I feel lost. I feel like I'm losing direction and I'm just letting life pass me by...

I feel lost. I feel like I'm losing direction and I'm just letting life pass me by. I'm about to get my bachelors and gonna go into my masters but I feel like I'm missing something inside me. I need a philosophy, a way to live my life that makes me feel complete, like I'm doing the right thing. I'm currently addicted to oxycontin, I feel like my life is just passing by me every day and I'm not milking life the way I should be. Give me some books you think I should read, give me something to read, watch, listen to that will make me feel alive. I want to feel like I'm living life to the fullest extent, what do you recommend

What do you people do that makes you feel good that your alive? I just want to feel like I deserve to live, I need something to motivate me to keep going

Raed Seneca/Marcus Aurelius on Stoicism
Or eat shit, whatvr

Have you considered accepting the Force?

Any specific book, link or whatever? I'm really curious on what it is that keeps you going

Yo where you graduating from?

Shitty university but my bachelor's is in biology, gonna go into plant biotechnology as a masters

Take some time to travel through asia.

Nocera I'm graduating from uc berkeley with bioengineering & comp sci. I too am looking for meaning and purpose

That's not a possibility, currently in debt and have 12 dollars on me, I'd love to but right now, just looking for stuff to read up on

The best I read that helped to develop a purpose were usually Victorian lit particularly Dickens. I also enjoyed Steinbeck very much. But as for actual philosophy, I think the existentialists were very impact full on me, especially heidegger. Start with the question concerning technology by heidegger.

Nice, I hear the smart chemistry majors always be making mad lsd there. I feel like unis give us a good education on what we're doing our majors on, but they don't give me a reason to want to go on, I get no motivation, no philosophy to live by, shit I don't even know how to do taxes or balance a checkbook. I feel like my generation is not trained for real life

If you're open about what death/afterlife could be like I'd recommend you read the Bardo Thodol. It's an interesting read and though I don't believe most of what's written in there, it completely altered my perception of life and the universe and made me appreciate life more.

I'm about to read doors of perception next. This should be interesting as well.

Screenshotting entire thread so I don't forget any recommendations, taking every post to heart here, I have mad appreciation to everyone posting here, I know everyone has either gone or is going through this same feeling, it makes me feel much less alone

Read up on wiki seems interesting, I'm not sure how I feel about the whole afterlife thing but anything that makes me feel like I'm living my life the right way I'm down for

Any other recommendations before this 404s?

Manly P Hall

You could stop being a whiny faggot. That always helps.

Then again, i got it super easy. All i got to do to feel fulfilled is save around 20 to 25k USD so i can buy a caravan and move to germany for uni. Only gonna take like 5 years i hope since i have to take care of my father, help my bro who got fucked over by his ex, and keep two housholds running while saving.

Tried, still a whiny faggot I guess

The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand, gave me huge boost when I was young.

> I don't even know how to do taxes or balance a checkbook

you are supposed to learn that by yourself
Uni is ultimately all about learning to figure everything out by yourself.

I made the mistake in my first few years to assume that everything should be handed to me.

I think what I really meant by that is that people my age haven't been prepared for real life events as well as past generations, I could easily Google how to do that shit and learn it by the end of the day but you know what I mean

I don't think that was the case.

People may have had simpler tasks to fulfil that is all.

Like you said the Internet is a big game changer.
If I would be more motivated I could learn the exact same things like someone who studies almost any subject at a University minus the actual practical things.

The only problem with that is maybe how to tell important information from the rest.
But if you have time that should not be a problem.