Bass guitar is pretty easy, man
you've got no worries

gimmie

I'm not superstitious, but I am poor and desparate

bass is super fun and it's never too late

I need this

what about drums?

YEE

Drums will probably take more time, effort and money than bass, but it's doable. Again, it's never too late to start playing music! The only thing stopping yourself from gitting gud is you.

Never played drums, they don't seem too difficult just judging the mechanics of it

I agree with this, OP. It is absolutely NEVER too late to start.

and also want that $100

This desu
Bass will give you a lot of intuition that you might not pick up playing guitar too, at least I'd you're playing rock-derivative music. I don't play the drums, but I'd assume the same would go for them.

yes

this comment is cancerous
I do need the money tho

I play guitar, bass, synths, piano, and program my own drum samples, can sing and have made everything from pop music, folk, and experimental electronic music.

I didn't even really pick up guitar until I was around 19, and I don't really do dumb stuff like shredding, but I usually compose for multiple instruments and do everything myself.

Bass is extremely easy to learn and if you're already a guitarist then you know how to play bass. It's not a guitar in the sense that you don't play chords. In many genres I like the bass playing more than the guitar playing.

Drums are hard to be good at. At the very least you could be competent at them. For instance, I've "played" drums, and while it may do for a track, it's nowhere near as good as having a dedicated drummer play it. Percussion is really the one thing that I notice with a rock band other than the guitar.

yes

Bassists are useless unless they're black.

Drummers are always useful, and if you learn that first you can have time to learn anything else or find a band to play in.

plz meme magic

drums
started playing when I was like 9
if you don't have a good sense of rhythm to begin with, it's too late.
if u can tell u keep good time, you've air drummed to songs, you tap when you're bored, if you can clap along to songs, etc go for it because you naturally have the rhythmic ability to be good at drums.

>if you don't have a good sense of rhythm to begin with, it's too late.
>if u can tell u keep good time, you've air drummed to songs, you tap when you're bored, if you can clap along to songs, etc go for it because you naturally have the rhythmic ability to be good at drums.

See, this is what I'm talking about, drums are very important because you need to have a sense of rhythm, if you're shit at drums it definitely won't help you in any way. You can be shit at guitar or bass or keys and no one would notice, but drums are an entirely different story.

you can become an okay drummer without a drumkit

>you can become an okay drummer without a drumkit

It's still not a good drummer, and a good drummer is an opportunity you should never pass up as a band.

im 1000€ in debt dont lie please

fuck (You)

How do I learn how to play piano like this?
youtube.com/watch?v=XCqxuORnoes
What kind of tricks do you have to know to be able to pull off this kind of playability?
Also, I kind of just want to be able to jam on piano so what would I need to know to be able to hear a guy on drums and a guy on bass and play along?
Does 2-5-1 philosophy go out the window during jam sessions with pentatonic scale playing guitar players?

Eyy

ok

It depends. I occasionally jam with jazz musicians, and as a keyboards player, you're similar to the bass guitar, in which you are carrying some of the other instruments. My philosophy is that you don't always have to control the music, but you can shift in in various directions. The most important thing is learning how to adapt to the various key and scale changes. That takes a lot of "studying" (learning key signatures and listening for notes and playing along) In terms of physically learning to play like this, I recommend that you get your hands used to stretching about an octave, and that you practice moving up and down the keys with classical music. Just my opinions

Started drumming lessons a year ago. Going strong and not losing motivation, but gotta admit progress on this instrument is nothing like what I imagined. It feels like there are infinite things to train on doing all the time and trying to integrate them is especially taxing.

post music

>post music
Why would I post my music on Sup Forums? Come on now, I have bigger fish to fry.

Been singing for 12 years (w/ vocal training)
Playing guitar for 7 years.
Playing piano for 3.

I can play anything with strings.

The first instrument is the hardest, then the next one is kinda tough. After that you can pick up new instruments and music theory extremely easy.

It's not too late. I started when I was 12, but that doesn't mean anything. I didn't get serious until I was 17 when I joined a band. I'm 20 now.

It's just about how hard you try. 10 good hours is more beneficial than 100 hours of no effort playing along with your piano class (like me).

Also I've been making albums for about 10 years now and know enough about production/mixing to produce for other people.

b/c i wanna hear it

u

yes please

I'm 26 OP, my main instruments are bass and piano. I also play guitar.
It depends. See, I play bass, but I also own an upright bass: it's nothing like a bass guitar, and even after 5 years, I can't play it as good as I play the bass guitar.

this year, I learned how to play the banjo and the ukulele. never really played a real drum set, sometimes I record a little tracking beat with a couple of drum sticks a friend of mine gave me.

go for for it, and play bass

Can you possibly tell me the chords or the scale of that song??

HEY HO NIGGERS HAVE GOT TO GO

ohhh yes

Literally anything is hard to be good at most people who play instruments suck

Thanks man

I'm 23. I recently started playing the bass and found it easy (i've been playing guitar since i was 15, but i'm not pro by any means).

I think you wouldn't have much trouble learning bass, OP. Drums as first instrument is kind of a hassle and quite a lot more difficult to progress in my opinion.

It depends on what kind of music you want to play, of course.

I want to believe

gib plz

is magic real?

>IT'S NEVER TOO LATE
actually sometimes it's really too late

Been playing guitar for 10 years
learning instruments is a waste of time, don't do it

o

Okie