Can someone explain why so many adults like this show? It's so juvenile...

Can someone explain why so many adults like this show? It's so juvenile. It reminds me of the autistic Minecraft demographic.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GPu94WTuR44
encyclopediadramatica.se/Manchild
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Because you live in the manchild generation. Watching cartoons, playing video games, and getting excited for superhero movies are acceptable hobbies for 30 year old men now.

It appeals to basic human emotions. Its themes are universal.

Yeah but watching a cartoon that actually has something resembling jokes and a sensical plotline is one thing. Adventure Time seems only a few notches above Teletubbies in its complexity.

fun adventure show featuring (and this is the important part) two male leads who spend the whole time broing it up and being best friends

It's like the early seasons of Supernatural, but (like supernatural) it eventually turned into a boring show for girls about relationship drama

literally nu-male the cartoon

It just sounds like it appeals to your latent homosexual fantasies. This hasn't answered OP's question.

True, but adding in some melodramatic moments and hints of "deep lore" is enough to fool them into thinking this is "so mature for a kids show".

>two male leads who spend the whole time broing it up and being best friends

You're gay, right?

Seasons 1-2 are unironcally good for a kids show. Good writing and great dialogue.

It's over after that. It became the front runner for the 'kids shows can talk about depression and real issues' movement and got adopted by tumblrites far and wide.

This is exactly why people like this show. Men being friends is some appealing shit when everyone everywhere tells you that any affection at all is homosexuality.

God I get so embarrassed when I think back to when I watched this show as a 21 year old. I even brought a t-shirt to try an impress a girl who wouldn't stop talking about the show. I literally cringe when I think about it.

youtube.com/watch?v=GPu94WTuR44

Male friendship is one thing, "broing it up" is obviously a macho cover for latent homosexual desires that someone is covering up.

faggot, jew or woman detected.

And I'm out.

Oh fuck off.
People cant be best friends anymore?
Not everyone can be as apathic and autistic like you user.

The phenomena to which you refer doesn't exist. If people are telling you you're being a bit gay with your male friends, you're being a bit gay with your male friends.

There's nothing wrong with being gay. You sound insecure about something.

Maybe Season 1 and some of Season 2. Then it gets too heavy in romance drama. Jake has kids for some reason. Marceline turns into a 2deep4u character. Finn has some weird episodes where he has wet dreams and his girlfriend leaves him, so he fucks all the princesses. Show was fun adventures at first, but now even the showrunner Penn Ward has left. Rebecca Sugar, who wanted to expand on the universe, left for Steven Universe.

I actually came to Sup Forums in the first place because a girl I liked was into film and I was like '/television and film/ will teach me about film'. 6 years later I never got the girl and I'm still on Sup Forums

he's probably another twisted in the head faggot.

But did you learn about film?

no not really

I've seen one episode, and I can't remember a single thing about it, other than the dog trying way too hard and the kid being an actual autist. This shit reminds me of that one kid in grade 5 who loved Bob the Builder because 'lol so random xD'.

The first two seasons were actually a lot of fun but then it got boring.

Friends and Big Bang Theory are numale: the sitcoms

Trippey artwork and grim background connotations that entertainingly clash with the tone.

I watched the first few series and got bored after they revealed the ice wizard's origins.

>Rebecca Sugar, who wanted to expand on the universe, left for Steven Universe.
Well that explains why that's a piece of shit

This. Also, it has great characters, it's creative, it's funny, and it has a vibrant animation style.

Penn is still working on the show just not a show runner since he couldn't take the pressure. SU is shit.

Because it's "chill" and "comfy".

It's background noise for people without attention spans, or friends with weed over.

>Suddenly present day technology is everywhere and in mint condition
>Marceline walks around in the daylight without a hat
>Romance shit
>Starring Lena Dunham
I stopped caring when the writers stopped caring.

I really ought to go back and watch the good episodes again, but the show got so bad it just puts a foul taste in my mouth thinking about it.

fuck yeah!

Yeah. People should really stop watching these manchild shows. I see, that they include adult humour, but these shows are still produced by Joos with the goal to lower peoples mental age.

this

I was a huge fan, and that at some point, I'm not sure where, it started getting shit

in hindsight, i think it's because it started turning into a drama and stopped being fun

Well, you're an idiot, so no, nobody can explain to you why non idiots would like it

direct him to /x/ dickhead, I don't want that trash

>Friends
>numale
>a show that ended literally over a decade ago
>numale: the sitcom

There are starving orphans in Africa who!'ll never get to shitpost on Sup Forums and this is the kind of thing you're going to post, despicable

The first season was this pleasant, whimsical thing.

I think it was a refreshing palette cleanser of a cartoon at first. Now it's become a franchiser, blander, and dumber and more about the fandom around it.

Truth hurts, doesn't it?

Tell me what is the main goal of breeding a generation of basement dwelling manchilds and stoners who keep watching child shows.

Not to mention all the furry shit these shows usually include.

You obviously got the better of the deal. I'll be your girlfriend.

Infantilization Agenda

>goal
you assume a grand insidious purpose

said manchildren have to first like the show, right?

deterioration of society through large, ever changing processes is a better theory than the joos

Removes them from the genepool, strengthening 'le white race'?

Kek, that isn't what you wanted me to say is it?

Seriously though there is no nefarious plot, its just entertainment made by some dude, who likely uses its success to fuck all the cos-players at conventions. This 'mental degradation' spoopy bullshit is just spoopy bullshit.

Have fun:
encyclopediadramatica.se/Manchild

This.
I'm sure most have the people in this thread haven't seen more than one episode.

The basis of all motivations are sexual.

t. Freud

....sorry, what point did you feel you were making?