Is living in a shed doable?

is living in a shed doable?

Well, lets consider what you would "need" to do that

>livin in a shed

Yes, only problem is.

Where would u take a shower/shit

And does it have power outlets so u can plug in heaters n stuff.

You need a way to remove waste. This would include feces and urine, as well as daily trash buildup. You also need some method of food storage if this is a long term thing. Access to water is a must as well, since you have to be able to clean yourself and have clean drinking water. The building would probably need insulation of some kind as well to be comfortable for cold seasons, and ventilation for summer. Its doable, there are just things to consider

All of these. What climate are you in first off?

I would suggest going to /out/ for ideas of alternate ways to preserve food if energy is a factor. Also, how much are you able to modify this shed? And could you afford a small woodstove?

Why? Make... actually just watch Alaskan bush people and get inspired?

What you think you sre better than Ted Kazinski?

My friend Ben has been doing it for the past 3 years. If you're okay with no tv or internet. Little contact with people other than going to the store.

a solar pannel and a couple deep cycle batteries
mobile for sending emails
and a deep hole for shitting in

CHECK MATE rental market

a hose will do me fine

I've lived in a shed for the last 6 or so years. Currently posting from it.

The shed is behind a house, and I still go inside for the bathroom/shower/kitchen. Outside of those snags, it's pretty much the same as an unattached room.

It can occasionally get a bit cramped because you'll try to fit too much shit in it. Mine is 8x12, but I also have my full PC rig, a dresser, and queen size mattress in it.

Also, get AC/a heater depending on where you are, and spring to make sure it's well insulated. That has been my only 'real' issue.

Ahh, I hadn't thought of the rainy season. Did you get a caulk gun and seal it up? Or what?

Adelaide, the city of cucks

Summer (December – February)
During summer, average temperatures range from 16.7 - 28.6°C (62 - 83.5°F) and rainfall is sparse. Occasionally temperatures can soar to 40°C (104°F). Adelaide enjoys the lowest humidity of any Australian city.

Autumn (March – May)
In autumn, the weather is pleasant with average temperatures between 12.7 - 22.7°C (55 - 73°F) and very little rainfall. The city and countryside take on a red, orange and golden hue.

Winter (June – August)
In winter, average temperatures drop to between 8 - 16°C (46.5 - 60.8°F), and frosts are common in the nearby Adelaide Hills. June is the wettest month, averaging around 80 mm (3.1″), however Adelaide is the driest of all the Australian capitals.

Spring (September – November)
Spring sees weather warm up with average temperatures between 11.8 - 22°C (53.2 - 71.6°F). Rainfall is low but evenings can be quite brisk as temperatures drop quickly.

plan is to get a ton of thrift shop stuff and layer. let it air dry to remove sweat, etc

Why can not you live in a shed and be social?

i already got food covered. all tinned and long life stuff.
still gonna need e- for computz though

Ohhh, Australia..

Well good luck then m9 lol

Well if you can spare a bit for gas, small gas generators are actually pretty cheap, and they run pretty efficiently. You could probably have like 8 hours a day of power off of 2 or 3 gallons. With an extension cable, it could be far enough away to be acceptable volume.

nice
how much is it, if you don't mind me asking?

that is a good idea

185 a month

thoughts?

Imagine bringing a girl home from the bar and explaining this to her.

you don't sell the steak, you sell the Szzzle

put seriously it's 35% of what i'm paying atm
just need to convince the landlord to let me come and go as i please. description says it's got guard dogs and a security system, plus guards that won't let anyone in unless they've OKed it a hour beforehand.
dream home though.

Hey man if that's your dream go for it. I mean I would live there for sure but I'm relatively antisocial and don't need very much.