Can anyone give some Sane, logical reasons why smart guns are bad?

Can anyone give some Sane, logical reasons why smart guns are bad?

Note: the following are not logical reasons.

>muh battery will run out
You charge your smartphone every day, so you can charge your smart gun

>muh cost
You spend thousands of dollars kitting out your ar murder weapons, this should be no different.

>muh 22 cal
Then pressure companies to make bigger calibers, that'sthat's how the free markets work.

Being against smart guns is like being against seat belts in cars. Both save lives. Prove me wrong.

Why fix what ain't broke.

>Please refute this argument while abiding by the rules that I set up that apriori rule out your position, can't do it huh, guess I win again.

It is a step away from where i want to go, i want to be able to buy artillery with HE Shells, and to be able to shell the city of Cincinnati

>You charge your smartphone every day, so you can charge your smart gun

good, let's change a constitutional right based on a retarded assumption.
I remember when microsoft assumed everyone in the US had a stable 5Mbps internet connection when they announced the Xbox One, and they certainly didn't stick with that line of thought for very fucking long

t. Sup Forums crossposting fagwad

>'smart' gun
If it takes me more than a day to turn a smart gun into an old ordinary baby killing murder machine gun with no electronic safety, I'll call you back and say it's a good idea

Why are you so upset?
Did you meet a nice girl and just find out her dick is bigger than yours?

Nigger those things cost more than twice the value of my pistol. Fuck that plus you dont put electric things on mechanical working things except to track some kind of data.

Guns already have safety switches, m8. It's called the saftey. If you want to know why no ome wants electronic locks, just ask the military. No one wants a new failure mode in an emergency. The shit has to work 100% of the time you need it

because they will have a secret kill switch the goverment can use to prevent uprising when they go tyranny.

feel free to make them though and let the free market dictate if people will want them.

daily reminder: my brain is my safety

I don't have a problem with smart guns at all.

The problem I have is that I know faggot liberals will make them the only legal type anyone can buy as soon as they're out and I have no interest in owning one.

30000 people are murdered by guns every month, that's what's broken.

The technology is shit.

I've used one at a range it takes well over a couple of seconds for the gun to realize it's in NFC range of the weapon and that you're properly holding it.

Imagine trying to work that shit out while Jamal and DeShawn are invading your house in the middle of the night on top of trying to put the watch on.

IF you want to go ahead and castrate yourself by buying a smart gun go ahead and do so. But don't limit my 2nd amendment rights by outlawing normal firearms.

Funny you should say that. I was just in OTR about a half hour ago. That place should be shelled the most.

>So great that not even the cops want it

Then let's go after the real problem, we don't have a gun problem, we have a nigger problem

>steal smart gun
>remove electronics
>kill people

wow, that author is even more retarded than Horsey, literally all premises are incorrect there.

>requiring a battery to use 1,000 year old technology

Can you buy those "smart" guns anywhere? I remember reading about gun dealers getting death threats for wanting to sell them.

If you have a fingerprint scanner on your phone, you'll know how finicky they are.

>You charge your smartphone every day
I don't own a smartphone, faggot.
>You spend thousands of dollars kitting out your ar murder weapons
No, I don't. Nice strawman, though.
>that's that's how the free markets work.
Only under ideal conditions.

Why not add a laser thermometer to fire extinguishers that prevents their use unless something exceeds 400f?

Horribly inaccurate

>build pipe rifle
>build slam gun
>kill people
Welp looks like we have to ban pipes and metal

>buy gun off black market

A few points.

1. If someone breaks into my home, and my wife can't use my firearm to defend herself because it's locked, what good is owning the firearm in the first place?

2. Smart gun technology will be very expensive.

3. When it comes down to it, a gun is a firing pin, a barrel, and a trigger assembly. it doesn't take a genius to open the thing up and modify it so it can shoot without the smart gun tech in it. This will render the concept obsolete, because the whole point is having a gun that will only fire when the owner uses it.

>adding an extra point of failure for no reason
"Smart" guns

A gun doesn't even need a trigger assembly to be a gun, just make a slam shotgun

This is why I love Sup Forums.
Now and then a truly heroic and patriotic son of the Republic post something this inspirational and stirring.
God bless Ohio...except for Cincinnati.

Why do billionaires still use cheap 509 dollar glocks? less moving parts mean less shit could go wrong

>niggers nigging
>guns are broken

How do you propose the lockout function? It requires a constant internet connection? Does it need to scan the immediate area to determine if the gun is "allowed" to be used?

Legit curious, I want to hear how you propose that this actually works.

>gun only shoots if the owner pulls the trigger while wearing a faggot watch
>dindu breaks into your home
>you're taking a shit upstairs, your wife or son is in the living room
>wife/son can't protect themselves with your gun because you're upstairs taking a shit and they aren't wearing faggot watches

restrict niggers, not guns. a mandatory curfew for everyone that's more than 1/16th black and forced ankle bracelets to make sure the curfew isn't broken.

I'm positive that it wouldn't be simple, and the thugs that do get ahold of stolen firearms don't usually know much about electrical engineering.

>RFID
>1,000 year old technology

What?

If the purpose of guns is to oppose authorities, then it would be counterproductive to build them with a mechanism that disabled it whenever the authorities wanted.
Someone that simply wants a quality device, won't want an attachment that is literally designed to render his purchase worthless.
Also, guns are dead simple machines, that could be altered to remove the mechanism anyhow, so it wouldn't stop criminals.

This isn't unconstitutional, is just dumb. The gun already has a safety and is carried in a secure holster. My guns aren't doing things behind my back. What is something like this suppose to prevent?

/thread

Very true. Also many sub par guns can discharge just by shaking the damn thing. This whole smart gun thing is just fluffy rhetoric spewed by people who don't understand guns.

Obviously anyone who has ever made this argument has never played metal gear solid 4

Wait till after the Bengals choke in the first playoffs game again. They'll agree they deserved it.

>security device with trigger locking chip
i like how the artists assumes that technology is possible and plausible. "Smart guns" are and forever will be a massive failure. Having a gun jam up is already an issue, I don't need some fucking chink to hack into my gun and lock its trigger.

The battery thing is the real issue.

Ever been in a situation where you needed to make a call but your phone was dead?

Now imagine needing to defend your life, but your gun is dead.

>American reading comprehension
do you use rfids to kill people?

because anything higher than .22lr will destroy the electronics when it recoils.

Probably to keep people from stealing it and using it. Which isn't even a good reason, because people would just illegally buy the gun AND watch.

just keep traditional guns and make those smartguns too

boom everyone happy

Aw, damn. The American bantz is approaching Aussies tier.

true but there would be illegal services to folks who wanted the smart removed from their smart guns
There will always be someone out there willing to make a buck of removing security electronics

Black powder is over 1,000 years old. The rest of the parts in both the gun and the ammunition are basic.

Pipes and slam guns can't mass murder a room full of first graders. Nice try though.

My fingerprint scanner works perfectly every time.

Good luck with that, Jamal won't be able to figure it out.

This horseless carriage is shit, it takes forever to start up. We should ban all cars.

reliability.

even with the .22 most prototypes have the electronics break, rather quickly sometimes in less than a 100 rounds. sensitive electronics and explosions don't tend to mix well. That is why smart guns are in small calibers, I guess the versions made with .45 acp broke after a few shots.

Ftfy

Smart guns should be legally required for parents, military, and cops, but not for anyone else.

No one else is really at risk of someone stealing their gun and using it to kill people.

Nice proxy $hil-fag.

You need to go back to plebbit now.

Civilised nations do not need guns, america does.

For the same reason safeties on striker fire guns are bad ideas. Adding additional points of failure to your weapon is a terrible idea if you want to stay alive.

If YOU want to use one, then be my guest, but I'm going to stick with my good ol' dumb gun.

did he died

wow pol btfo

>Smart guns will magically make all guns in circulation disappear

Kek, this

We live in a world where weapon control is impossible

>oy vey goyim buy these shitty guns that break and malfunction that we can disable remotely

Well let's put aside the fact that I don't want to wear a watch to bed.

Ever have the experience of getting in your car and turning on your phone to listen to music synced via bluetooth to the car's audio system only to have it come through your phone's lousy speaker because it didn't connect properly, forcing you to resync it?

Now imagine that procedure with your gun, and 220 pounds of Tyrone busting through your door.

There is none, staunch gun advocates who think the system isn't fucked are just uneducated hicks holding back reform. You can't reason with them.

Those 1960's gun laws sure reduced the crime rate in the UK :^)

We have these places called "Machine Shops" here in Burger-land. All I need is a block of metal, some elbow-grease and a lathe.

Why you here? Don't you have a confused ladyboy to suck off?

>pipes and slam guns can't mass murder a room full of first graders
Ever hear of the Rwandan genocide?
Almost a millions niggers killed, mostly with machetes and blunt objects

perfect

>Adding additional points of failure to your weapon is a terrible idea if you want to stay alive.

Remember kids, if the safety's on, you're as good as dead. Never use it.

Sorry, I'm not taking morality lessons from a ladyboy!

>Jamal won't be able to figure it out.
The one thing niggers are decent at is crime. They'd figure it out.

That's why I bought a glock.

t. glock shill

Because it gives the government an absolute monopoly of force.

That's because they can already get the guns they want from the market and illegal market, take that away and they will build their own

Guns are just tools, user, not unlike yourself. Not inherently bad but can be used for good or evil.

>spend 15 minutes inserting my fingerprint scan, eye scan, blood test, and semen sample into my smart gun
>circuts explode as i take 1 shot of .25 ACP
>nigger puts a bullet between my eyes with an illegal gun he bought from his cousin jaxavier

>no guns will keep me safe

I can't believe I have to point this out, but niggers killing other niggers with blunt objects over a matter of months is not the same as shooting a school up with an automatic weapon in minutes.

Burger education.

>police adopt these
>'Gun jammers' get developed.
>Criminals start jamming cop guns
>??????????

Is this the future you want, or is it the future you asked for?

One point that should be made: the 2nd amendment wasn't written so you can shoot any porch monkeys trying to steal, kill, or rape you. The 2nd amendment was written with the previous rule of Britain still fresh in the minds of our forefathers. They saw that government was dangerous, and wanted a way to ensure that they could be fought off. This leads up to my second point. Any technology is open to interference, and it wouldn't be that difficult for a government to design a device that would jam the technology in a "smart" gun. Smart guns are being pushed on us so that we can be weak in the event of a tyrannical government.

Because FUCK YOU OP

That's why.

>yuh small dick

>Pipes and slam guns can't mass murder a room full of first graders. Nice try though
Sure they can. For some retarded reason, virtually all schools in the US have 1 door to each classroom, so the teacher can control it presumably. But even at say four rounds a minute, any decently sized male should be able to prevent a class of first graders from getting through a doorway he is standing in.

It's fucked up, but you are the one who put it out there.

And how many of those 30000 is society better off without.

>You charge your smartphone every day, so you can charge your smart gun

not everyone has ready access to the power grid you privileged bigot

Holy fucking kek, nice one burgerbro

But don't you want to have an upper hand in case of a nigger savage uprising?

>Pipes and slam guns can't mass murder a room full of first graders. Nice try though.
easy enough to make a home made frag grenade if you want to maul a whole room full of people
>My fingerprint scanner works perfectly every time.
mine doesn't
>Good luck with that, Jamal won't be able to figure it out.
If he can take a stereo out of your car he can probably take a chip out of your gun
>This horseless carriage is shit, it takes forever to start up. We should ban all cars.
Cars are cheaper, faster, and cleaner than a horse and cart
It's not comparable to adding a little gadget to a firearm that makes it potentially useless when you need it most. Any sane person can use a gun cabinet to secure a weapon.

You mean like in Paris and Norway? :^)

If people are so concerned about guns, why don't they try not getting shot?

>Being against smart guns is like being against seat belts in cars. Both save lives. Prove me wrong.

Do you have a source, or are you just speaking out of your ass?

By G*d you're right, this piece of safety equipment should be expedited to the military and police post haste, no longer should we worry about our boys in blue or those across the pond being disarmed and killed with their own weapons. Thank you and G*d bless :)

Because if a corrupt government gets in power they could just subjugate the population by EMPing the fuck out of the US.

Gookus, listen carefully, STFU!
You have NO clue what you're talking about!

Because I won't be able to use it to defend my family and property in the shitstorm that follows the next inevitable massive solar flare.

so you are only upset at automatic weapons?
so all your posts must be directed at switzerland. There are an incredibly low number of old fully automatic weapons in the hands of civilians in the united states.

Why shouldn't every car be fitted with a breathalyzer on the ignition device?