Whats the best way to 100% physically destroy some external hard drives so that they could never be read?

Whats the best way to 100% physically destroy some external hard drives so that they could never be read?

do I need to burn them?
would bleach do it?

Other urls found in this thread:

hostjury.com/blog/view/195/the-great-zero-challenge-remains-unaccepted
youtube.com/watch?v=pVZ2NShfCE8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Throw them in a river.

Oceans even better. Saltwater would fuck it up real good.

Wipe with magnet, drown in water, run over with car, shoot with gun, bury underground.

None of this needs to be done. Just refill the whole disk again and again with bullshit data. There are also programs that do that for you.

Wipe with Magnet, then sulfuric Acid

Stick, up ass

It takes a crane.

Dban it first and then smash it to pieces.

Unless you've done some serious national security shit no one is going to recover that.

Incinerate them

melt it with gas torch

Strong magnet.

overwrite it once with zeroes. hostjury.com/blog/view/195/the-great-zero-challenge-remains-unaccepted

If you are on the run from Russian spies and you are carrying top secret documents on a hard drive your best bet would be some kind of press, maybe at a car junkyard.

Even if you could open the hated rice yourself and take out the disks you'd have to destroy them properly.

Thrown in the river can be very easily recovered. Not for any average person of course but for a security agency.

I have a huge EMP coil under my computer. Enter my room or tamper with my PC the wrong way and all data on my PC is garbage, hard drive is destroyed. It has it's own constantly recharging battery set. And yes, I know it can go off accidentally sometime in the future. None of my data is priceless.

Get the terminator to take it into a pit of lava, thumbs up.

youtube.com/watch?v=pVZ2NShfCE8

ram it in your butthole, its the only way to be sure

OP, why do you need this info...

How do you guard against time travel, instant replay travel and the ability to have the vision of his and being able to see everything that's ever occurred?

By not searching shit youre not sopposed to.FBI by the way.

Just hit it with a hammer for 20 minutes, spend some time smashing the discs inside.
Should be enough.
I guess you could throw the remains in a fire as well.

this.

or toss them into your bugout furnace.

break it, in any way. are you really this retarded?
how is it even possible to ask something so fucking stupid?

Wont help
Data will still be readable

This also wont help
Data is still recoverable

Im a IT engineer making 190K a year by doing this

Open it
Take a knife
Smash the knife in the discs
Tear hem appart

Dude just overwrite with random data 3 times. That should do it.
Google US DoD 5220.22-M standard

Burning wont help. From the ashes there is still data that can be recovered. Data are small ones and zeros. So small, even in a tiny bit of ash there is still many zeros and ones (101000011110100 etc)
So incannbadically get 90% of the data back that way

Man, you really don't want anyone to know about your tranny fetish.

no one's ever claimed the bounty for beating WriteZero.

Hay, /b, this guy's a big fat phony!

>Wont help
>Data will still be readable

>assuming you can even find the drive in the first place

You have absolutely no idea what youre talking about.
Maybe you should get back playing hello kitty. You neet

A very strong magnet or trow it into a microwave, but don't burn down the building while doing it.

However there is still a tiny chance that some date will be recoverable.

Best way is acid, so that in the end there is nothing left of the disk.

P.s.: Works with bodies as well.

Smear it with poop

On every drive there is a GPS tracking device. Nit many people know this

what a shitty idea

And he cares, he CARES! Fucking normie scum go back to tales of IT on Le Reddit

NORMIE GET OFF MY BOARD REEEEEEEE

Do you really think they could get anything back from small broken pieces of discs covered in soot?

Then what about sandpaper on the discs, then throw then in nitric acid?

The surface of the disc would completely disappear.

>an unpowered gps works at the bottom of the ocean floor

They'll just rearrange themselves

Why has nobody asked what is actually on the hard drive which requires such care?

The data would be floating in the acid. So i could retrieve that with anti acids

De fufuzela droeftoeter

Put it in a microwave

Cake recipes

Oh yeah ok. I see where I am now.

Let your hard drive cuck you with a black guy

floating data? Do you think thats how it works? You can just skim off a layer of data and let it dry whilst sat on a dvd?

You're just a bullshitter. How do you recover data that's already been overwritten without a time machine, if there's no backup or anything similar you could rely on? Are you also able to recover data that hasn't been written on it yet?

How do you think they make Dvd's?

The process is very similar to beer making.

>he doesn't know about quantum data

By electronically writing the data to the disk, just like when you burn a dvd yourself? No magical liquid data involved.

Take a shotgun to it, was good enough for eastern european banks in the 90s, will be good enough for you.

How do you get data from a pile of ash? Normally if things are burned completely and turn into ash they don't remain in their original form.

I assume you're gonna tell me that you'd be able to recover data even after shredding a hard drive into powder like pieces, huh?

Wow you're very naive.

We still use 18th century technology in "modern" electronic equipment for the most part.
The rest is just lies.

Ram a 9 inch nail into it a few times. This wil shatter the platters.

You think data is a conspiracy?
topkek

Get a programm like ashampoo winoptimizer, overwrite 32 Times. Done

throw it into the sun

Nope weak bate mate

Yes.
Again, data is nothing more than very very small ones and zeroes.
Smaller than ants or molecules i think. On a tiny piece of harddisk, there are still trillions of lines code, tiny fractions of what used to be there. But it can be recovered by extracting those ones and zeroes

Yes the 1010101101010. Etc are so lightweight they float.

Google floating decimals ;)

Smaller than ants are you sure?
Thats so small!

Ants are the smallest materiale on this planet

wat

What about ants legs? It's even smaller than an ant.

i think you mean aunts and those are not very small.
Ants are the building block of simply said; everything....
THey have floating balls near the center and they float. They can take many forms, like humans, but also a glass of chocolate milk.

You could do a full wipe.
You could open them up and destroy the disk part

post some photos or be gay bullshiter, i dare ya

Hit it with a bat.
Like, a lot.
Just keep hitting it.
>Is that enough
No.
Keep hitting it.
Hit it until you forget that your grandpa made you suck his dick.
Good to go.

But they're able to think right?

So if my brain is composed of ants, does that mean that it's double thinking?

How do I access the ant's thoughts?

Shake your hard drive really really hard

I think I heard once that the CIA grind theirs into dust, so probably that.

pics

You need to know newspeak to access the ant's minds

hey kid, I've got something to tell you, and this is not bullshit like all the teenagers here taught you to,

if someone raids you and there's no time for some bullshit, heres what you gonna do,
throw it,

well, usually

Throw it in a bowl of spaghettios

Could just hit it with an acetylene torch a few times.

This.
THROW IT!
Worst case you trayvon martin that shit

Kek

Stick it inside the huge, gaping chasm that is: your asshole, OP. That way, nobody will be able to find it.

use the defribillator, and charge that shit up,
like the guy who did it on the core,

that strong electromagnetic force will reallign all the magnetic pits and downs on the disk,

Effy yffe

are you trolling me?

You can always just shoot it.

Plus if it's an internal hard drive you don't have to take it out of the PC.

You can just mark where to shoot on the tower with some masking tape or something.

cbf reading the replies but i destroy hard drives for a living and you just put a fucking big ass drill through them dude

Nice try FBI. I show pics and you will immediately know how to kill the EMP wipe. I don't have the resources to counter your shit if you know what I have. I'm one person, you are an intelligence army. I posted this so other anons will know how to stop your shit in a raid.

Try deleting the data on your hard drive!

Stick it where the sign dont shine.All that acid buildup will corrossion the data off the platers of the drive.

we also wipe em with magnets but drill will do it just fine

Cook it in the oven to demagnetize it, then smash it with a hammer or use it for skeet shooting.

transparent fucking bullshit. first time lying?

dont listen to this its stupid, just drill em dude i swear

burn the hard drive, till largely damaged

now, take a glass metal bottle, fill it with aqua regia ( a very, very strong acid --also easily available)---put the burnt hard drive in the bottle, and throw the bottle in a large water body

Hammer you baiting autistic degenerate.

Dear sir, it's come to my attention you're in the market for a hard drive destruction device - boy oh boy have I got a deal for you!

Well tbh I stopped reading after you stated that ants were the smallest form of material, it's stupid as fuck.

It's counter intuitive, but sugar cubes are actually the smallest known building brick.

It's even composing you chocolate milk glass.

>How do you get data from a pile of ash? Normally if things are burned completely and turn into ash they don't remain in their original form.

The atoms are still there, just re-order them in a shape of a hard drive and voila the data is back. I'm an IT engineer I make 290k a year doing this.