He puts his music on shuffle

>He puts his music on shuffle.

>He cares how other people enjoy music

>he doesn't have a wide variety of music that he likes to experience in a variety of orders in a variety of settings

>He tags metadata in all lower case.

>>He puts his music on shuffle
this
is
enlightenment

do people do this?

>>He tags metadata in all lower case.

>he doesn't like the excitement that comes with the surprise of one of his favorite songs popping up on shuffle

>He sets the metadata year to the year the compilation album came out instead of the year of the song.
>He has compilation albums.

Ewwwwwwww

see

I do not understand

album shuffle best shuffle

>Not using shuffle at the gym

Do you read a book in random chapters?
Watch a movie in random scenes?

Without experiencing the music as it was intended (99% of the time as an album) you're ruining the experience for yourself.

>not having compilations
Have fun listening to music made after 1960 only.

>he doesn't keep the original stylised titles

No.

>he doesn't use the one album per files policy
>he doesn't sit and does nothing but listen to the entire files

>muh context
>muh album experience
Man if I want the "album experience" I'll listen to the album, which is generally what I do. But sometimes I'm just trying to listen to good tracks. Also, sometimes it reminds me of albums in my library that I've forgotten about or still haven't listened to, which will motivate me to go listen to them

>listen to album start to finish twice, minimum
>prune tracks down to the ones I really like
>enjoy on shuffle or by artist
>relisten to entire album later and +/- tracks

This is how I get down.

>he doesn't use the one album per files policy
explain.

whole album in one file
i guess

>Watch a movie in random scenes?
People do that all the time, dude

there are nothing wrong with compilations

do certain chapters/film scenes frequently get packaged and sold as individual works of art? because sometimes tracks are (singles).

you cant conflate music with films and books. they are all intrinsically different from one another

I got into MF DOOM because of shuffle. I download a shit load of discographies and sometimes its difficult to get through every artist. I was on the bus and Rap Snitch knishes came on and I was fucking blown away.

And thats when I started listening to more rap than metal music

same here
i started listening to house music because i fell on revolution 909 (daft punk) on my ipod nano in shuffle mode

>not having a three hour driving playlist on shuffle

>only 3 hours
ffs normies gtfo

It's nice to use shuffle on albums you've heard tens of times, to make them a bit more fresh.

Pleb