Why is Fincher wasting his time developing TV series when he's one of the only good directors in Hollywood that can get...

Why is Fincher wasting his time developing TV series when he's one of the only good directors in Hollywood that can get a budget and final cut?

It makes me sad.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/vRkWbAGB3DU?t=1m40s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Because television has surpassed film as an artform, and everyone but acne-ridden, virgin-laden cinephiles has realized this.

>he's doing world war z 2
is this a joke?

Because the feature film is pretty much dead, user. Anyone who actually gives a shit about storytelling is migrating to television. The miniseries/limited series format is the future.

he's "in talks" according to Brad Pitt, which probably means he just pitched it to him.

More freedom

Mindhunters get hype

> An agent in the FBI's Elite Serial Crime Unit tracks down serial killers and rapists.
so, another shitty procedural show?

Being laden by virgins wouldn't be so bad

All the good writing is in television, people are abandoning movies in droves

>he's one of the only good directors in Hollywood

Funniest thing i've read on Sup Forums all day.

Television has no merit as an artistic medium. You can't create great works of substance when the writing must conform to a time slot, be designed to get people to stay tuned, using artificially intriguing created plots that sucker in people so that they remain glued to their televisions in order for them to see more ads and buy more shit, only to then shove useless filler down their throats after the commercial breaks end.

The reason he's on TV is because he's fucking shit at making movies. Everyone knows it but the pseudo-intellectual fedora-tippers who don't know the first thing about cinema.

>Television has no merit as an artistic medium. You can't create great works of substance when the writing must conform to a time slot, be designed to get people to stay tuned, using artificially intriguing created plots that sucker in people so that they remain glued to their televisions in order for them to see more ads and buy more shit, only to then shove useless filler down their throats after the commercial breaks end.

You are so right, nailed it.

>The reason he's on TV is because he's fucking shit at making movies. Everyone knows it but the pseudo-intellectual fedora-tippers who don't know the first thing about cinema.

But you're so far wrong on this. Fincher is top tier director working this last two decades.

So then who was Zodiac?

>You can't create great works of substance when the writing must conform to a time slot, be designed to get people to stay tuned, using artificially intriguing created plots that sucker in people so that they remain glued to their televisions in order for them to see more ads and buy more shit, only to then shove useless filler down their throats after the commercial breaks end.

True, but the HBO/NetFlix subscription model has pretty much killed this, and their success has changed the way other cable stations approach their programming. HBO never relied on ratings, so they could afford to take creative risks on shows/documentaries that didn't get big numbers, as long as they have "tent-pole" shows like The Sopranos or Game of Thrones maintaining a solid base of subscribers.

The world may never know

TED CRUZ

OP here.

So are you saying that he isn't good, or that there are many more?

Also not that I said he was one of the only good directors that has sufficient power over his movies, not that he was one of the only good directors.

man i watch the Zodiac like 10 times a year.

it's fucking unhealthy

>tfw your favorite directors are working on projects you have no interest in

>An agent in the FBI's Elite Serial Crime Unit tracks down serial killers and rapists.

Oh golly, I haven't heard of a show with this premise before!

it's not TV.

It's Internet

I've watched it like 5 times since I bought it a few months ago. So good.

Yeah. :(

All of Fincher's stories are pleb tier. It's his execution that matters. His last few movies have been books he found at an airport.

A Fincher/Pitt zombie collab sounds great but I can't imagine WWZ needing a sequel. :-/

youtu.be/vRkWbAGB3DU?t=1m40s