I will listen to any and all songs posted in this thread and give you my opinion on them, pt. 2

I will listen to any and all songs posted in this thread and give you my opinion on them, pt. 2.

The thread yesterday was really enjoyable for me so let's go again.

Since the last thread blew up, I will put some limits here.

>4 mins or less on the song
>expect to wait a while for me to respond, since I try to listen to each song in its entirety

Also, I will stop reviewing songs posted after 2 pm PST. I'll try to get to all of them but I have to work at 4, so that's my limit.

Come at me.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=99QbZtCPLmc
youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q&spfreload=10
youtube.com/watch?v=3Lx_Sr19BJs
youtu.be/2uh44R9x9CI
youtube.com/watch?v=be44d6aeR8k
youtube.com/watch?v=u8Z-9pCRUzo
youtu.be/oIFLtNYI3Ls
youtube.com/watch?v=Qu8GftxMmVI
youtube.com/watch?v=JvO1r1EAhqw
youtube.com/watch?v=Ov3Fy75pMDI
youtube.com/watch?v=hhgJZrdl35I
youtube.com/watch?v=A4EdG-diTM4
youtube.com/watch?v=NZOiQ-7k0v4
youtube.com/watch?v=dGtn43yAsM4
youtube.com/watch?v=19Y6LOLtPnY
youtu.be/woAXh4VeehU
youtube.com/watch?v=jKJG0cXz0GI
soundcloud.com/flyinglotus/twin-peaks
youtube.com/watch?v=r4TfEajlwwY
youtube.com/watch?v=j8u-NSsHc8g
youtube.com/watch?v=MNyG-xu-7SQ
youtube.com/watch?v=pI2-Wpx4M1E
youtube.com/watch?v=cLUHTuj-yQ8
soundcloud.com/circadian-riff/virus-original
youtube.com/watch?v=PHqwTa9aLrQ
youtube.com/watch?v=ag9CgCLRokk
youtu.be/uVNqTBF5Zyo
youtu.be/R7U7XtYeq8c
youtube.com/watch?v=jUmZXxKmgoU
youtube.com/watch?v=Jb30XWIzpeo
youtube.com/watch?v=oSs2C4WMcaU
youtube.com/watch?v=P0gJ0eqpbpk
youtube.com/watch?v=v9pzonMBxJk
youtube.com/watch?v=AvnXan9vxCc
youtube.com/watch?v=acVT80VJsHs
youtube.com/watch?v=BVWfqOSdzs4
soundcloud.com/halcyon-veil/toxe-xic
youtube.com/watch?v=hy9bNyJuX1E
youtube.com/watch?v=326WpN3wMUo
youtu.be/-mKRnwdrpuQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Dgn-ruhkkjw
youtube.com/watch?v=_6hAm1Adu-M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Also, disclaimer:

>I am not actually a musician, nor a seasoned music reviewer, my opinions may lack depth or nuanced understanding of composition, instruments used, etc

youtube.com/watch?v=99QbZtCPLmc

youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q&spfreload=10

GOAT song incoming

This is actually pretty cool,, despite the seizure-inducing video. I like the voluminous, enveloping bed of sound, leading into 1:10 when it slows down and becomes a bit more slow and sinister. The "born to die" refrain fits in nicely with this. All in all, a creative take on a LDR song and pretty well done. 7/10

Nice twee sound, pretty funny, good take on a classic joke. The animation makes it more enjoyable too. I enjoyed it more as a joke with musical accompaniment than as a song though. Still, the vocals are decent. As an enhanced joke, 8/10. As a song, 6/10

youtube.com/watch?v=3Lx_Sr19BJs

youtu.be/2uh44R9x9CI

Do you like hardstyle music? I personally like this song very much.

youtube.com/watch?v=be44d6aeR8k

youtube.com/watch?v=u8Z-9pCRUzo

you gave me two eights last time, shooting for three, less than three OP
youtu.be/oIFLtNYI3Ls
(4:16, I know)

youtube.com/watch?v=Qu8GftxMmVI

youtube.com/watch?v=JvO1r1EAhqw

Something from my country
youtube.com/watch?v=Ov3Fy75pMDI

>4 min limit

I'll allow it though.
Marina is bae. This track really serves to showcase her range. This one isn't much like a typical Marina & the Diamonds song though, reminds me more of the Dresden Dolls. The piano is a bit simplistic but that's okay. The 2 min mark is more enjoyable. I like the introduction of the strings. This was an okay song, not really my style. 6/10

>only 10 hours

This song is perfect for what purpose it serves. It reminds me very much of a standing around in a sterile white lobby of a futuristic hotel, while servbots and other various automatrons glide past. I like the bubbly sounding piano and the wry sounding strings. That said the lack of percussion makes it sound a bit empty and soulless, much like Japan's culture. 5.5/10

Do you like hardstyle music?

Yeah, I can get into some hard edged EDM style music. I like songs that get me pumped.. A lot of the common tropes in EDM are there in this song, so nothing really groundbreaking. The percussion was a bit grating though, what is that cowbell-sounding instrument? Not crazy about that. The shift at 2:45 was welcome, wish there were more vocal samples and less of that obnoxious cowbell though. Sorry but I wasn't really feeling this one. 5/10

youtube.com/watch?v=hhgJZrdl35I

youtube.com/watch?v=A4EdG-diTM4

Thanks for doing this thread OP. This is a fun thread.

youtube.com/watch?v=NZOiQ-7k0v4

youtube.com/watch?v=dGtn43yAsM4

What would you think about the neo-classic genre?
youtube.com/watch?v=19Y6LOLtPnY

I like the mysterious intro on this song, reminds me of playing Diablo 2. Then it picks up at :45, and wow. That guitar is fucking cool. Wonderful rhythm, good accompaniment by the guitar. This song as a whole kind of makes me think of ancient Egypt for some reason. Nice, full ending too. Not a bad instrumental track. I'm sure it fits well with the rest of the album. 7/10

Thanks for coming back, friend. This is a good Radiohead song, I like the riff first introduced at :40 and the way the guitar accompanies Thom's voice like a shadow. And then that chorus...Radiohead is well known for being very dynamic and dense in their songs, this is a perfect example of that. This one has such great energy to it. I love the movement at 2:15, it kind of tones it down with a bit of a gentle respite, but then slams right back into it with the solo. Really cool video too, pretty creepy. This is a great Radiohead song if you like this "style" of Radiohead. They also have their dreamy, slow kind of sound. This is great though. 8.5/10

>4 min rule

I'll give it a shot though. A bit of a slow start. I have to admit this isn't really my style of music. I like the percussion in this song though. It serves well as a foil to the constant droning fuzz. The vocals are dark full of dread, which is cool I guess. This makes me imagine a dying man with a mortal wound staggering through an empty street, bleeding slowly to death, and cursing God. Or something. As far as a mood piece, this acccompishes making me feel something like what they intended, I hope. 6/10

>I like the percussion in this song though.
It's actually a drum machine, Godflesh has no drummer.

youtu.be/woAXh4VeehU

youtube.com/watch?v=jKJG0cXz0GI

soundcloud.com/flyinglotus/twin-peaks

You know, I have heard mentions of this band but never really checked them out. This song inspired me to. I liked it right off the bat, I like songs that can grab you like that, especially if they can hold on. This one did. Good flow, the gunshots aren't as annoying as I thought they might be. I like the musical variety too, like the synth introduced around 1:25. This song just always seems to be offering me something new throughout, like a blossoming plant. Except the plant has a gun and wants to fucking kill me. 8/10

Even without knowing the language, I can sense the passion in his voice, and he sings well. I like the shift at 1:40, although the chimes (?) were a bit overwhelming. Their second appearance didn't seem so bad. The horns at 3 min were cool, I was wondering when the horns were gonna show up because you know they are at some point in any latin song. All in all I liked the rhythm and vocals, and most importantly it didn't remind me of a generic mexican song you hear in a mexican restaurant. 7/10, I'd probably enjoy it more if I could understand the lyrics

I enjoy chiptunes/8 bit stuff, but this one was a little abrasive and jarring. Maybe you're into that, but the deep, resonant static kind of thing wasn't doing much for me. I could sense a beat somewhere in the mixture of noise, and the melody introduced around 1:20 wasn't bad, but still it was just kind of consumed by the fuzz demon. The shift at 1:45 was welcome, but then the grating sound comes back around 2 mins. This song seems to offer a lot of abrasive, fuzzy, noise. Like I said I'm sure you're into that kind of thing but I'm not. This song mostly just made me feel uncomfortable and dirty. Not a fan, sorry. 4/10

youtube.com/watch?v=r4TfEajlwwY

Interesting intro, a very sinister kind of slow burn. This is a spooky track but didn't have a lot of meat to it. It would be right at home on a movie soundtrack, but as for casual listening, it just kinda washes over me and not in a good way. Good for ambiance, not so much otherwise. 4.5/10

Yeah, not really a fan of the noise genre. However I tried to listen closely to this one and try to get something out of it like the fans of this genre do. I could hear the guitar (?) behind the crazy wall of noise, and it sounded kinda cool. I liked it better when the drums came in. Still, just a bit too repetitive. Some songs are just more about an artistic representation of an emotion or mood, I guess that's what noise fans like about it? But musically it just kinda made me wince and endure it. The best part was the end when the noise finally subsided. 4/10

Math rock/Emo? Interesting combo. I really liked the guitar riff at :30, I think :30 to 1:00 was my favorite part. But even that aside this song has a nice cohesive feel to it, very tight, despite the odd rhythm. The singing is fairly typical hardcore/emo/whatever. 2:10 is that awesome part from :30 to 1 min again, I love it. The song is almost worth listening to just for these parts. Overall I enjoyed this song, there's a lot of potential here. However I feel like the song was good despite the vocals, surely not because of them. 7/10

youtube.com/watch?v=j8u-NSsHc8g

youtube.com/watch?v=MNyG-xu-7SQ

youtube.com/watch?v=pI2-Wpx4M1E

Oh sorry went over the limit, take this one instead

youtube.com/watch?v=cLUHTuj-yQ8

soundcloud.com/circadian-riff/virus-original

I'm not sure I've heard much, if any. So I guess this is my first time hearing it. This song is very powerful, that drum that crashes down really demands your attention. The strings are cool, very evil sounding. The vocals weren't doing a whole lot for me musically but they fit in well with the mood of the song. 2 min was a welcome change, it was getting a bit stale at that point. This song just exudes power, determination, violence. Maybe a bit too much for my personal taste though. I'll go 6.5/10

I love Sun Kil Moon, haven't heard a lot of Red House Painters. This song is nice, the drums seem a bit punchy for a song that sounds as mellow as this one. Maybe that's intentional but it was a bit wonky if you ask me. Kinda made the song feel unsteady. I like the movement around 1:55. I also like how the guitar just kind of floats around the song like a butterfly. The piano was a nice touch around 2:35. All in all this song is very dreamy, very nostalgic, makes me think of two kids playing around an abandoned barn in a meadow. Not bad at all, especially for an early demo. 7.5/10

Oh hey, BoC! I've heard some of this band, one of my exes was into them. Right away this song made me feel uneasy, very spooky. Very BoC. This song makes me think of someone trapped in a basement with slots of light coming through, and the piano was like droplets of water dripping down. The droning noise was very spooky. This is a fairly typical-sounding BoC song but I don't think that's a bad thing. The drumbeat was a bit uninspired though, it sounds like it could have come out of any generic hip hop song. I'll go 7/10

youtube.com/watch?v=PHqwTa9aLrQ

youtube.com/watch?v=ag9CgCLRokk

youtu.be/uVNqTBF5Zyo
Here's a short song

Flying Lotus doing Twin Peaks? Well shit. I hope I don't sound like too much of a pleb here but I wasn't really impressed too much with this. I like what he did around 1:25 and the Twin Peaks theme does sound nice next to it. It's an inoffensive song, but I feel like it didn't really offer much from beginning to end, not a whole lot of variety. I mean mostly it just sounds like the Twin Peaks theme with a beat over it. I'll go 6/10

That sax in the beginning was fucking cool. Frank Zappa is a silly man, his music is too. I enjoyed the pace and mood of this one. Almost reminded me of something from the Grease soundtrack around 1:15 onwards. Zappa's music is always so lively sounding, this was no exception. I like 2 min, I wonder if the "billions and billions" is a reference to Cosmos. 2:30 was awesome, lol. That piano worked pretty well. The singing made me laugh, wasn't crazy about the super high notes but it worked for the song. Not my favorite Zappa song from a musical viewpoint but definitely not bad. 6.5/10

The video was fucking cool. Not crazy about the vocals. I liked the way the guitar comes in. 1:30 was pretty enjoyable. I found myself bopping my head along with the beat in this song despite myself. All in all just kind of oddly fast, jumpy, and weird. Not something I would typically listen to. A bit repetitive too, kinda wears on me. Strikes me as a bit of a poor man's Primus. 6/10

youtu.be/R7U7XtYeq8c
4th eight incoming

Oh user, you cheeky bugger. This is a silly song, it does kind of have a passable electro beat. The singing isn't impressive obviously. Shit is funny though, I think it accomplishes what it set out to do, which is be ridiculous. 8.5/10 for humor, 3.5/10 for music

Damn this shit is funky, I spontaneously sprouted an afro when this song started. I like the horns used throughout the song, and the spacy effect they used throughout. The bass did its job but felt a bit plain. This song was pretty cool, but it ended a bit suddenly and felt a bit samey. Not bad though. 6.5/10

This had a nice buildup going into :45. The synth was pretty jarring but I actually didn't mind it so much, maybe it could have been toned down a bit but not bad. I like how it started to sort of spiral upwards after that. The bass was pretty cool too. Overall I just like how this song sort of gave me the sense that it was flying in circles around me, battering me with bass. Nice beat too. 8/10

youtube.com/watch?v=jUmZXxKmgoU

OP here, my friend wants to meet up for lunch. I might have to end the thread early, sorry dudes. I will come back before work and try to catch up, promise.

youtube.com/watch?v=Jb30XWIzpeo
my favorite flaming lips song

Just to clarify, I mean I'll be gone for a while but I will come back and try to review some more before work. So I guess I'm not actually ending the thread, just putting on hiatus for a while.

youtube.com/watch?v=oSs2C4WMcaU

I know it is over 4 minutes long, but i was just searching for a place to post it after being on a bit of a giles corey kick.

you better come back

youtube.com/watch?v=P0gJ0eqpbpk

youtube.com/watch?v=v9pzonMBxJk

the chorus makes me wanna cry

I will son, I swear, I'm just going out for cigarettes

Fuckin hell I forgot this songs.

youtube.com/watch?v=AvnXan9vxCc

youtube.com/watch?v=acVT80VJsHs

bump

Bumpity bump

youtube.com/watch?v=BVWfqOSdzs4

soundcloud.com/halcyon-veil/toxe-xic

I like it

please return OP

youtube.com/watch?v=hy9bNyJuX1E

Please come back OP i love you my man.
youtube.com/watch?v=326WpN3wMUo

Did you like Too at all?

oh absolutely, overdose and bad habits are 2 of my all time favorite songs.

>thread created when i got out of home

music fo this feel?

youtu.be/-mKRnwdrpuQ

I thought it was a good listen, but I was seriously bummed that they lost their kind of raw and garage sound for something less sharp around the edges. Imo there should have been at least 2 other songs as raw as Punks. My favorite song of theirs is Wake, Bake, Skate (DIYDUI version), so I guess I was expecting more songs in that style.

Still went to the show and had a blast tho

is OP dead?

Should've told us where to call an ambulance if this happened

youtube.com/watch?v=Dgn-ruhkkjw

Op abandonned us all

youtube.com/watch?v=_6hAm1Adu-M

God dammit OPee.

I'm so sorry my dudes, OP here. Lunch with my friend turned into a walk in the park turned into hanging out at his house turned into drinking and being a normie faggot REEEEE

I swear I had you guys in the back of my mind, if I can focus on a day where I know I'll be able to stay home and listen to music all day I'll do this again!