So after Sony's massive flop, what are the chances of Ivan Reitman's Ghostbusters 3?

So after Sony's massive flop, what are the chances of Ivan Reitman's Ghostbusters 3?

Maybe after some much needed shake ups at Sony, they could realize that they fucked up and go with the script and director they should of gone with in the beginning.

Or maybe another studio like Universal could pick up the rights and steal Sony's idea to reboot the franchise, but be faithful to the original movies.

Maybe in a couple years?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=XF2_1WJE4HM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Ghostbusters 3 died with Ramis.

They could always go the rout that he "died in an accident" and the team hasn't been the same since.

I was never the biggest GB fan growing up, but I do recognize that Sony failed HARD when they fucked up this film along with their shitty marketing.
I'm glad it failed and punished them for Sony's hubris, but at the same time I feel we missed out on the revitalization of a classic franchise with many spinoffs because of their arrogance thinking they could do whatever they wanted with the name and people would still line up to see it.
I hope heads roll at Sony.

The Hollywood Reporter story mentioned that they are planning on making an animated movie in 2019 and an animated tv show in 2018.

>but I do recognize that Sony failed HARD when they fucked up this film along with their shitty marketing.

Neither Amy or Feig were fans of the original film. It shows. They just wanted to use it as a launching bad for a new universe and a super hero girl flick.

Some respect to the original film is kind of needed for reboots.

Nailed it

Please no, just let it fucking die. It was dead and it should've stayed dead.

Egon was already dead in Landis's pitch that was going to be used.

this.

let it go.

This is as close as we'll get to a true sequel. Original cast and writers all present and despite some clunky controls not a bad story.

What about an hd retouch, or mod support shit is dated

shit's so expensive

Well Sony made sure the fucking franchise is dead as shit now.

SOMEONE POST THE MELISSA MCCARTHY "ABSOLUTELY" PICTURE

PLEASE GUYS

It wouldn't have worked without Aykroyd and Ramis. It could've worked without Murray, but those two are irreplaceable.
A reboot was the only solution but they fucked up.

>Implying Sony is actually smart to think of this
This idea will never enter their heads. Sorry

>shit is dated
The game is from 2009 for fuck sake... how old are you?

The irony that they attempted a new Ghostbusters game alongside the 2016 movie and it possibly is one of the worst games ever made.

Angryjoe was right to give it a 1/10

Just play this, it's the third movie.

The developer of that went bankrupt three days after release.

We could have gotten a free roam Ghostbusters game with so much to do but instead they charge us full price for an arcade game that looks like it is from a $10 app shop

m.youtube.com/watch?v=XF2_1WJE4HM

There has to be some kind of conspiracy by the game makers who made this as just a joke... there has to be...

Good they deserve to never fucking make a game ever again

I mean the person who made it deserves to never work again. I have nothing against Activision. So many great games they made in my childhood

>the team
they are almost 80 years old who wants to watch that sad shit?