So I really front have anyone to share my excitement with...

So I really front have anyone to share my excitement with. For the last six years I have been busting my ass and working for less then 20k a year. With no college degree. Just plain hard work and making myself a valuable asset I was offered a position this morning. For just over 120k a year only working 8 months. With the opportunity to work the other 4 months for another 60k. Now I know it's not a lot of money to some and there is always a possibility for it to end. What should I do to invest in my future. There has to be someone here that has some kinda of experience with investing and making money from money.

What's your job?

Don't waste it on whores, also hire a broker with good rep

new job is an avionics position with some new aviation technology.

Buy property, rent it out.

First of all, if you have 401(k) options, use them. Deposit as much as is comfortable. Especially if your company will match.

My parents have worked with a broker for years but their profile is set up with very minimum risk and I do know that usually results in very little return. Should I invest in both low risk and medium risk...broaden my coverage?

INVEST, there's nothing like passive income.

I'd say it depends how much do you need the extra income? If you don't need it at all, get low risk for a long time.

I understand investing and I understand rental properties my parent own a lot. But what do I invest in? Or do I let a broker manage that aspect? I do t like the idea of paying someone to manage my money. My friends have always said I'm a Jew when it comes to money and I like to save where I can. What things are good investments?

Does anyone have an experience with things like Etrade. Or any insight on something like that. I never thought of an opportunity like this so I never put in thought about it.

Hookers and blow

Be a pimp and a coke dealer? I tried the coke dealing shit once I didn't like how sketch people were.

In the past 7 days I have taken 5000.00 USD, turned it into 15000 USD and withdrawn 13500 USD (after brokerage fees) by investing in

Ripple
Lightcoin
and Stellar Lumens.

Stocks are for slow people who believe in Murrica
Savings accounts are for morons
Hookers are for people without vision
Property is somewhere between savings and stocks but with more taxes and phonecalls at 11am complaining about clogged toilets (i own 11 rental units)

Yeah like stated before I know about rental properties. And I don't want to hire someone for things that I can do but I don't want to deal with bs like that.

And that is a great short return honestly

Lemme guess... installing ADS-B solutions?

to be honest, once you have money the world looks a little bit brighter, and food tastes a little bit better. The more you have, the more options you have. So focus on getting out from under people's thumb as quickly as possible would be my only advice.

Everything else (except maybe health) will come after that on its own.

holy shit,is that motherfucking Meg White?
Also sauce.
Also good luck

This.
Seriously though, anything you can use to make money is a good investment. You're not afraid of hard work, so a suggestion most won't have, if you have some experience with tools and shit, buy some, buy a house you can afford, renovate that bitch over the years. Always have a project.

Congratulations on your new job. Happy to hear a story where hard work pays off.

You are likely looking at paying much higher income taxes than you would expect.

Make sure tax withholding is enough to cover what you'll owe next year.

Reduce that burden by taking advantage of any pre-tax savings opportunities your job offers. If they don't, talk to an accountant and set up some retirement vehicle that gives you as much pre-tax savings as possible.

In terms of investments, big risk = the possibility of big rewards but it isn't a sure thing and you could lose all you earned, or even more if you were to employ leverage. Don't gamble what you can't afford to lose.

Mutual funds let someone else spend their time monitoring individual investments. There's a value to that, in that you just do you.

Good luck. Seek professional advice.

>But what do I invest in?

Low cost index funds are the best long term plan.

This is also intaxed income. Until its re appraised, it's worth what you bought it for as far as uncle Sam is concerned

401K with company matching is usually common for better companies. Roth IRA's. One thing I always thought of doing was if I ever hit it rich, I would buy govt bonds that mature at different points throughout my life so if shit ever went south I would have a regular source of income. That requires a lot of starting money though. Personally, I would pay off ALL of my loans (house care student, whathaveyou). Start with the smallest loans first (as a reverse snowball effect) before I spend anything. But I would definitely see if your position will match any 401K investments. Plus, tax deductions up to 5,500/yr for retirement planning.

No unmanned side

Buy vanguard index funds. VTI. Keep it in there until you study about finance more

Make the money go right I to brokerage, and set a reasonable budget for yourself. It will be very easy to overspend if $$$ is just sitting in your bank. You want to get it into stocks asap with every paycheck

assuming this is true, I hate myself a little more. I am more intelligent than average and yet I have this shitty job and going nowhere.
How can you triplicate like this? These actions triplicated their value in 7 days? Is that even possible?
How old are you?

>but thats gambling bro.
and spreading information about successfull gambles like that is good investment advice is just despicable

if you had knowledge of those coins developments in the last week, you would have made significantly >300% returns.
if you didnt - your numbers appear look like that - you should have kept some distance from crypto games.

its not unlikely, atleast.

crypto stuff can be traded with ginormous leverage AND the base tokens/coins values already widly fluctuates, so *ten*fold RIO isnt that unusual.
though, with the majority of people, reduction to zero is the more common case (the money to achieve those tenfold increases must come from somewhere, after all).

if you want to daytrade crypto, you need to invest so much time [into avoiding eventually averaging out to negative RIO] that its probably not worth - unless you already have a good starting budget so those percentage mean something real).

Last week the top 30 cryptos were all in the green.

This week less so, but average percent increase (if you were spread evenly among all 30) would be about 40% in 7 days.

When all of them are going up I feel comfortable saying that the whole thing has enough inertia not to do a sudden turn within a few days.

So you buy, hold for 7 days, and sell.

Then you see where it's going. Right now it's kinda boring compared to last week.

Ripple says they're doing something big with banks, lite is looking like it's favored by the chinese because of restrictions from government on other buys.

It is gambling, but in the same way that poker is gambling if you count cards.

Sure you can get screwed which is why you dont put in all your money. Duh. But all you have to do is not get screwed more often than you do.

I appreciate your advice on what is despicable or not.

I am in my late 20s.

See if/how much of a 401k match you can get. I had a similar 2-year contract at $80/hr which I negotiated up to $85/hr for the second year (healthcare IT). The best way to shore up your long term bet: make sure you save 10k into your 401k during your contract because you can take up to 10k out of a 401k to be a first time home buyer without being taxed. Now that you're dealing with big money, whatever you can do to avoid taxes is wise.

You also might want to see what your new tax bracket's maximum contribution to your 401k is. Contributing up to the maximum means you get less per pay check, but it can help you avoid being pushed into a higher tax bracket and giving more schmekels to the tax man.

This guy gets it.

For how long have you been doing that?
Did you/will you always keep on with the 1 week holding time?
What about the original Bitcoin itself? Arent all the others just measured in comparison to that?

>also, nice tits. have some, too

Is there some kind of more safe investment to do, especially for people in Europe? Or do you think mostly cryptocoins is what manages to make you get such a good deal in a short time?

could you please explain this more?

Diversifying risk is a very integral part of investing to both try and minimize loss and to get better returns at the same time. A good broker will know this and imho learning how to invest your money is pretty fun and easy.

I have been treating crypto as an index fund for probably a little bit less than a year.

It's not a primary source of income, but it's a fun game to play. Last week was a bit unusual by the way. But generally the market seems to be expanding rapidly as of late, and i would be surprised if everything tanked.

I would say that i'm never more than 10% of liquid assets invested into crypto.

Bitcoin is slow and steady. It's been going up for the past 2 years. But it's also expensive... and slow. So i think it's kindof a 'boat has sailed' thing. Also... and I have absolutely no basis for this... to me it feels as if it's going to go down about 20% in the next month.

No, i dont always hold for 1 week, there are a few times when i have gone 'oh fuck this shit' and sold early if i started to experience big losses.

the reason why i said 1 week is because day trading is dumb unless you are really into it. like you know where the pump and dump is coming from, or you know something other people dont. So 1 week is code for 'stick it in for a bit and dont mess with it'

i would say that if you have 20k you dont know what to do with it would almost be foolproof to stick 1k into the top 20 and leave it for a year.

which is the primary source of income?

bumping these