How do we stop global warming Sup Forums?

how do we stop global warming Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

instituteforenergyresearch.org/studies/carbon-tax-primer/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

by creating a efficient and sustainable society.
this requires recycling and a cut off on fossil fouls.
other steps such as localized production and automation can limit the energy needed thereby lowering resource usage.
with proper planing and knowledge the world will be able to easily solve any issue related to this

If dubs global warming doesn't exist

Nuke india and china

Nationalize the oil, coal, and natural gas companies. Use the profit made by them to upgrade and build modern nuclear power plants. Shut down fossil fuel plants once nuclear becomes more widespread. Use nuclear power as the base while people work on renewables.

By turning off CNN and mass media.

Put a bunch of ice cubes in the ocean. That should cool it down

If dubs, global warming, evolution and the Earth revolving around the sun are all myths.

/thread

This is probably the greatest idea ever. Like so good it's crazy nature didn't think of it.

>icebergs

and ignoring 97% of experts who dedicate their lives to the study of the Earth's climate

Infowars is all you need.

kill gays

You dont, even if every single factory on earth and every single car and plane stopped and was never used again, earth will still go up 1 degree celsius every year for the next 60 years

enjoy life whilst you can because there is no escape for being burned alive slowly.

Re-rolling because emperor Trump demands it

Dubs confirmed

In Ontario we don't burn coal any more. Most of our power is hydro electric and nuclear and some wind power. The issue now is transporting nuclear waste; they don't want to bury it too close to the great lakes so it's like a multi billion dollar project to move the waste up north to empty mine shafts

i think the issues of energy storage with modern
renewable energy can be addressed with kinetic storage.
dams harvest the potential energy form water and i suggest making a artificial dam with a pump system to store energy in a large container

More modern reactors can take the spent rods that we call "waste" and reprocess it to generate more electricity.

I know one of our plants is being refurbished which will produce less waste but we still gotta deal with what's there now
I do agree with you that nuclear is better than coal though

Plant mare trees, have a program ran by the US government that pays people that can prove they are US citizens and own property $50 a year for each tree they keep alive on their property that is over 12 feet tall. $100 a year for each tree that is over 50 feet tall. Cut a check not a tree. Is what the program should be called

Right now dams are the only way to really store mass energy though

cant , humans wont listen until it will be too late , earth will burn like venus

whocares ill be dead by the time it fucks up the earth

why do we care, next generation of humans can take care of that shit.

Republican answer: Do nothing
Democrat answer: More taxes, which also does nothing.

Looks like we're fucked either way.

have a nuclear war

nuclear winter cancels out global warming

You can't. It's just not possible for one country to do it alone. You have shithole countries like India and China that have areas that are completely not industrialized still but they're growing towards being like the rest of the developed world. Those places are sending out way more shit than us and you couldn't ever convince them to stop being developed or stop developing their country.

We can do our small part but it's not going to fix of change anything while those type of countries still exist as they are.

We ignore it until everyone is dead. We had a good run as a species but our time is over.

Those taxes are usually carbon taxes which give an incentive to companies to be cleaner.

We nuke the USA, China and India out of existance.

8 billion humans.
Most of those need to die off.

Let chaos reign.

So what you're saying is we should make every country America?

Nuclear is better than any of the current options. Fossil fuels are reliable but dirty. Renewables are clean but unreliable.

i'm freezing , wee need more warmening

And they just move overseas where they won't be taxed for being filthy and they're welcomed with open arms because jobs.

Keep telling yourself that

Leave it to government subsidies man.

No, taxes are ALWAYS bad because the government!

REEEEEEE

what do you think of what this user posted?

lol

How convenient. Each of the three problem countries says that about the other two, so no one does anything because doing so will have no effect.

How do numbers work? Nobody knows, user.

we dindu nuffin
the Earth is fine, just don't look outside

Build windmills on the moon and send the electricity generated back to Earth using wifi.

The trees in the Amazon have a greater effect on combating the levels of carbon in the atmosphere. Planting a tree in the U.S. doesn't help much.

>I don't understand how carbon taxes work.

Futurama.

Only quads can stop it.

Make pollution illegal.

lol

We don't move to save a few bucks on taxes, we move to take advantage of the enormous differential in labor costs and mitigate litigation risk.

If you got paid 100 bucks, I can bet you would have a forest before you knew it.

All I know is taxing things is bad because taxation is theft.

what about russia

didnt trump recently go something like "fuck enviroment lets burn more coal" ?

Was about to say that

How's highschool billy?

Shut down all the coal plants, replace them with water mills

Voluntary extinction

Companies that get carbon taxed pay the tax and nothing changes you dumb nigger. It seems it's actually you that didn't understand. Also see

I don't know, I don't start til next term.

Nuclear fusion. If we manage to make a working reactor it will be the most reliable, sustainable and clean source of energy there is. Also, we have to switch from ICE cars to electric.

if we hold our rancidfarts the global warming will stop

>water mills
Nigger, you need Niagara falls tier water pressure to generate electricity without building massive dams

The real question is: why should we?
The Earth has seen and faced many climate changes and has always survived them.
The only thing that will suffer from global warming is mankind, and maybe the whole animalia kingdom but in the end it doesn't matter to the planet. Life will always make its way, with or without us. It will do better without us, actually.

The water levels are rising though, more water means the mills go faster.

Quad 4s.

Nice job fellow Ontario bro.

Only if you get nothing for your money.
If you get a functioning country for your money, it's not taxes, it's paying a tiny fraction of the actual fucking cost of all the expensive shit you demand from your government, from a hyperbloated military on steroids to artificially cheap energy and continued technological advancement, you shortsighted cave dweller.

You first.

According to science, volcanoes are the biggest producers of co2.. So we need to stop volcanoes

Stick fingers in ears and yell "maga" until science goes away

I don't know.

Toronto represent
Moving to Ottawa in August

will be a change from having them in your ass

That's actually fucking genius...

Lol.

Tell that to Venus.

Also Toronto. Also moving in august. Starting law school.

Are you fucking me? I'm going to Ottawa U for law school

Fukushima has made nuclear politically unpalatable. Simply won't happen.

>Companies that get carbon taxed pay the tax and nothing changes you dumb nigger.
But that's mostly wrong you retard. Most of the bigger companies cleaned up their emissions to avoid that tax. It's hilarious the way you defend big companies who care nothing for you polluting the air and water you need.

Naw I'm not fucking with you. I'm going down south for law school not to Ottawa, but still. Weird coincidence lol.

>1 degree celsius every year for the next 60 years
Where did you get these numbers?

Fukushima was the result of gross negligence by the company responsible for the plant. If we judged an entire industry by one act of gross negligence we would have stopped using oil after the first tanker spill. There's nothing wrong with nuclear power, people are just afraid of it because they're stupid and don't know what's best for them.

Space gonna cool us down. Earth is flat so all emissions go directly into space

>Earth is flat
Not this shit again.

Deep inside his anus.

People make up shit like this so they can absolve themselves of guilt and responsibility: "there's nothing I can do so fuck it"

It's bullshit.

IT ACTUALLY IS!!!!!1!!

Of course...But that's not the point, is it? The point is, what is politically possible has little to do with logic, but has everything to do with perception. The perception is that nuclear is unsafe. That perception will prevail at least until the people who witnessed Fukushima have all died off.

There certainly is a correlation between the use of fossil fuels and the rate of change in temperature, but I've never heard of "1 degree Celsius per year". This would be devastating.

Of course there is.

And yes, 1 degree a year would be the end of everything. The entire world would be panicking if that was the case.

We are not going to, so may as well stop obsessing.

I think an ambitious public education plan would be more effective. The first nuclear power plant went operational over 60 years ago and to date there have been only 3 major incidents, Chernobyl, 3 Mile Island and Fukushima. All of them were the result of either shoddy construction, gross negligence, or both. Think about all the plants that have been running for decades with no problems because they were built right and are operated by people not fucking around with safety systems.

global cooling

All an hero. Problem solved.

>not do anything
>wait a few years
>someone else does it
Problem solved.

>global cooling
This is...
Did we consider this?

China is going to step up to the plate now that America is bowing out. In 20 years China will be cleaner than America is now and we'll be a 3rd world country.

Quick, everybody open your fridge and crank up the AC

The world needs more people like you. Such a helpful and productive attitude.

Here's my source from the institute for energy research that says your full of shit.

instituteforenergyresearch.org/studies/carbon-tax-primer/

Now fuck off with your bullshit taxes faggot