Sup Forums curious what you think...

Sup Forums curious what you think. With all the new technology that's coming out and replacing low skill labor and eventually higher skilled labor (I think this will happen within the next few decades). How will people be able to work and earn money if you don't own the machines that produce things? Will capitalism still work or will we have to switch to something else? I know in the past when new technology replaces old jobs, new jobs usually take place of the old but will that always hold true? Will we have to ban some technologies that replace too many jobs? Am I just worried about this for no reason?

Other urls found in this thread:

upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/1e/Estimations_of_Human_Brain_Emulation_Required_Performance.svg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

ww3 is happening fist so dont worry fam we got you

Don't worry you can fight for scraps of food in between running from the police.

Good point, but if we don't nuke each other to death, we'll still be technologically advancing so...

it's gonna consume some jobs, i think actually it will consume a lot of jobs. but not nearly so many that there would be no positions left for humans.

True, maybe I'm just being nihilistic but I could see the future sucking ass

Yeah that's what I figure but I could see it happen where it consumes too many jobs and people get so pissed where they riot or overthrow governments. This video makes me wonder https:// www .youtube.com
/watch?v=7Pq-S557XQU

Well, in the next 40 years there's basically zero percent chance that something like the matrix isn't created.

upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/1e/Estimations_of_Human_Brain_Emulation_Required_Performance.svg

In less than 25 years fastest supercomputers can easily simulate a human brain, which is the absolute worst case scenario for general artificial intelligence. Probably a structure that's much more efficient for intelligence will be created, moving the time up 10 years or so.

Then singularity happens, robots design huge supercomputing clusters, create the matrix, and such, and all human life now takes place in a simulation.

I expect the process to look something like pic related.

Adapt to the change, learn how to make the robots that do the jobs, get into technology and quickly or you're gonna get left behind.

And, when everything is automated, No one will have jobs, so no money to spend. Then what happens to the large corporations bottom lines? No one buying their products. it's a huge snowball of fuckery!

Just the lazy fucks wont have jobs. Or they can face the fact they cant stop the progression of technology and join it. Jobs will still be around, they'll be jobs for robot debugging or something.

Yeah but what if there are only a few robot debugging jobs?

And what if we just make robots that debug robots? It's likely to happen.

>robots that debug robots
Kek

>technology

Human Instrumentality would be a breddy gud way to go, so long as we get the full fanta-transformation experience.
Best case scenario is post-scarcity economy, but it'd sure be a rough transition.

Yeah but I wonder how many people are capable of doing advanced computer programming. If I'm being honest, probably less than half the people I know would be smart enough to do a job like that. And if programming is one of the few jobs left I think a lot of people will get fucked over.

There are already Remote Control Locomotives. Union rules say you still need 2 guys for every job, but that collective bargaining agreement will expire eventually....

Whatever Robots will be producing will cause th price to drop drastically. Especially as competitive pressures bring the prices down.

The big one that we will see on the chopping block over the next dozen years is attorneys. Right now their labor comes an extreme premium but with AI systems there will be a large amount of automating a lot of the sub routines of what attorneys and entire law firms do. So a task that may take multiple legal professionals a week to accomplish may only take one person and an AI system an hour to do.

It wouldn't replace ALL of their work, but it would replace the bulk of what everyday people need from a law firm. The remaining attorneys would find themselves chasing a shrinking demand for their labor and thus they will lose the premium they once commanded.

It needs to be as mandatory to teach as teaching english in school. It looks hard and it is at first, but like with literally any skill in life, it just takes time.

You're ignorant,blinded by propaganda.People like you, fuel the snowball of fuckery!

The egg heads who currently program will still be programming.

Lets take Instagram. Instagram was made by a small team of a few dozen programmers. All of the people who currently work there to make sure everything runs smoothly is a very small group of people.

Instagram has drastically changed how advertising and advertising dollars are spent. While few people work in the nuts and bolts of the platform, countless people and businesses are able to make use of the platform for their own businesses. I can tell you that the majority of my advertisement budget goes to Instagram and Facebook. The new automation and AI systems will be tools for every day people to use which will allow them to do things that are currently not possible.

I feel sorry for the cocksucker who wants to sell me 1/8th of a page in a local magazine ad in something no one reads for $1500. For $1500 I could have my instagram post go out to to a few hundred people in my target market, every day, all year long. VS an ad in a magazine that will end up in the trashcan in four weeks.

So don't think in terms of working on the equipment, think of how people will use the equipment.

This

Yeah, okay, go watch more alex jones. Survival of the fittest fucker. People like you are going to fade away leaving nothing behind but your spoiled-brat protests against technological advancement rather than rolling with it.

That would help a lot but I know people that having been trying to be good at math they're whole student life and they just end up being mediocre at it and not good enough to be competitive at it in the work force. People who aren't good at school or high skill jobs in general need menial labor to get by. And even if you don't care about the people who are jobless as a result, you will have no choice but to listen to them when it comes election time.

Its called the human race for a reason. If they cant keep up, leave em behind. The rest of us are busy doing cool shit.

The automation/AI that we will see starting within about 3 years is driverless cars. The technology will take a while to emerge but the goal will work like this.

You will not own a driverless car, you will summon it like Uber or Lyft and it will take you where you want to go. Because there is no driver in the equation the labor cost of operating it will be much lower. I have seen predictions that you can more or less take the Uber Price and divide it by 5 or 10 to get a decent idea of what it will cost. That $15 Uber ride may only set you back $1.50-$3.00 in the future.

On one hand, human drivers will be unemployed, on the other hand the cost of reliable on demand transportation will plummet. The average person will be wealthier because they don't need to own a car to get around. They will be wealthier because they don't need to worry about their car draining their bank account.

Eliminate the accidents from Driver error and you have likely tens if not hundreds of billions of dollars saved from the accidents that don't happen, the injures that don't happen and the deaths that don't happen.

Buying a new car won't be something you will do. Maybe an old classic car for collectors, or a kit car for tinkerers but for people who need transportation it will not be a viable option.

This will make people richer. As all of the time and energy that goes into their car is freed up. Imagine if you are a small business with only 6 parking spaces. Right now you are fucked, but if driverless cars are dropping people off and picking people up you are set and your little business now becomes much more capable.

I don't doubt that new technology will help businesses out a lot in cutting costs. But I'm thinking with technology continually replacing jobs, that businesses in general will need little to no labor to perform their daily tasks. Basically what I'm saying is that labor will be excluded from the market almost altogether.

Article related:

http:// www .npr.org /sections/alltechconsidered/2015/08/31/436377616/the-restaurant-with-no-visible-workers

Simpletons like you devolve to visceral insults when faced with facts.I'm already much more evolved and richer than you will ever be.So good luck dumpster fighting post corp.

Kk

You arent wrong friend. It is already happening all over the world. There are several scenarios i see happening. The first is one where we actually get over the inherent greed we all have and the automation leads us to creating a utopia (yeah right). This will include a living wage for every person, because we finally reached a point where our technology has created a completely autonomous means of production. There will still be positions for people who actually want to do things, mostly scientific research, artists, that kind of thing.
2nd is the upcoming world war will be horrific, probably including some pretty terrible bioweapons to reduce the excess population, so the people at the top who own the automation can live their lives owning everything.
3rd is we create an AI smart enough to fix our problems. One that is incorruptible, takes the welfare of all into account and all that. But if we give up our self determination are we worth keeping around?

I have more on the subject but honestly it depresses me too much to talk about

The humans behind the labor will change what they do. I don't expect full replacement anytime soon but I do expect to see businesses where a team of half a dozen people and AI/Automation has the productivity of 50 or more people.

This will allow small low cost enterprises to compete against the big players.

The new technology will be useful for people to start new companies that may once again need some new type of human labor.

Human labor makes things expensive, especially if they want people to be highly paid.

Three possibilities

>Pessimistic one
We're royally screwed, no more jobs even for highly skilled workers, people everywhere go to crime as a means of improving their lives, the gap between the rich and the poor widens and being born poor becomes a death sentence. Genetic engineering and poor people genocide become real threats. With the social media and electronic vigilance the government now can know everything happening and is able to counter any rebellion or opposition.

>Optimist one
Humanity thrives, food and basic resources become so cheap that they're basically free. Without having to worry about those basic needs, a whole lot of money is spent on research, new universities are built and in a few decades spacial endeavors become profitable. Art and music become more and more important and rich as people have more free time.

>Realistic one
It all happens slowly, spendings on R&D grow and this crams universities, a lot of people become researchers throughout the decades, useless entertainment (like youtubers) grow thanks to the internet. Putting kids through education is really expensive (overspecialized society) so the population starts to decrease. Crime might grow in poor communities, since it's harder now to get good jobs without education.

Hopefully machines can't install or repair themselves so technicians are more important since everything is done by robots. With complex machines, repairing and installing create lots of jobs. They don't compensate the ones lost by automation though.

There are still wars but probably not something like WW3, just some stuff like Iraq.