/mlb/ general - HO HO HO edition

ATL: Inciarte, Braves ink five-year, $30.525M deal
CLE: Indians land Encarnacion for three yrs, $60M
WAS: Ben Revere close to signing with new team
SEA: Felix Hernandez to make VWL debut Thurs.
CHC: Manny making comeback attempt at age 44?
CWS: Bucs still trying to acquire SP Jose Quintana
PIT: Nova, Pirates work out three-year, $26M pact
LAA: Padres considering Jered Weaver for rotation
MIN: Dodgers still in talks with Twins over Dozier
SD: CHC, TEX, CLE, PIT all in on FA Tyson Ross
SD: Padres re-sign Clayton Richard for $1.75 mil
SD: Padres finalize $1.75M contract with Chacin

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gSBNS9-6UGA
youtu.be/104Y6jan4E4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>What do you want for Christmas /mlb/?
>I know what I want...

Giants to be desu

first for COLONIZED

Why didnt the jays just give edwin the 125 million he wanted and not risk him hitting FA in the first place?

Jose Bautista or Manny Ramirez?

Cuz dats a lot of years and money for an aging DH. EE is the fuckhead in this situation, he played himself

>LAA: Padres considering Jered Weaver for rotation

Hey guys we were able to pawn off the worst starter in baseball to the whos now let's go get the second worst starter!!

in b4 Royals guy.

>Yes

AJ Preller: 25D chess

Nah his agent holds most of the blame

>guys EE is totally worth 125 million
>EE will get at least 100 million that's his value
>HA 80 million that's not even close to what he's worth come back with a real offer
>oh shit nobody actually wants him for 4 years
>fuck I'm not going to panic. It's not time to panic there's no need to panic
>get offer that was LESS money and LESS term
This guy should never work in his life again

pls buy one eric hosmer

gib closer nao

Do something O's pls

Papelbon?

In the end he'll be the one with the rings and we'll be the ones watching him get them. Thats what stings.

Nah, it's the Indians. No rings

see
robles for britton

Nah. He's a worse choker than Kershaw.

are you implying signing edwin to a disastrous contract would make the jays world series contenders?

Thnx, Done and done. Sign here. And here. Initial here. And the date.......Thank you, good sir. Merry Xmas.

Severino for Drob

wait im not an actual GM im not authorized for this!

A fate worse than death

Just picked up Britton. Thnx for playing though.

The offense is what hurt the Jays last year, itll be worse this year. Rays might end up outslugging this team

so how would signing edwin make the team better than last season when edwin had one of the best seasons of his career and we still failed?

Dont get carried away. They'll be an average offensive team now instead of an above average. They still have Donaldson, Tulo, Martin, Travis, Morales and ofcourse THE Steve Pearce.

>it's a "lifelong jays fans swap know-nothing analyses at each other and /mlb/ gets a little worse" episode

There isnt a fanbase that doesn't trigger /mlb/ though

>its an obese americans already dangerously high blood pressure spikes because he sees a different flag than usual on a post in a thread on his japanese cartoon forum episode and he gets unreasonably upset about it episode

you people are so sensitive, jesus

5/30 for Adam Eaton 2 is a great deal for the Braves. 3 years down the road they can trade him to the Nats for their top 2 prospects.

triggered

Borderline on how much you're exaggerating, but I'd be shocked if the Rays repeated what they did last season. All those dingers just feels so out of character for them.

That's actually offensive and I really don't appreciate this. Delete at once.

>Tfw the Chicago Cubs are still the World Champions

>barely squeak by a team that's half in the hospital, literally bleeding on themselves from injuries
>world champions
Reminder that any one single healthy AL team would have annihilated the Cubs

>an NL team only beat an AL team because of their DH

really makes you think

...It really doesn't tho

jesus fucking christ this sport is so damn boring

Tigers have yet to trim that payroll, they're going to pay out big sacks of money to old men who have no chance of competing against the Indians

>detoilet
lmao

Been getting baseball withdrawl lately so I've been watching a lot of baseball movies to help. I swear I'm not being edgy here, but "Ben Chapman" was legit funny as fuck in that piece of shit movie "42"

if you havent seen it watch the phenom, ethan hawke is great in it.

"fastball" is pretty good

Are the Astros going to be good?

They're not going to be bad, at least

They should be.

All that money they flushed over the last decade and their window has slammed shut without a ring

kek

they should trade for quintana and they can be contenders

Do you think Ender specifically asked for more money than Herrera? He got 30.5M for 5 years and 30.525 seems like a weird number.

Reminder that no Healthy AL team could beat the Indians

I'll check it out.
I really gotta rewatch Cobb with Tommy Lee, it has been so long I forgot what I thought about it the first time I saw it.

I loved Fastball, i only just watched it over the ASB but I'll definitely rewatch it.

As the movie reaffirms, there is NOTHING more difficult in pro sports than hitting MLB level pitching. People that average only doing it 3/10 times in their career are usually considered great. The best hitters is the sport usually fail 7/10 times...

>insert "really makes ya think" meme

Watch Bull Durham

that's on the definite watch list for tomorrow. i've see it about 10+ times in my life like major league and sandlot, but it's always a fun watch.

i'll prolly only do one movie today actually, I'm really close to a ship I want to buy in World of Warships.

>there is NOTHING more difficult in pro sports than hitting MLB level pitching
Michael Jordan was hitting .200 in AAA despite not having played baseball since little league or some bullshit. Let's say he would hit .100 in MLB. Could Mike Trout average 10% FG in the NBA? Definitely not.

youtube.com/watch?v=gSBNS9-6UGA

Michael Jordan never made it to AAA. He might've batted .050 in the majors if he were lucky

youtu.be/104Y6jan4E4

watch Ed :^)

yeeaaah, he's the greatest athlete of all time, what do you expect? Also, he was pitched meatballs on those hits. The Cubs threw that game for MJ.

What sources are you citing?

>114 strikeouts in 436 AB
He's trash m8

The Jays are missing the playoffs next year and there is NOTHING you can do about it

Look at how happy he is
Pure joy is this mans face

What was his fucking statline for the majors, I can't find it.
>catch a routine fly ball, hit a fastball down the line in a weird way, and somehow manage to advance one base on a passed ball
>I am now the GOAT

>lower K% than Joc Pederson
Now let's try to guess how many times Joc Pederson could even bring the ball past the midcourt, let alone attempt a shot.

Could beat an injured Indians team
Ftfy

Where did you find that?

On twitter

>the look a man gives when he realizes he has to live in Cleveland for 3 years

>mad at a winning city
Good meme my friend

>Comparing AA stats to MLB stats
>Making a baseless statement about someone's basketball ability
What are you trying to accomplish?

That was an exhibition game.

Where? Has the announcement even happened officially yet? I've been out for 13 hours

Yes it was announced at 10pm est yesterday officially

this guy slides down your chimney and throws a 100 mph present at your tree, wyd?

>One Championship in 70 years
>Winning city

When does baseball start?

>Cleveland
>a winning city

>all these mad people

All I saw was reports and "sources say"

>da Dolans spending money

What

March is Spring Training, April is regular season

Saw an article in the Chicago suntimes about Champs/Chumps

Saying how the Cubs and Hawks are winners and super successful while everyone else the Bulls, Sox, and Bears are failure basement dwellers.

Has any other city ever been this bipolar?

What causes this?

t. Lifelong Jays Fan

>60 million dollars is more than 80 million dollars

>person A says hitting a baseball is the hardest thing in sports
>person B says a basketball star with no instruction or experience could jump into professional baseball and still manage to hit
>W-W-What are you trying to accomplish?

he was tired of wasting his life away in a country that doesn't care about the sport he plays

Lol

>Bulls and Sox suck
>Both owned by the same do nothing owner who lucked into Jordan

It makes sense.

The Bulls have more championships than the Cubs

True, but if Cubs played Indians in the first round they would've been swept, and quite possibly outscored by 20 runs. Indians still blanked the Cubs in 3 games, right? With Manfred helping them along the way.
>Reminder the Cubs shouldn't have even been playing in the World Series

And the Sox have the same number as them

Wow.... An actual Indians fan

>Compares Jordan's AA stats to Joc Pederson's MLB stats
>Makes baseless assumptions on Pederson and Trout's basketball ability
At best that's a flawed argument.