/grimes/

let's talk about this music wonder, claire elise boucher aka grimey aka grimes. you may know her as the artist of the decade.

bunch of stuff to download: reddit.com/r/Grimes/comments/6ci94g/grimes_downloads_various_unreleased_rarities/
a random video: instagram.com/p/BOotTLHAG8u/
vote for venus fly - it's easy, just one click: mmva.muchmusic.com/vote/

remember: be nice to grimes.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Dc1IyX8Fmp8
youtube.com/watch?v=z_vaYhKrgWw
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/mu/thread/72833276/#72838256
instagram.com/grimes/
instagram.com/grimesartofficial/
instagram.com/trashique2/
mmva.muchmusic.com/vote/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

why?

why what?

just why.

FUCKING MIDGET WEEABOO TROLL

FUCK GRIMES!

that's mean. i actually like her

nope. also:

SHE'S A SKELETON FREAK

That a boy? Where's his mommy

that's grimes. cease your shitposting.

just why? why?

That boy is grimey alright. Someone call his mom

youtube.com/watch?v=Dc1IyX8Fmp8

if my life was a grimes song it would be this shitty version

the ukulele is both tragic and comical

grimey is a girl. do you have issues to tell apart a girl from a boy? that's pathetic.

Oh dear. Please cut off that boy's HRT before it's too late.

Aggie OUT

i don't think anyone here cares if she has a cock

youtube.com/watch?v=z_vaYhKrgWw

Stop.

dillweed, i hate her

Give and take dude. If you want to grimespost you need to put up with the consequences.

Did you just threaten me? Dude, you just don't mess with Grimesposters.

>not talking about music on /mu

Grimesposters are just so abusable though.

The joke's on you: you end up being really mad and dumb.

What do you expect from her next album? Something familiar or something completely new?

I THINK I LOVE YOU

Just Grimeth in the woods screaming.

Something slower and more contemplative than Art Angels was, based on what she herself has said. Which is very good news imo since AA was about as type-a bouncy of an album as it gets. Plus I love Darkbloom, and imo that's probably the best example of what Grimes considers slow and contemplative to be.

It would make it better

I want an ASMR album from Grimes.

>Grimes makes music

how do i into grimes if i dont like pop music

you don't

self harm

how do i not have thoughts of rubbing her belly?

Are you new here?
see
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/mu/thread/72833276/#72838256
Then go relisten to pretty much any of her albums. She's even started incorporating binaural microphones (pic related) into her production work as of the final stages of making Art Angels.

Imo that's something else to expect - a lot of new, interesting sonic experimentation using the latest developments in the music technology world like binaural mics for 3D immersive sound and MPE midi controllers (like the Seaboard Rise) for more organic sounding electronic instrumentation.

>Are you new here?
Are you new here?

Realize that she's not attractive.

See pic related. Basically, start at the beginning. And if it isn't for you, it isn't for you.

Oops - forgot pic.

see

im a bit over halfway through geidi primes and i think its p good thanks

Cool.

Would you like if she includes more strings and less synths?

that's awesome! we appreciate that

Learn to like pop music. Learn to enjoy some delicious melodies. For a start, check Geidi Primes and Halfaxa, which have enough experimental bits to keep you interested.

Try Halfaxa next. It's like Geidi Primes but more advanced. Give it time and maybe you will get into her music.

There are many people here (including myself) who didn't even like her music on the first listen.

Previously I would've said more synths. But the more I see what these MPE controllers are capable of doing (bought a used Roli for my home studio setup earlier this year) the less I think it matters desu. These things are capable of sounding just as organic as virtually any analog instrument I've ever heard or played - which is quite a lot, actually.

Oops - previously I would've said more strings, NOT synths...

she has nice hands

On a side note, Claire has the gift of making this generally cold genre (synthpop) to sound warm and organic.

>bought a used Roli
How much is a used one?

Got a 25-key for around $650 with a minor scratch on the metal casing. Tbh though, if these sorts of controllers are your style, then the Roli's are worth every dollar of their retail prices. If/when I have the money, I'd spring for a larger model new in a heartbeat.

GRIMES

why?

Thank you, Captain Obvious.

I'm going to hit grimes with a hammer

Cuz GRIMES

see

*blocks you*

I really like Halfaxa and liked Visions but I absolutely hated Art Angels and I don't know why. Help me

Probably too many Disney princess-sounding vibes for you to handle desu. I know that's what bugs me most about it (and I still like it very much btw.) I just choose to look past that aspect of it because everything else is so great.

>hits himself because he's too dumb

>I absolutely hated
So, it's a thing of the past? Do you still hate it?

Anyway, maybe Art Angels is too cheerful for you. Focus on its lyrics and notice it's not that cheerful as it seems.

i love my claire

>dat gif
wow, she's awesome

correct.

O Claire

Kill this fucking thread already, tired of the grimes faggotry.

Then why are you posting in it? That just encourages others to do the same. And then the thread goes on...

I meant I hated it when I listened to it. And I don't think that's it, I do enjoy cheerful-sounding music. Maybe I just don't like the vibe of it.

Why r ppl so triggered by her?

I'm listening to "Visions" right now. It's so intense

because she doesn't post on the internet anymore

>what did he mean by this
instagram.com/grimes/
instagram.com/grimesartofficial/
instagram.com/trashique2/

why is Geidi Primes so early 90's?

instrumental for realiti?

Yes?

I want to dominate her

Not music related desu.

Why would you?

All Art Angels instrumentals were uploaded somewhere, pretty sure you'll find them on reddit.

i hope our grimey is sleeping well

I heard she's a vampire

close the garage door

breathe in the gas

yes and she can also travel through time and switch her gender

I think ill be something like Life In A Dream from Art Angels. Like something a bit more gothic sounding that will really show off her songwriting ability.

I'm most likely completely wrong, but thats what Im hoping. I doubt it will be anywhere near as poppy as AA.

I have just voted for Claire. I hope you too.
mmva.muchmusic.com/vote/

I vote for her everyday

It really is. Intense yet catchy.

>I doubt it will be anywhere near as poppy as AA.
Same. Claire doesn't like to repeat herself, so I'm pretty sure it will be quite different than Art Angels. Maybe it will be more like Julia Holter or Bjork, maybe it will be more like Underworld or even Nine Inch Nails.

In any case it will be catchy as fuck.

she's a good girl

She's a smartass. People didn't like Mozart (or Frank Zappa for that matter) for much the same reason.

why does she need 3 instagrams?

1. one is the official one
2. another one is for artwork (to not spam then main one with her art/other people's art)
3. another one is for a side project with hana called trashique. this is mainly for fun. this is a very low key account.

Garages don't have gas fumes in them, numb nuts.

>girl