Dear 'Suicide Squad' Fans: You Deserved A Better Movie

>What’s changed is an “us versus them” mentality, one which may or may not be linked to the polarization inherent in the current political culture and possibly tied to the kind of hardcore fans attracted to the darker/grittier/more violent DC Films offerings. But the result is that the critics, the ones who are on the frontlines saying “DC Films can make better movies!” are being held up as the enemy by those who blindingly accept whatever scraps Warner and DC has seen fit to give them. That’s the tragedy. The filmmakers and the critics of the critics claim “it’s for the fans,” but the current DC universe is selling the fans to Humble Pie for $50 and a pack of beer.

DCucks BTFO!!

forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2016/08/15/dear-suicide-squad-fans-you-deserved-a-better-movie/#8f7a40f12660

>those who blindingly accept whatever scraps Warner and DC has seen fit to give them.

BRUTAL

>But the result is that the critics, the ones who are on the frontlines saying “DC Films can make better movies!” are being held up as the enemy by those who blindingly accept whatever scraps Warner and DC has seen fit to give them. That’s the tragedy. The filmmakers and the critics of the critics claim “it’s for the fans,” but the current DC universe is selling the fans to Humble Pie for $50 and a pack of beer.
My fucking sides

p-pls no...

Gargamel does it again.

just can't help but talk down to brown people...

>le creepy jew BTFO DCucks

We get it . It's a shit movie. Stop beating that dead horse

These elitist critics then have the gall to say they arent elitist despite authoring articles like this

Pieces of shit!

>mildly curious about whiny "online journalist"
>see if he actually cites anything specific to the plot, performances or context, or if it's just generalized bullshit
>site wants me to turn my adblock off
>mfw

That's not even the suicide squad.

>current political culture
i.e: Fighting the white capitalist power structure.

Did you screencap a person responding to a screencap?

Sick Almost Famous reference.

>open image
>first word I see is diversify

Says a lot, really.

Feels good to be a DChad

I wanted a movie with some violence and hot pants and that's what I got. Literally the best capeshit of the summer (not that any of them have been above a C)

These cuck articles make me like the movie even more.
>mfw cucks try to tell me what to like and what not to like
stay cucked mankids

I agree, wasn't nearly as good as BvS or MoS, but I got Margot Robbie in short shorts, and an interesting Armond White article that BTFO libshits.

If all it takes to make you like a movie is a woman in short shorts and a little bit of violence, then you have shit opinions when it comes to film.

>Forbes
>Mendelson, the biggest marveldrone there is
>the critics are your friends!!
>the same ones that tricked you into thinking Thor movies, Iron Man sequels and Ant-Man were that good

no, fuck you and your damage control

>s-s-stop enjoying things we told you n-not to enjoy!

>Critics whine incessantly about BvS's lack of jokes
>Warner Brothers listens and ruins Suicide Squad with re-shoots to add more jokes
>Critics whine incessantly about the jokes
YOU ARE THE PROBLEM ASSHOLE!

>But the result is that the critics, the ones who are on the frontlines saying “DC Films can make better movies!” are being held up as the enemy

Because you refused to even attempt to engage with BvS's attempt at thematic depth, while giving a free pass to Marvels barely cinematic sitcom episodes.

If all it takes to make you like a movie is a handful of quips and overly simplistic, easy to digest storylines and a few rad dance moves, then you have shit opinions when it comes to film.

Ant Man was enjoyable but I can't refute your other points.

jesus christ we get it Scott, it's the 10th article of something about SS.

Of the four Capeshit flick this summer which one would you consider an actually well made film?

but GotG is more than that but I guess you weren't actually trying to make a point, or be intelligent in any form or fashion.

BvS has no cinematic depth. Snyder's laughable imagery does not even register as an attempt. He's an idiot.

>by those who blindingly accept whatever scraps Warner and DC has seen fit to give them.
How will DCucks ever recover?

Yes, Guardians of the Galaxy was a regular feast for the senses. A tour-de-force. Cîńémā at its most potent.

Agreed BvS is quite problematic

Marvel being bad does not make DC good.

It's all shit, and you shouldn't defend shit.

>but GotG is more than that
Is it? Care to elaborate on that one in true fashionably intelligent form?

What did (((the media))) mean by this?

wrong user

Most of the "critics" didn't even mention that "laughable" imagery, user. They complained about pacing and plot holes.

That's another sign of your guys' immaturity, your 'if-then' mentality

>IF he didn't like a DC movie THEN he must like marvel movies

Kill yourselves, all capeshit is shit.

The only good superhero movie I've seen was The Incredibles.

Let me guess, you thought the movie was literally about Jesus? Wrong.

>fuck that us vs them attitude amrite?
>you should totaly stop liking that movie because I tell you though

DUDE TALKING TREE LMAO

That's because if you want to explore something in depth you have to first establish basic and advanced competence. Snyder displays occasional competence on a basic level, but never once on an advanced level.

Does this guy have some sort of erotic fascination with shitting on Suicide Squad?

>he still watches a genre he actively hates

i watch movies for entertainment and nothing else.

these movies are entertaining when you realize theyre based on fictional characters

>if you want to explore something in depth you have to first establish basic and advanced competence.

kek, is that written in user's Bible Of Cinema? Go fuck yourself.

What if both movies were bad?

The point is one got rightfully shit on but one didn't.

I've seen all the crap. BIRTH OF KINO

Even digging past the ironic trolling aspect of these discussions, they're unpersuasive. They're not even written like a first semester freshman in a film criticism class. They're written like a precocious 8th grader in a summer school talent identification program at Duke or some second tier school. It shows promise, but has no firm grasp on an argument, a technique, or even the way filmmaking works.

Trips and his several articles about it confirm.

>Snyder displays occasional competence on a basic level
Trolled softly.

>my outlets for film criticism, box office commentary, and film-skewing scholarship
>The Huffington Post
>Salon

I've got just the product for you.

Looks kino to me.

It's hard to take someone seriously if they don't now what the fuck they're doing. Sorry that triggers you.

>he still watches a genre he actively hates

Because there are so many opportunities to do better.

Lary Fong, Zack Snyder's cinematographer, is extremely talented, ever movie he photographs is gorgeous, if WB pared him up with a director with actual talent then we might some day get a good superhero movie.

Christopher Nolan was once a really great director, Memento, The Following, and The Prestige were all good movies, then WB had that hack David S. Goyer write the first drafts of the scripts and he was forced to make sub-par films.

I want SO badly to see a good superhero film, with characters as interesting as The Joker and Batman and Superman it really shouldn't be that hard, but the studios keep fucking everything up by hiring shit writers, shit directors, or just lacking the balls to let people make a visionary movie.

It's pathetic.

KILL URSELF SNYDER IS A GOD

Both were bad but one had apologists

>How will DCucks ever recover?
When JL comes out and BTFO everyone.

27%

You don't need jokes. Enough of this , true source material which DC has in abundance of. Back to basics and get a big director and producer

I'm triggered and I hate all capeshit

Suicide Squad is still better than Civil Bore

lol