>you will never be fluent in russian

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ItaK-Z23mzo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>you will never know what all the chinkrunes mean

No you wont

>you will never be loved

>TFW translator with degree in Russian

did you mean to put a comma after your 'no'? because if not, then you were telling him that he WILL one day be fluent in russian.

>still not fluent.

>You aren't allowed to drink alcohol anymore
>because you will be evicted

>tfw i`ll never be fluent in spanish

Baтeвep ю ceй, Юpий.

>want to be fluent in a language that will go extinct in 2018

>tfw you speak several languages so badly the native speakers are traumatised

Tы yныл

>that pic
ahahahahahahaha

Lol, I can imagine. Interacted with you western 'translators with a degree in Russia ' on more than one occasion. You can't string together a coherent sentence to save your life.

To be fair, when I was studying, I met people who managed to get through three years of Russian classes with the absolute shittiest pronunciation and grammar skills you could imagine. ("Yah … lubloo … poo-teh-shest-o-vaht … Russia.")

One such student got to go study abroad in Almaty the summer after I graduated. I can only imagine how that went.

Pronunciation isn't even that hard if you actually try to practice saying the words properly.

Palatalization (the 'soft' sounds) is very hard for a lot of native English speakers, in my experience. I also knew a lot of people who had a hard time with Ы.

On the other hand, Russians tend to be really bad at explaining their language to foreign learners. So much of it is second nature to them that when it comes time to explain it to someone else, they don't know how.

My company works with several western(mostly american) firms and sometimes those firms decide that they need to use a Russian translator, even though they know perfectly well that we speak passable English and all our daily interactions are conducted in English. Every time I baffled at what passes as a knowledge of Russian in the West. One woman, who also supposedly had a degree in Russian, spoke in what I can only describe as very bad polish or Czech(by the way it sounded like) and became very surprised when we couldn't understand a single thing she said.

Even that hurdle shouldn't be too hard to overcome, my problem is that I can't roll my r's.

What genders do words щaвeль and кoфe have?

how do kazakhs speak fluent russian?

Had to look up щaвeль (masculine), never heard of it even in English. Apparently it's a plant. кoфe is indeclinable neuter, like most loanwords.

The reason it's still a good idea to hire a translator is that a Russian native speaker's "passable English" is still noticeably foreign to native English speakers. For discussions with English-speaking colleagues, that's fine, you don't need an interpreter or something just to talk about designing a website. For the actual content on the website, though, you should have it translated or written by a native English speaker.

I have a regular client, a Russian cybersecurity company that periodically has me translate content from their Russian site (product information, blog posts, manuals) to post on their English site. They left me feedback on the site where they hired me, stating that "[he] does the work of a very high quality". This is perfectly understandable, but it also sounds unnatural; a native English speaker would write "he does very high-quality work" or "the work he does is of very high quality", something like that. For user-facing content (user interfaces, websites, manuals, advertisements, etc.) that "passable English" isn't enough, even if it's clear enough for everyday communication.

>mfw

>You will never be fluent in Turkish and lie with Özlem laughing in the meadows holding hands whilst daydreaming about glorious Oghuz conquests

>кoфe is indeclinable neuter
And there goes your degree, m8

Fucking albanian diaspora

Koffee Annan

>have a hard time remember genders of words
>have a hard time with conjugations
>have a hard time with any language with completely different grammar from English
I'm stuck with this boring language anyone can learn.

anyone but you

>learning russian
>don't learnig portuguese
Kill yourself, OP.

>not
Fix up.

No one is to blame if English is a monkey language.

>Pronunciation isn't even that hard if you actually try to practice saying the words properly.

russian is a meme languague, just learn english

it's not that hard твн, just takes a long while.
But for anglos it's indeed impossible. Even chinks fare better

shiteater pls, all in school learn about coffee, but all still want and think that its neutral
and жи ши пиши c бyквoй и same shit, и incorect sound in this syllables

a better question is why russian can't into english ?

we can, but we don't need this language in our life, most of english media is simply translated into russian

youtube.com/watch?v=ItaK-Z23mzo
black guy and blonde girl have not bad pronunciation

i'm swiss, rasheed.