Tfw dvd will outlive bluray

>tfw dvd will outlive bluray
>tfw in ten years films will no longer be distributed on physical media and you'll have to buy a licence to stream them from the internet
>tfw the hollywood jew will be richer because they hate used dvd sales and can set high prices for their drm-protected streams

Future is not looking good is it? You can't buy many recent tv series on disc so it's happening already.

what's life like in your alternate reality where torrents don't exist?

Good luck with that once a law like SOPA gets passed which will happen sooner or later.

>>dvd will outlive blu-ray
how and why

i mean sure DVD will still be around in ten years like VHS is today, but blu-ray is hardly going away any time soon. UHD is still finding its footing, and when 55"> 4K TV prices are low enough, it'll flourish.

>DVD format

Daily reminder that in about 10 years once physical copies of movies are a thing of the past and everything is done online or OnDemand, and Hollywood no longer lets you buy your own copy of the movie and instead only lets you rent them for a 24 hour period for $14.99, people are really going to regret being too cheap, and lazy to keep physical media around

this tbqh. if it isn't on blu-ray (or blu-ray.com say it has a shitty transfer) I usually just get it on VHS, pop it into my CRT in the bedroom, cuddle up with my jim-jams and ice cream, and get comfy

>tfw I own October Sky on VHS because no Blu Ray

Blu-ray is a meme format with silly blue cases and a logo on the top of the case. They should've called it BDHD, BD4K and not make stupid cases (American ones are flimsys as fuck).

DVD outsells Blu-ray still for new releases. Most collectors care about DVD because it's an extensive format (although there's still a lot of titles only on VHS). If there's no demand for Blu-ray it'll die before DVD.

Havr you checked any torrents? TV networks receive HD masters of some old films so there may be a better version.

>This format will fail because the casing looks stupid
>People with a decent budget won't want the best possible resolution that comes to mind

>plebs don't have prima cinema

Well I mean I just figured torrents were sourced from blu-rays, and if the reviews say the transfer is hogwash, then that extends to file-sharing. I never knew about TV masters though. Will look into it.

Last gen PS3 and new consoles have Blu-ray players and yet DVD is still outselling. People just don't care. DVD upscales to 720p with many players.

I have found some HD releases on online storefronts of films that are only out on DVD. I'd never buy a digital movie though.

The Prince of Egypt has a HD version on Netflix here although it seems to be a 35mm transfer and not a true digital transfer for an animation. Still heaps better than the VHS/DVD versions. Currently no Bluray release.

>no longer lets you buy your own copy of the movie and instead only lets you rent them for a 24 hour period for $14.99
this goes full circle to the Divx (not the video codec thing) scheme that was around when dvd started

Na, we're Making America Great Again.

May as well post this here.

I can't seem to find the complete boxset of Justified on blu ray anywhere in the UK for a sensible price. And I can't find any decent downloads for it either, want 1080p with decent bitrates.

I want to spend money and they won't let me, fuck.

>divx

man I remember that thing.

I think most computers only come with DVD drives, if they even have a disc drive at all.

>He hasn't invested in a multi-region player

Never become an analyst.

A lot of blurays are region free anyway.

>Not watching all your kino on high fidelity reel to reel