check mate

checkmate
cheque, mate.

check mate?

The king's in barney m8

that position is a draw

If he's putting the piece down that's pretty stalemate

thanks!

why sure my good friend, This meme is funny, as it makes fun of australia and them constantly saying 'mate' instead of saying such things as 'dude', 'bro', man, or other things. the position on the chessboard is called 'check-mate', so it would be like asking a waiter for the check, if you were in australia

no check mate

nope, check the different tops on the pieces

>'mate' instead of saying such things as 'dude', 'bro', man, or other things. the position on the chessboard is called 'check-mate', so it would be like asking a waiter for the check, if you w

>is buthurt
>tries to hide it
>is gay

it looks like the square 2 fields next to the horse is black but it actually has the same color as all the brown squares

dude, you don't know anything about chess

Clearly the white chess piece represents the customer, the black representing the waiter. As you can see the customer is walking toward the cashier, who is depicted in a darker shade of wood, this may be some attempt at a racial insult, perhaps implying it's an aborigine. The fact that there are two white pieces surrounding, and flanking this black piece may connotate superiority.

this
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stalemate

is it caturday yet?

just wondering:do you have friends? Taking fun out of everything like that makes you a celldwellar fast.

I never got into chess because of this.
>Strategically force your opponent into a position where their only options are death.
>Lul I didn't lose.

Oh duh, i thought it had to do with like how many posionous creatures they have all over the place so that making through a meal without dying was like checkmate austrailia. Im retarded.

Dude's holding a Queen retards, that is checkmate

Why is it so confusing to play chess with an Aussie? Because every "check" is a "check, mate!"

this is chess not checkers you morons

>You don't know anything about chess
What? No motherfucker. He's just blind and can't differ between the queen and king pieces.

apparently this

It's custom to corner and beat up an abbo after a good meal

The Wikipedia page is a stalemate. The picture OP posted is a checkmate. The white player moved his Queen putting the king in check, because the king can't go anywhere to get out of check its checkmate

this guy gets it

the piece he's holding is a queen not a king, so it is a checkmate

Havn't played chess in years but I'm pretty sure that game is over if you know what I mean.

Check, Mate! TeeHee

can you spell dumb?

Yeah it's dumb as fuck

Maybe it means it takes forever to eat there and that's a long and tediuos task, like cornering a player with only 2 pieces.

That is a white Queen. It´s checkmate.

lowest quality bait I´ve seen in years. Sokolsky/10.

Australians have been playing years of chess while you've all been playing checkers.

Stalemate would be like having an amazing superiority, yet letting your enemy to defense on a siege for years.
It demonstrates your lack of ability to materialize the advantage, so you don´t win. On the other side stalemate are very rare positions that requires great defensive ability, so the weak side fairly won his half point.

yeah but we have been playing with live checkers.
your board game with inanimate pieces is child's play.

On chinese chess (Xiangqi) stalemate is equal to checkmate, and in japanese chess (shogi) is draw but almost impossible to reach it.
Both are very similar to western chess (shogi is even tactically sharper), so you can try those.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xiangqi
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shogi

Then there is Go (Baduk), but that is for higher minds..

You're a fucking retard if you think this way

And the black peice isn't moving the white queen is moving in the for finish. Dumb dumb

it's stale mate you faggots

Check M8

The Queen attacks in diagonal and straight lines. OP picture is a check where the black king has no possible defense, this is, a checkmate.

The king has a cross on its head. The queen has the bulb or nipple on top.

The pieces are rounded, so it's hard to tell on the black one, but if you are confusing the two pieces as the same one, you should be assuming they're queens. Because that piece being held is obviously a queen.

Sorry meant to reply to

Its like saying -"ey mate the bread was a bit stale"
because its stale mate

You cheeky cunt, look at the fucking thread

samefag

Did OP ask for which term in chess that position was? Did any of the others write the same as i did?

Try harder.

>Did OP ask for which term in chess that position was?
first samefag comment: that position is a draw. It´s not answering OP.

>Did any of the others
There is no "others". If someone can´t chess, he will not use the word stalemate. Those are a number of comments purposely saying the same stupidity, so one only troll.