So my TVnetflix still has the star system and she has 4 1/2 stars now

So my TVnetflix still has the star system and she has 4 1/2 stars now

What changed?

Other urls found in this thread:

wikihow.com/Register-for-Netflix
bgr.com/2017/03/20/netflix-ratings-system-how-it-works/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Same deal with dear white people

I'm sorry to have to break this to you, but the star system on Netflix if a rating of how much Netflix thinks you'll like it. It's based on the other things you've watched while logged in.

This must be crushing and humiliating for you, I'm sorry. :-(

netflix is a big company, so they have to make the funny meme that white people are racist and anyone thats a liberal is funny, or the best at EVERYTHING.

no it doesn't it is based on all of the ratings of all of the users

i am not white and fucking hate that stupid show and its fucking stupid title and the stupid fucking comedian on Bill Nye's show downtalking to white people.

Seriously man, that shit infuriated me to the point I wanted to punch my tv.

Fuck inverse racism.

He's right. It's always been that way. Check Netflix's own FAQ. It's funny how many people don't know this.

Different thing entirely, retard.

You're an idiot...
The rating AFTER you rate something impacts the recommendations for you in the new system.

If you create a new Netflix account before they added this thumbs up bullshit you would see a star rating on everything.

Where are those ratings from? Your imaginary ratings?

Now imagine being a white male, people wonder why Trump is president.

Nope.

Yep. He's referring to the rating system they had before the percents were a thing.

"The percent match score shown next to the title indicates how likely we think you are to like that title"

Go like something on netflix and then look at another title, there is a percentage next to it that says how much you will like it.

This does not effect the star rating, you can't even read and use context clues of the image you made. Really sad...

You are both autistic. The red stars were always meant to show you what you could potentially like. If you never rated a single thing it went off of your demographics you filled out when you first setup the account. Age, location, the questionnaire about stuff you like (seriously you cucks are so fucking brainless)

Grow the fuck up and get your own accounts that mommy and daddy aren't paying for and you would know about the initial setup.

Autism:the thread

Mad much? Find me a piece of evidence that the red stars weren't an overall rating like would make sense, but what you would like. Go. Find one. I doubt you can.

You don't fill out a questionnaire when you sign up for Netflix, and there never has been.

Ok so they added something recently that asks you if you liked TV shows.

There was not a questionnaire when I signed up.

Not only that, you could press continue without selecting any shows. I doubt they force you to chose shows.

Netflix told you this when you made your account. It really doesn't matter if you don't believe this. Certainly not to any point that anyone cares. Keep using Netflix the way you use it.

your boyfriend must have set it up for you

Ok :) x

It's been like this since I signed up 3 years ago:

wikihow.com/Register-for-Netflix

its been that way for years. it had me take a questionnaire when i used to watch netflix on my wii even

its ok to be wrong dude, calm down

what an embarrassing thread

That... that isn't a sentence. My money is on mommy and daddy setting up his account for sure.

OP here this is what it used to be a few months ago

This went wrong, didn't it? :-(

>...on your account.

congratulations! You don't watch shit if that's your star rating for it ;)

Screen shot was on my old mobile phone, shit quality but many annons can relate

Oh look.

bgr.com/2017/03/20/netflix-ratings-system-how-it-works/

"As it turns out, the rating of a given program on Netflix does not represent a running tally of how all Netflix users ranked the program. On the contrary, Netflix lumps viewers with similar tastes into distinct groups and sources the rating you see on your screen from users with similar viewing habits as your own."

"In effect, Netflix’s rating system isn’t a true rating system as much as it is a personalized indicator of whether or not you will enjoy a specific program. If Netflix offers up a 5-star suggestion, it’s basically Netflix’s way of saying, “based on previous programs that you and users similar to yourself have enjoyed, there’s a really good chance you’re going to love this.”

#rekt
/thread

It must be hard to only just find out they've been using Netflix wrong all this time :')

OP confirmed for wrong, condescending, AND shit taste
include me in the screencap

This is not accurate. I never rated a single title and shit like Breaking Bad, Bob's Burgers, Narcos, Stranger things all had 5 stars. Amy schumer had 1 star. I don't have the star system anymore but now it shows me 97% match for dear white ppl and other shit shows despite the fact ive yet to rate a single title.

This is Netflix trying to justify their new shitty rating system by saying "haha guys the star rating system was the same thing hahahaha pls dont hate us"

they always give their new shit high ratings, but they use things like what you watch and how long you watched it for to determine ratigns aswell

Yeah, I conceded that point. We're trying to tell OP how the previous star rating, as in his screenshot worked. That was always based on the demographic that the user fell into.