Ask a lawyer anything

Ask a lawyer anything

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/8HTVson6VPQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Is a car dealer liable for costs incurred as a result of a defective car? lost time/productivity for businesss, costs incurred resulting from travelling 1000km round trip to get vehicle repaired?

Why do they say germany isn't an independent country but "Besatzungsland" ?

Brand new $70 000 car btw. Electronic/cruise control defects

Are you fucking gay or what?

Why do Indians get to shit on the street but I cannot even shit on American streets that I pay for with my taxes

Is bestiality footage illegal to possess?

Are you a lawyer?

cause youre a fucking faggot

My dad died with a lot of debt, both to the irs and his mortgage etc. Since his death crediters have been calling my cell, I assume looking for someone to take on his debt. I've just been ignoring the calls. They're quite annoying though. Can I make them stop? And should I worry about the debt? Tits for answer.

Possibly, yes. It depends what they told when you bought the car. If it's new, then you should check how long the warranty was for. If inside the warranty, you should contact the dealership. If outside, how far outside?

Is it a minor or major defect?

in any event, it would be hard to recover losses arising from lost time/lost business unless it's a commercial vehicle which you purchased. Or if you told them before buying that you were going to use it for commercial purposes.

Not if you didn't make it yourself.

keine ahnung

Which field of law?
Where did you take the bar?
Large or small firm? Associate, partner?
Age?
Yearly income?
How many hours per week do you work?

Depends what the source of the debt is. It its from a company, and you are also a member of the company, they can claim against you.

If it's unrelated to you, they can still get claim his property from his estate. If you're the executor of his estate (you're the one sorting out what happens to his stuff), there's a good chance they won't stop.

Ultimately, you won't get in trouble if you ignore them, unless you start ignoring court summons. Then lawyer up and use the will money to pay for it.

Yes i purchased it as a business vehicle, under an ABN (Business registration number).

What kind of lawyer should I consult regarding this?

Commercial and company mostly. Familiar with most areas of law. Studied it for 4 years, undergraduate and postgraduate. Advise on family and crime sometimes.

London.

Barrister - so I'm self-employed. It works differently to the US system.

£110K+ (sterling)

Depends because I'm self-employed. Anywhere from 20 to 50 hours.

You want a commercial lawyer. This is contract law.

Which Chambers?

Two questions for you OP,
Do amblanc chasing lawyers know that they are cunts when they sue both the insurance company and the other party involoved just to get as much money as possible?

And what advice do you have for the.above situation?

Other driver broke a toe, both cars totalled, guy ran a yellow light, I was turning left (already in intersection when light turned yellow).

not saying sorry

I don't understand, sorry. Can you give me more detail? What are 'amblanc chasing lawyers'?

So I was caught spray painting a highway ramp 2 months ago. This is my first offense and the tagging wasn't gang related, it was a squid. I'm a student, have not had a record.

What can I expect? My bail bond was $3000. I just don't want jail time because I have school in the summer.

ambulance chasers... for a lawyer, you're not very sharp

can i get away with robbing a bank?

That's the thing, there is no will money or estate. He owed more to the irs than his house was worth, stopped paying on the house... so because he didn't own the house we can't inherit it... the bank never evicted him because proceeds would have just gone to the irs anyway... He had nothing when he died and 3 years later his house is still sitting vacant and no one has claimed it.

I'm a degenerate and dating my half sister, different father's so different last names, in the United States. I heard there were a couple places that may have legal loopholes because of this autistic LGBT love equality thing, so is there a way/place to marry, or be legal in any sense?

he's britbong

maybe it's more of an american colloquialism

Dude real shit :/ my 11 years old little cousins got raped by a 28 y old bastard, after some time in the hospital they took her without Préparation to a face to face with he culprit to confront version, obviously she was scared and disoriented and the fuckin police requalified the rape to "sexual attouchements (because she was "willing" or its wrong) I'm refraining myself to kill the man myself and don't know what to do..
I'm in shitty France btw

I'm not even a native speaker and found it easy enough to understand

Yes, well, we have nationalised healthcare here, so we don't have much of an issue with barratry.

You didn't give me more detail so I can't help you.

Pro tip: don't insult the intelligence of the lawyer offering free legal advice. They'll just walk away.

I'm not OP of the question

I highly doubt you will get jail time. First offence, youth, student. If found guilty I would expect a fine or community order (or both).

can my friend get sued for making videos like this; youtu.be/8HTVson6VPQ

?

>Préparation
>attouchements

>I'm in shitty France btw
no shit Sherlock

My friend is going through a difficult divorce on the grounds that his wife has been unfaithful their whole marriage and before. He found out and presented documented proof which the court is honoring. He wanted a court-ordered paternity test for their one year old daughter, but the judge denied it under some statute. What gives? How or why would any judge with sense deny a man paying for a child with a confirmed adulterous mother a paternity test?

OK. It would be hard to have your name put on the title deed because of the outstanding loan on it...

After a certain number of years, they can't bring a claim against the property. You should check the limitation period for bringing claims against estates where you live (if US, either Federal or State level limitation, would guess Federal). I would talk to a lawyer in person. They'll be able to help more than I can. Alternatively, you can just wait until they give up trying to contact you.

I don't know about that, sorry. You always run the risk of the marriage being declared a nullity even years after you were married, even if you managed to find a loophole.

You cant run a yellow light, you're alowed to enter an intersection on a yellow, thats why it doesent go from green to red. If you hastely tureded into his path you are at fault, your being in the intersection waiting is irelevant. If you dont understand how traffic lights work no wonder you hit somebody.

would my age matter? i'm 20, not 18.

but thanks, it makes me feel better

I have a misdemeanor warrant for bailing misdemeanor probation in Washington will that show on computers in Cali?

Asking for friend

Right, obviously don't kill him. (great advice I know)

You should contact the police again. Tell them what they did is not good enough. They should have interviewed the child separately from the 28 year old. This is standard practice. If they refuse, threaten to report them. The police should never interview the alleged victim of sexual violence with the alleged perpetrator present, exactly because of the situation you described - the alleged victim will probably be scared.

Also the age of consent in France is 15. There is no way she could have consented or have been "willing". Tell the police that as well.

This smells of serious incompetence by the police. I would get a lawyer.

20 is still young

you're welcome

Ah, it's all good. Thank you for your time.

why are you all two faced cunts?

I'm not that good at cross-state stuff. I'm *guessing* that if you were found Guilty of the offence, it would show up on your record, no matter where you were in the country.

But would the warrant even show up?

Why do you judge people based solely on their profession?

I do free legal advice clinics because I enjoy helping people, and I find law fun in a sadistic kind of way. Obviously it's good to be paid a reasonable amount of money considering what I do is often complex and I spent 6 years of my adult life getting to this point.

Probably. You should deal with it instead of letting it fester like a nigger.

No. I didn't think about it properly. If it's just a warrant issued because you breached a bail condition, I would be very surprised if it showed up.

What do you do for a living

I'd love some insight if you've got the time.

That would depend on the statute. Can you provide me with a link to it? Unfortunately if the judge relied on statute it's unlikely he/she did so wrongly.

Oh, I don't doubt the competence of the judge. It just seems that in a western civilized justice system, given the overwhelming evidence, the judge would understandably grant the paternity test. I'm afraid by the time I get any info from my friend, this thread with have 404'd. Thank you for the response.

my exfag boss trick me into helping him to put the lease of his restaurant under my name, we dont talk to each other anymore since he stole $2500 of credit card money, anyway i could leave that contract (my big fear is that he is not paying rent and the broker will go after my ass) he is an total ashole, hatian motherfucker...

The judge is bound by statute, no matter his personal feelings about the case.

you are liable for the rent because your name is on the lease.

you could argue that you only signed it due to "duress" (basically, strong pressure) from your boss, but that would depend on how he 'tricked' you.

Honestly I would get proper legal advice. The cost would most likely be a lot less than the rent you would be liable to pay.

how about if he "trick me" into getting a percentage of the company (wich it never happened), it has been around a year since all this happened

Do you enjoy better call Saul?

I recently inherited a 1/2 interest in the gross revenue of a natural gas lease. I was crunching some numbers yesterday when I realized that I've only been getting paid 1/2 of the net revenue, causing me to be underpaid by quite a lot of money.
It turns out that the division order was fraudulently written so as to instruct such improper division.
What can I do?

If you can see the numbers don't add up on a preliminary check, you should get a lawyer. They can exert some pressure to try and get the money you are owed, and if that doesn't work proceedings should be brought against those responsible. Obviously, that depends on the evidence you have. Fraud is a very serious allegation and you need strong proof for it. If you can prove it, you can get the money you are owed and the losing side will have to pay the costs.

I love it. I hate Suits. The best is Silk.

I hired an attorney to help me get divorced. He said he would do it for free, but take a cut of whatever assets he could keep away from my wife.
The divorce was finalized 4 months ago, and I was awarded 1/2 of our shit basically, except for the assets we hid.
But now my attorney keeps telling me he won't give me any of my shit until I agree to pay him a bigger cut.
Any tips on breaking into his office to get my shit back?

No way.
You're definitely too expensive.

This sounds like a breach of a service contract. It's simple contract - he agreed to do something and is trying to change the terms after the contract has been performed (performance here = lawyering your case).

So, you should send him a strongly worded email/letter and include evidence of your contract. Hopefully this contract is in writing and not an oral contract... You can say in your letter than you will instruct a lawyer to recover the sums he is holding and seek punitive damages... (this is just to apply pressure on him to cave in)

How many blow jobs have you gotten from clients

zero :( but it definitely helps my tinder game

Is it worth becoming a criminal lawyer in this decade?

I need a felony expunged, is this something I should try to handle myself or should I hire a lawyer?

I copped out to a plea where I agreed to take a felony and do a program for mental health for one year. Upon completion of the program the felony drops to a misdemeanor. But then I get 3 years of probation. Is there anyway to get the 3 years cut down? Through advocacy from my program maybe? A kind judge?

Are you a lawyer?

yes if you enjoy it

ideally hire a lawyer...that's my advice

If you show some one Jail bait, can you get in legal trouble?
Also
Are you a Jew?

What do you do for a living

Hi, I'm a lawyer in México, as a lawyer in the USA do you have to pass the bar exam in every state that you litigate ? here in méxico you are licensed to litigate in every state.

Your a lucky duck to practice in England, because common law makes sense. Throw in the UCC and everything goes straight to fucking hell.

Because that's what we are.

America occupied us after WW2 and never left.

We are even complicit in American war crimes by allowing them to use Ramstein as a drone relay station and CIA hub.

We don't even have our own constitution, but a preliminary Grundgesetz.

In the most US states, it is unethical for a lawyer to take a contingency fee in a divorce case and such arrangements are not enforceable.

This is exactly what your attorney did. So check to see if the laws in your state allows for such a fee arrangement. If not, he would be subject to discipline if you report him to the bar.

What's the strangest case you had to deal with?

Are I legal?

Advice OP

Raped by mudslime

Sounds like you need a coup, germanon.

Forgot the "?"

Is intention a large factor in terms of the judges outcome in their final statement

Sorry, ambulance chasing lawyers.
And what details do you need?

you may be able to appeal it, yeah. It really depends. Google your own jurisdiction and find out if the 3 years is mandatory or there is discretion to lower it.

Try to talking to your probation officer if you have one?

Entirely depends on why the case is in court i.e. it depends what the case is about. If the case involves fraud, intention is highly relevant. If it involves crime, it is usually relevant. Other areas not so much.

erm...

One guy was fired from work and his wife wanted to divorce him because he cheated on his wife ONE TIME and contracted HIV/AIDS.

Another one the defendant kicked down court stand and ran away kek

I was in the intersection already, he ran the light and hit me just as I had started to move. He was going maybe 60mph to beat the light. I was issued a ticket due to me wanting to turn when the light was not a green arrow.

Do I have amy thing working for me as a reasonable defence?

Nah, we're Germans, we never revolt, we do as we're told.

The only coup you're going to find her is a Coup Danmark.

What branch of law do you practice? Civil or criminal?

I'm going to be starting law school this fall at New York Law School.

Civil. Answered in more detail above.

ahh okay, thanks

I heard many angles, but lets say a drone flew into your airspace or backyard, are you allowed to take it out, or destroy it. Or is it even illegal because it invaded your space

I was arrested at 17 and charged with possession of controlled substance pg 2 less than 1 gram. They had me do Pretrial Diversion since I was young and I did gay ass rehab for it but failed the rehab. Yet months later I got a letter from the District Attorney saying I completed my pretrial diversion and that it was done with. So I tried to join the military and they won't let me because of the arrest. I ask my lawyer wtf and he says the district attorney still has the case pending and I have to be $700 to complete shit. Why the fuck did he send me a letter saying it was completed if the case is still pending? It was "completed" more than a year ago. Also, why does the government try to financially rape everyone who gets in trouble?

Because the government needs money. They don't need justice. It matters little to them that you're guilty or innocent. So they try to make money from all parties at every chance they get.

If you already have a completion letter it probably means it was completed but you haven't paid the fees so it's pending. I would show the military the letter and say it's completed but you're broke and are just waiting for cash to pay the fee.

During the times in which there is a madman on the loose like Stevie Steve would it be legal for groups of /k/ supporters to walk around the areas he's prowling to try and draw him out in order to take him out themselves

No, you do not have authority to commit murder, unlike the police. If he poses a threat to you, depending on the state you live in you may be able to shoot him, and even shoot to kill, but hunting him would probably get you in serious trouble.