Yfw this old dad has better taste in music than the entirety of Sup Forums

>yfw this old dad has better taste in music than the entirety of Sup Forums

Where can I find more real music reviewers like this guy?

Other urls found in this thread:

popcrush.com/pink-election-reaction-instagram-trump-win/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Someone shop the toad into it

this article could be about bob dylan and still make sense

>Imagine Stairway to Heaven with no chorus

what chorus

This guy really likes Pink though, huh?

Good Vibrations isn't about sex.

Literally
>I'm 13 and I listen to real rock music like my dad. The Beatles were geniuses. Now we have Nicki Minaj and Lil Wayne. What happened to reL MUsIc with rEL instruments? We Just have AuTOtune. #lewronggenwration

THANK GOD FOR PINK THOUGH

lmao
>Pink
>worth listening to
lmfaololo

that pink pussy game too good

kek

>They call it rap because that's what you want them to do - wrap it up.
10/10

>implying I'm gonna read that shit
low quality bait, my friend
you can do better

>chattering a useless, deviant monologue of prose
>lecherous beauties
>vacuous era of music
>orthodox melodies
>old-fashioned conventional passion
>lingering rhythmic nostalgia
>squandered literary license
>poetry's maligned iambic pentameter

Every single music "review" uses language like this

0/10 not even lined up with the text

Fuck it. Shitpost it up.

American Rap is considered based on its lyrical content often without any consideration at all for how it actually sounds.

Madvillain has some Jazz and quirk in the background of some rhyming wordplay that makes almost no sense, it just sounds good. But people automatically think it's GOAT because, well, they're idiots who don't know anything about music.

Meanwhile a culture like Britain always produces music with the sound, the counterpoint carefully considered. So Grime is based more on an MC who can create rhythmically compelling phrases lyrical content be damned.

JME - Integrity is indeed a better album than Madvillain because it's musically better conceived and also not pretentious.

I mean, he's not wrong.

the newspaper image isn't even flat

This guy is such an effective critic that he makes me want to defend hip-hop. Thats impressive

>Rap killed the tune.

probably the most important thing people refuse to acknowledge today

lol the fuck are you talking about

"The tune" is an antiquated concept from European classical music, which is why 60's Rock music is based much more on Classical harmony than subsequent time periods. "The tune" is ancient and had no reason to exist in popular music.

Rap did not kill the tune, the tune killed itself because it was a dead form. No modern musician of that time composed "tunes."

Tunes, melodies and harmonies are the same thing here, rhetorically. We're just talking about melodic singing vs. atonal rapping.

Right, and melodic singing is not what appeals to the public. They want rhythm and that's what Hip-Hop (the dance culture), Minimalism, and stuff like Post-Bop provided
>atonal
Don't use words you don't know how to use.

The best thing about this article is that I'm pretty sure Pink has rapped in several of her songs.

You're making this out to be more complicated than it is, and it's really quite dishonest intellectually.

No, you idiotically said a blatantly wrong statement here and want to defend your stupid logic and lack of any knowledge of music history

This is interesting. I feel that way a lot too. I tend to see the voice itself as an instrument, to be used and manipulated like you would a guitar or synthesizer. I don't see the problem with using that thought process when it comes to rap. Sometimes lyrics are icing on the cake. People don't usual talk about the quality in other music (shoegaze, some punk and metal) usually in this music the lyrics are not audible or are just terrible and cjeesy, but I like those genres and a lot of people on Sup Forums do too. Why do we pay attention to lyrics in rap a lot?

Beat me to it. I can disregard his opinion on that alone.

This might be a valiant effort on your part if not for that anyone with a brain can already see through the hyperbole. Of course "rap killed the tune" is an extreme statement... your assertions are correct but you're providing service to no one.

Is this the next pasta?

>Beatles
>marvelous
Sounds like an entry level Sup Forumstant to me...

Fuck it has a white border

is he wrong tho?

t.
>the fact that

Yes by a large margin

"the last vestige of pink.."
what did he mean by this?

Ooh, it makes me wonder

"air guitar"

????

so imagine 'stairway' with no no guitar

>Pink
>popcrush.com/pink-election-reaction-instagram-trump-win/

Right in terms of it being a valid criticism of many artists and styles but wrong that the whole genre is worthless.

Surprised he didn't use the word degenerate, and blame it on the (((shills))).

annyeong