Albums where the quality of the songwriting far outweighs its lackluster production

albums where the quality of the songwriting far outweighs its lackluster production

meh

>lackluster production
but that's wrong though

Both have amazing production. This thread is shit

Is this a joke?
In both cases it's the other way around.

The production is part of why Deathconsciousness is so powerful. Dissonant, noisy, rough-- these qualities give the album a disorienting quality which compliments its dower lyricism.

Deathconciousness had fantastic lyricism.

It was simple enough to be emotional and raw.

however the production is part of the charm

This is one of my favorite albums, but holy hell some of the production sounds like it was recorded with an iphone on a park bench.

But some consider the shitty production to be possibly intentional

ITAOTS

I used to think this too. I now realise how amazingly produced this album is

Not even bait.

this

>To fingerpaint is not a sin I put my middle finger in your monthly blood is what I win I'm in your house now let me spin
What did he mean by this?

AND I JUST DOOOOON'T

Sounds like a total garbage, sometimes you can't even hear the lyrics properly, like in Mr. Self Destruct, you can barely fucking hear shit, it's buried and muffled, sounds like something I could throw together.
Ruiner is another great example ,the chorus sounds like complete muffled ass.

It's just badly produced album which has some hints of good in it, but you can barely hear it, there is so much worthless noise which adds nothing of substance to the album taht it rapes itself.

All tracks are like this, it's a shame too. Hurt would be an amazing song, but it's so badly produced and made that it sounds like it was ripped out of YouTube video from 2006 on the lowest quality.

>lackluster
>completed over the course of 5 years for 1000 dollars using basic equipment
Shit bait

In fairness, its sound is messy by design. As with several of NIN albums, it's aimed to sound aggressive and to make you feel uneasy.

uh, other way around friend

the production is ahead of it's time but the lyrics are linkin park-tier

It is an industrial album, it's meant to have distortion on the drums, crazy vocals, and be very abrasive in general. Also the story behind the album is the main character is going in a downward spiral towards suicide, so some of the explosive sounds and buried vocals have to do with that. That being said, I didn't have any trouble hearing the lyrics when I listen to it

How hasn't anyone mentioned SAW yet?

trent purposely produced it like this for the aesthetic so it sounds chaotic and unerving thats what makes it such a experience to listen to all the way through you get immersed in what his mindstate was at the time

unnerving*

AND DON'T YOU TELL ME HOW I FEEL

That's not what songwriting means.

Yeah except it was mastered from an mp3 which Dan admitted was a fuck-up

But 1/4 of the songs on Deathconsciousness are pretty lackluster. Honestly, their 2nd LP is way better.

>Honestly, their 2nd LP is way better.
Why don't more people think this. Deathcon is mostly aimless droning.

Don't know, cause the first 2 songs on Deathconscoiusness make for a 10/10 opening probably.

>cause the first 2 songs on Deathconscoiusness make for a 10/10 opening probably.
The first song isn't really very good, it's just that it and the second song are arranged in a decent order. Midway through the album it starts to eat up too much time before Earthmover closes it.

HaNL IS mostly aimless droning.

I will never understand this meme band.

this desu
the first track on deathconsciousness is cool and the rest puts me to sleep

Sorry I don't mean to be rude, but can you delete this?

This. Unless you get the concept the lyrics get embarrasing sometimes.

This opinion seems to be, from what I can understand, coming from people that don't usually listen to the type of music that surrounds the influences and themes of Have a Nice Life, or any of the Enemies List projects actually. So taking Deathconsciousness as an album that is highly praised by people in the sub-metal, drone or ambient communities, then trying to listen to it yourself if you mostly listen to hip-hop or rock [comparably mainstream] music, then of course it isn't going to sit well.

This rule can be applied with a lot of Sup Forumscore, and why a lot of people try to say they like certain albums that are praised on more of a mass scale, but are actually fitting to quite specific tastes refined in certain areas. Anything by Swans is another good example of this.

Dude srsly. I love the whole vibe of the album but it's mixed like shit. It's the point. The vocals are almost unintelligible

Any good Black Metal album.

Both suck.
Both are good.
Not really, but Pretty Hate Machine sounds better so kinda.

>your opinion is bad because you dont listen to the same music as me
fuck off you retard and learn to not be a pretentious cunt all of the time

I doubt it was intentional. It just is what it is, and that's what makes it great.