/2017/

Other urls found in this thread:

rateyourmusic.com/~Androol
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

DAMN.

DAMN.

DAMN.

It's somewhat played out here on Sup Forums, but I have to mentioned Phil Elverum/Mount Eerie's release A Crow Looked At Me. To me, this is the best album to come out in 2017 so far. It's hauntingly beautiful, with songwriting that is so personal it feels wrong to listen to. Overall though, it's not an album for everyone, but for anyone that has dealt with loss, this record was fantastic.

7/10

>Trump is a nincompoop
Really makes you think...

My current Top 10 of my 30+ list, although I'm thinking of re-scoring Goths and ALL-AMERIKKKAN BADA$$:

1. Mount Eerie - A Crow Looked at Me
2. Sampha - Process
3. Jlin - Black Origami
4. Father John Misty - Pure Comedy
5. Sun Kil Moon - Common as Light and Love Are Red Valleys of Blood
6, Perfume Genius - No Shape
7. King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard - Flying Microtonal Banana
8. The Mountain Goats - Goths
9. Julie Byrne - Not Even Happiness
10. Joey Bada$$ - ALL-AMERIKKKAN BADA$$

P4k is that you?

listening to the new kasabian album now

believe it or not, i don't like DAMN

1 Guerilla Toss - GT ULTRA
2 Saagara - 2
3 Shackleton & Vengeance Tenfold - Sferic Ghost Transmits
4 emamouse - Build a parallax
5 水曜日のカンパネラ -Superman
6 Joshua Abrams & Natural Information Society -Simultonality
7 Yowie - Synchromysticism
8 Oto Hiax -Oto Hiax
9 Horse Lords - Mixtape IV
10 Laurel Halo - Dust

Good list, nice to see GT Ultra at the top. I really need to get on listening to that shackleton, and I should give Mixtape IV more listening to, though I don't know if that 2nd track is ever gonna grow on me. that first one is great tho. oh and what's the deal with Laurel Halo, is there a full leak out now or is it still missing the last track?

whats the 3rd from the left on 7th row?

just fuck me up senpai

for me the emotion and sadness goes away after one or two listens, after that its only decent.

anybody have a link to the cloud nothings new release

cool, added a few of these to my backlog

I'm kind of digging Moh Lhean. Especially in comparison to the last two pieces of trash.

RELAXER?

AOTYSF (june 16th)
Joey Bada$$
Alex G
FJM
Slowdive
Blanck Mass
The XX

Alex G: yes

p4k rated joey bada$$ and fjm pretty badly, at least relative to how most of Sup Forums sees them

Still need to give the two Kozelek albums and Parker/Edwards/Noble a try; eagerly awaiting New Teddy Rankin-Parker and Palm

1. Matthias Müller - solo trombone
2. Nate Wooley - The Complete Syllables Music
3. Alice Coltrane - The Ecstatic Music Of...
4. Jlin - Black Origami
5. Colin Stetson - All This I Do For Glory
6. USA/Mexico - Laredo
7. Penguin Cafe - The Imperfect Sea
8. Will Guthrie - People Pleaser
9. Toxic - This Is Beautiful Because We Are Beautiful People
10. Jaimie Branch - Fly Or Die

Honestly haven't listened to a lot this year.

can I get some recs?

that's a good start

based on your taste, you'd probably like:
Father John Misty - Pure Comedy
Mac DeMarco - This Old Dog

Really don't understand what people hear in KGLW, Sun Kil Moon, or ESPECIALLY Pure Comedy.

As a fan of both Sun Kil Moon and FJM, I really found these albums disappointing. It doesn't feel like Mark is putting almost any effort into his music anymore, just making what he makes and slapping it onto what seem to be mostly unedited albums (I mean, did this really need to be more than 2 hours long?)

And Pure Comedy, idk, maybe it's just me, but I don't understand what the appeal is. Music is at best unchallenging, at worst insulting; there are no hooks or interesting melodies to speak of, which means it's all about the lyrics. And the lyrics are incredibly disappointing, too. It's one thing to regurgitate the same suburban, upper-class angst about society that you encounter in high school literary magazines across America, but it's another thing to not even articulate it in an interesting way. The album still has moments, but with how indulgent it is, those moments are drowned in an ocean of piano parts so insipid they wouldn't even have flown in the 70's. I'm tempted to describe the music on this album as feeling "exsanguinated", but honestly it's hard to imagine it ever having been sanguine in the first place. truly confused how anyone could like this album, not even joking.

Nice list, I've been really surprised by the Penguin Cafe album myself.

rateyourmusic.com/~Androol