I'll get out of this rut one day, I hope.

I did this my first quarter of college (that's how old I am, they still had quarters, and you could smoke in the hallways, ha!). 0.00 my first quarter. I'm laughing now thinking about it. Dad didn't kill me, I just enrolled in a different college a year later and did much better. You'll live OP. That's life.

Oh yeah, forgot to add: Go to a school where you can actually get a scholarship in. If you can't get any, then goto a community college and keep that GPA perfect and see if you can transfer. DON'T put yourself into insane debt unless you're going to go to law school, medical school, or something where you absolutely want a degree in.

you're bombing history and now switching to civil engineering. good luck man. you'll need it.

>Dad didn't kill me

Phew, but I'm more scared of disappointing him than anything really. Yeah, I'll live, this whole thing seems less and less like a huge deal the more I think about it. I also forgot to mention I got arrested in February for weed but that doesn't affect my gpa

hahah tell me about it. That's what everyone says at first when I tell them but I;m willing to give a shit now that's the difference.

How does it feel knowing you have wasted the last 4 or so years when you know that, that piece of paper you get at the end entitles you to a job at maccas?

Don't worry man, my university is on strike right now so I don't even know if we'll finish. Plus I wasn't really doing that great

Maccas?

I feel op. Pretty sure I just failed my discreet mathematics final

>not doing mediocre your first semester
>not stopping going to half your classes second semester
>not dropping out and working at walgreens
>not going back to school 4 years later when you've matured and effortlessly getting As to fix your awful GPA

McDonald's you fucking degenerate.

honestly, as long as you have motivation you can do it. study. go to fucking tutoring and dont be a twat. talking to a civil engineer just recently out here. you got it.

I'm in the same boat home slice. Have you thought of any ways about how to tell your parents?

not op but just man up to it. making excuses makes you look like a piece of shit
just tell them how it is and tell them what you will do to fix it

expanding on this thought
having a plan to fix it will look much better than having excuses why you fucked up

Really? Why's that?

Fuck, it somehow feels a little less worse knowing someone else probably failed, don't know why. I need a 90 on my final to barley pass the class, oh well.

Oh shit for real?
Tell me what the hardest part of your major is, I need to know if i'm gonna go for it next semester.

Without breaking their hearts? No.

This user gets it.

Exactly.
It'll look 1000x better if you're already improving yourself by the time you tell them.

I have a question for you user, I dropped out of Highschool and got a GED, I'm 19. Would it be possible for me to go to a community college then a better school after? Or am I memed for life

It's a public university and the government wants to make some massive cuts to its budget, so the students have been in a indefinite protest.
And my situation, well sort of the same. But dealing with work too, having some issues I should talk over. Plus professors having no mercy with students lel

not op but there is nothing stopping you from doing that lol hate to be the guy but just ask google

I have an intelligent, 19 year old son that didn't go to college. (And who should be in bed because he works in the morning. You know who you are...) It bugged me for a little bit, but it's his life, not mine. That's true for you and your dad as well. Don't worry TOO much, but be ready for some shit for a few weeks. Yes, manning up will help.

How the fuck are you failing history? Drop out now

You're only memed for life if you put yourself in that way of thinking.
Get out there, work hard, and save up for a few courses at a community college. Colleges love that shit, a self-made man with a high gpa. Just don't fuck up like I did, and you'll be great.

lel some professors are assholes I believe. Do you think it'll end soon?

It's gonna hurt like hell when I finally tell him but, it wouldn't be right if i never told him.

Never do any of the work, except for group projects, I can fuck up my grade and not feel bad but I'd be a complete piece of shit if i took down other students with me. I managed to work hard for those 2 assignments only then returned to being a lazy slob.

Already switching majors bud.

>I'm degenerate because I don't know the nigger slang for a shitty fast-food restaurant
You should promptly consider necking yourself. At the very least please don't propagate your genetic material to future generations you fucking trog.

Solid advice, not that i need it.

LOL

>discreet
Discrete was easy bro. You just have to really make sure you know your second order logic and set theory early on.

This user knows

Heck no, things just keep going backwards. Both sides act stupid sometimes

I have a 4.0 OP, how's it feel being retarded?

not op but im all for university strikes, the profs get walked over all the time and have their workload increased every year without pay raise, my school had one this year and it fucked over one of my classes so i had to vw it but i still support them

failed college first go around. wasnt motivated and had zero responsibility. joined military (usaf), about to go into civil engineering as well with no loans this time. consider that path.

Hopefully the whole issue gets resolved. Are you in a rush to get back to uni?

I don't know. I'm just over here being fucked by bad grades and skinny latinas, but it could always be worse.

Hmm, I'll have to look into that. Thanks user.

I support the strike, the budget cut would make the university unable to work. It how it is rn and we have our situation. My problem is that the students aren't organized, but when we are the government doesn't want to talk

>history

user u don't need a degree to work at starbuks

Yeah and not really, it's gonna be hell when we get back. But I do miss it, there's just something of that constant flow of work that you kind of miss

>2. History
>3. freshman

hahaha omg

I noticed that uni students have trouble organizing and when they finally get together no one listens to them

>starbucks
one of the last places i'd apply to

Kinda, it gave me something to do besides watch youtube videos which I miss

Kek

Basically whats happening

i dont understnd what this greentext is implying

You guys are lucky just to be in university.

I dropped out of highschool, because I have a low IQ and because of depression and other mental illnesses. I always studied A LOT more than everyone else... yet I kept failing and failing. I was happy to get 60%, which is the passing mark in Canada.

It's sad to fail school even when you are TRYING so fucking hard. I've seen people that didn't give a shit about school, that only smoked weed and did other drugs, or just constantly skipped classes... and they passed. Feels bad as fuck.

I can't even imagine going to college or university. I'm stuck with manual labour jobs for the rest of my shitty life. If only I knew what would happen, I wouldn't have spent all my time studying in highschool... I would have rather partied.

dont speak for all of canada man im from manitoba passing is 50

Sorry, my bad. I'm in QC.

sorry man i just felt like being an asshole, you know a person who works hard for 60s in highschool will do much better than someone who didnt work at all for 90s once you get into university, you have the work ethic to succeed you can do it