Is there a more underrated country in any sport than the USA in soccer?

Is there a more underrated country in any sport than the USA in soccer?

>consistently get to the knockout stage of the World Cup
>last WC almost beat and finished ahead of current European Champions Portgual
>beat WC Champions Germany 2-1 last year
>beat an until then untouchable WC Champion Spain team in the Confederations Cup

Yet they get shat on despite hanging with and beating the best. We've been incredibly consistent and are just on the brink of breaking through. I expect to reach the semis in the next 2 or 3 WCs and likely win it by 2050

>and likely win it by 2050

Meanwhile you lose to the likes of Jamaica and Costa Rica

>We've been incredibly consistent and are just on the brink of breaking through.

No we aren't.

You talk about being good at povertykick like it's a good thing. I hope they fail to qualify for the 2018 "men"'s wold cup so it won't get any coverage here.

You're rated exactly how you should be, not shit but not great.

/thread

this

Bruce Arena will make US soccer great again

>it's a nigger loving niggercrash autist clicking on a thread he doesnt like to tell everyone how much he doesnt like the sport

Why dont you go drink some bleach or something?

>You're rated exactly how you should be, not England but not Germany.
Fixed

We're garbage right now though with the mls shitters like Altisnore and Badley taking up spots.

Hopefully Arena has enough sense to kick those shitters out but after hearing news that he's bringing his la galaxy posse of helpers I'm losing hope.

Soccer is gay as fuck

americans
fat
pick both

He'll get ride of Badley, but def not Altidore. Altidore has been actually good this season.

Arena is a dip shit, he thinks all of the US players should play in the mls

Altidore has never been good and he is still registering less goals in an inferior league compared to someone like Dempsey who had a 20 goal season with a midtable club like Fulham at the time in a much more challenging league some 5 years back around the same age as Altidore.

Our standards for our forwards have gone down considerably. Thats it. Otherwise Altidore would be benchwarming.

>Altidore has never been good
Confirmed for never watching him play for the national team

Dozy is only good for mls standards though. He did fuck all with the national team and only statpads against Concacrap islands.

I'd Rather have young ambitious Americans than Army brat Bundesrejects desu.

>fuck all
try harder to be British, hipster faggot

Who the fuck do we replace him with then?
Wondo?

I did and he's shit.

>never puts in the effort to chase down the ball despite being a so called athlete

>botches easy goals like in the past two games against Mexico and CR

>only positive he brings is his link up play which quite frankly means he's not good enough to be the main striker.

Right now Im would easily take an old man Dempsey and Wood on top over Altidore starting

No one else in mls is good enough, that's the point. Our standards are just laughably shit.

Dempsey isn't a number 9 like Jozy is, lmao. Wood and Jozy play in front of Dempsey, best case scenario for our offense.

>fuck all

>british

You genuinely have a mental illness. I can see why you would think Altishit is good.

the us has a lot of potential. the us soccer program is really limited by the popularity of the sport in this country. the sport might grow. or it might not for a very long time, if ever. i don't expect to see a seriously challenging us team in my lifetime but... stranger things have happened so we'll see. one thing us soccer fans seem to forget is that a lot of other countries have desperately been working on their soccer programs for much longer than the us and those countries are still nowhere near ready for wc semifinals.

fuck all originates from british military and is used primarily in Britain.
It'd be as tryhard as a british guy saying "dude, that was dope" to fit into US basketball culture.
please stop.
>pic related, you

Unironically Green. We gave Bobby a chance last year when he was a fucking Bundes 3 player and he turned out well so far. If Green grows up and takes advantage of his Stuttgart stint he can probably mature and do well for the national team

>fuck all originates from the british military

See, you are autistic.

Shut up the fuck, euro dick rider

>young ambitious Americans

>playing in my little sawker

My fucking sides. Pick one and only one.

Wood - Dempsey

Pulisic - Bradley - ??? - Zardes

Johnson- Brooks - Cameron - Yedlin

Guzan

>soccer

>Bradley

>Zardass

>Johnson not in mid

>Yedlin starting

>Guzan

Costa Rica took the Netherlands to penalties in the World Cup quarterfinals

Meanwhile England is getting knocked out in the group stages and losing to Iceland in the Euros

Johnson has been decent as an LB. Bradley is basically our only decent CM. Yedlin is actually good. Arena will bring in Zardes becaues of LA galaxy etc etc.

>Costa Rica are a great team!
>You're shit because you finished behind them
You can't have it both ways

How can one person be so dumb

I dont think you understand, everyone with the talent goes to Europe as a youth

Its literally the difference between rec league and college soccer

I will agree with that statement asside from the Bradley part, hes fucking shit

He cant keep up with the international game anymore, its too fast for him and it shows when he just panic boots the ball forward or gets dispossessed because he didnt pick out a pass to make before he took a few touches

Bradley's last GOOD game was against Germany in the summer of 2015. He's pretty bad but we don't have anyone better than him in that position. His only redeeming quality is that when he isn't pressured on the ball he can make pretty good long passes. But the thing is that pretty much any professional soccer player knows to pressure the man on the ball in the midfield. So when Bradley is pressured, he shits the bed as you pointed out.
Regardless, who do we have that is better in his position?

should bring back brad evans

>bundesrejects

Almost all the Bundesliga based American players are starters.

Plus, I would argue the likes of Pulisic and Wood are far more ambitious for toughing it out against competition in a big league rather than sticking around in a shitty league like MLS

Replace Bradley with Morales from Ingolstadt

Costa Rica is the best Concacaf team in the region atm yet that doesnt mean theyre that good.

I'd say the US is about Switzerland tier. Fairly solid team, no one is surprised if they make it out of groups but also no one really expects them to reach the semis.

short memory?

Hopefully we get some CMs and LBs to pop in and replace Bradshit and the LB vacancy we have.

>people think Arena does bunkerball yet havent seen his LAG teams in recent years.

I have a strong uncontrollable urge to recoil in disgust when Americans start not only talking about association football, but also start dismissing their own country's sports. It's so painfully obvious you're trying to fit in with Europeans by being a epic hipster who likes soccer instead of football/baseball or whatever. Fuck off and stick to your own country's sports, noone outside of the US respects your opinion on this sport and you just look pathetic to us as you desparately try to fit in.

>A medical practitioner who specializes in corrective teeth surgery and hygeine.

It's called football you moron.

Also your players are shit. Klinsmann didn't have anything to work with.

>beat WC Champions Germany 2-1 last year

Had to look it up. It was a fucking friendly match.

>Italy

Kek

>he rates Klinsmann

Top kek please take him back and give us Loew

>a part time dentist

Oh please do shit up

epic football meme i can see you do your research in our threads, stay away burger

The IRA doesn't get to post on this board. Reported.

The OP feels like I'm reading the sport section of a British tabloid, but with "USA" instead of "England". Some cheap rag writer raising expectations of the national team so when they inevitably fail they can shit on them for months thereafter.

Just fixed the national team, no need to thank me.

>literally who

What is this hipster shit

>underrated country in any sport than the USA in soccer

You don't have a single player who'd get into a list of the top 500 footballers, wouldn't call that underrated