What does Sup Forums think of Buddhism? Is it a redpilled philosophy/"religion"?

What does Sup Forums think of Buddhism? Is it a redpilled philosophy/"religion"?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ur30aZcmXrE
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rainbow_body
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Has some good ideas and points. Not really for me, but it's okay.

Like most religions, it depends on the execution. Liberals, as usual, rape the shit out of it.

>Remove desire to remove suffering

Making yourself a useless layabout "meditating" autist with no motivation/desire is the opposite of what the world needs.

Interesting metaphysics, shitty ethics.

BTFO by communism, its trash

You'll never reach the high ground with that attitude.

There are many different sects/versions of Buddhism. That's only the version the West decided to latch onto because it validated nihilist hippies.

It can be.

I'm more into Boobism.
Got a pic of her without the bikini top?

Id redpill her with my dick senpai.

Don't fall for the new age faggots, they distort practices like meditation and use it as a reason to be a lazy unproductive lump.

The point
-
-
-
your head

Meditation has been demonstrated to improve focus and overall happiness. We need less spastic retards that are stressed about anything and everything.

If people mediated more, they'd be more likely to critically examine the things they've been told by others. We don't need less of that.

True meditation is a direct confrontation with reality, not an escape from it. The west has a pretty skewed view of meditation and what it means. Motivation (especially to help others) is pretty important

Absolutely red-pilled when it comes to spirituality. You can learn a shitload about dealing with your emotions through Buddhism. 10/10 would Buddha again

It is the true redpill but most people greatly misunderstand it and its too triggering for people on Sup Forums to have good threads about it anyway.

Thats a complete misunderstanding of it. Its not about "removing desire", its about waking up from the illusion and being free from desire. Once you do that you feel blissful all the time and it doesn't stop you from achieving and doing things.

> not following the hermetic tradition

>life sucks
>become enlightened by escaping the cycle of reincarnation

not existing anymore is the literal goal

you CANNOT get more cucked

desu the red pill is just realizing that life probably doesn't matter, and formulating a lifestyle around that realization. If a specific religion brings you happiness go for it. If you prefer depression and suffering do that instead. I just live my life as a Christian hedonist who often doubts, but is convicted in his decision.

Brings me joy, and the satisfaction of knowing my moral choices might mean something. But who knows? I guess I'll know when I die.

That research is hilariously biased and likely fabricated

All I care about is that they don't want to kill me and my country.

How can research on meditation of all things be bias? It isn't even something exclusive to Buddhism

Most of it is being conducted by neirobiologists at accredited institutions and is published in prestigious academic journals. That doesn't sound like pseudoscience to me.

that's the blue pill desu

the red pill is accepting that you have to make life meaningful l no matter how hard it is, otherwise you fall into darkness

Only studies that show significant results are published. Labs stop collecting data during experiemtns once the data is statistically significant. Tautological research hypotheses. The whole thing is so wildly overblown.

What effect there may be is placebo plus lowering breathing rate and heart rate. Everything else on top of is it crap.

Read "the white Buddhist" to start to get a feel for how this entered into the elite Western circles and then permeated to the masses. The term coined in that book is 'Protestant buddhism'

I was Buddhist since childhood until 25yo. I'm 35 now.

Honestly, anything made by humans millenniums ago is shit. Religions and doctrines have the mold of the antique societies and they don't fit pretty well in modern societies in their whole.

The only thing Buddhism taught me that is really good is meditation and contemplation, questioning your life from a simple perspective, the "mid-path" and notion that every cause has a consequence.

The mid-path is tricky. People often think that it teaches about living a warm life, without extremes, but no, it really teaches how to identify extremities and how to use it for your favor.

These alone are the royal jelly of Buddhism. The rest are just traditions, rituals, norms, rules, and following other's paths that don't belong to you.

It is. I share the same facilities as these guys. They honestly don't even understand what a pvalue is.

Every time some white person tells me they are a Buddhist I just assume they are retarded. Then they don't even know the difference between Mahayana or Thereveda. Like they can't be bothered to read the wikipedia page but its their religion.

>religion
>redpilled

choose 1

It's fun to accuse them of cultural appropriation and watch their heads spin.

That's because they are Protestant Buddhist

Even if reincarnation didn't exist being Buddhist would still be red-pilled because of how it allows people to become masters at controlling their own mind and emotions when its practiced diligently and how it can lead to feeling bliss all the time

yea probs, but too full of hate ya seeeee

> not going the route of the warrior philosopher

>bliss all the time
Makes one complacent and easy to manipulate

>tfw white vajrayana buddhist and hate those fucking mongs

>redpilled
>religion
Pick one and only one

I don't like to mess with their world. I like to subtly suggest their world view is retarded by bringing up statistical data. My dad has been liberal his whole life but he literally told me the other day how nice America would be without all the black people.
>I showed him the IQ's of blacks vs whites in America and Africa.

not really. It is pretty depressing trying to meditate the self into oblivion and pretending you don't exist.

If you have ever heard "I think therefore I am" Buddhism is the opposite of that

I meditated for quite some time. Longest I've ever done is 4 hours. Didn't even realized that time passed so much.

I was pretty "in tune" with stuff. It wasn't entirely a placebo effect you put on yourself. There was something more.

One of the more apparent things I noticed when doing regular things was my balance. It was off the charts. You know how when you were in a parking lot as a kid, you would try and walk on those cement stoppers?
I was able to run across those. Even pushed myself on median cement bumpers that encased really large gardens.

I think it stemmed from meditation because of the amount of focus put into getting rid of "spatial awareness". By thinking about there being no up, down, left or right relative to being in outer space, when you snap to, you begin to realize what those directions are more strongly.

I was even somewhat training myself to figure out what way north was just by concentrating. I got it down to about +/- 15 degrees. Pretty cool.

I stopped because I had to do more real life things eventually. Dating, school, work. You get caught up.

But there is definitely more too it than that new age hippy bullshit.

You have to do it often though.

As for the religion, never practiced it.
But I like to think it's the most "not douche" religion out there. Nature don't give a fuck, it's still going to kill you. Look at Canada.

when its the result of Buddhist practice its coupled with a defined clarity and attention to the moment

right. More like they are retarded. This one kid in my class told me Buddhists had a much better view on life and had a better attitude towards women. I had to explain that women are often not allowed to be monks. He thought buddhists just live in a liberal paradise or some shit.

In hoc signo vinces
Deus vult

This.

Buddhist here, absolutely. The end goal of Buddhist practice is to achieve a happiness that's entirely independent of external events.

It doesn't mean that you become complacent like says. If anything, you become harder to manipulate because you're completely free from any attachment to externals. There's nothing that can be used to threaten or tempt you.

Some of you are probably familiar with Stoicism? Buddhism is in many ways very similar. They both center around an understanding that anything taking place outside of your own mind is out of your control and it's foolish to pin your potential for happiness or unhappiness on things that could change at any moment. Buddhism is just much more fleshed out and offers a definite path toward achieving its ideal.

Don't be fooled by the hippie losers you've seen who call themselves Buddhists. Looking at them and deciding, "This is what Buddhists are like and this is what Buddhism teaches" is just as inaccurate as dropping by a evangelical megachurch and deciding, "This is what Christians are like and this is what Christianity teaches".

>But I like to think it's the most "not douche" religion out there.

If you ever find the time, try Taoism, similar but distinct. I prefer it. I also meditate everyday. I think it's the most important thing I've ever done for myself.

Where do you think monasteries come from ?
Grow out of fucking mountains ?

Of course monks eat, sleep. shit, plant vegetable, chop wood, carry water and work like everyone else.
They just never feel the need to complain, and when they do feel some shit they meditate to regain their "not giving a fuck" attitude again.

The Burma Buddhists are brave fighters. They are not yet aware who the true enemy is internationally, but that's naivety, not being blue pilled.

It is even more cucked than christcuckoldry, I will award you 2/10 1 point because buddhism is cucked and another for posting the scantily clad woman to attract posters.

>The end goal of Buddhist practice is to achieve a happiness that's entirely independent of external events.

I know many say this, but I personally don't like the idea. It feels like happiness is a very, very western notion.

My favored word is to say that it is about "awakening" or "right view" and not about happiness.

Just another case of white people glorifying eastern culture.

>The role of masculinity has always been to reign in rambunctious behaviour by expressing a mans value (in mind or body) in orders of magnitude over the other.

>Masculine women can't remain attractive to a man of similar values (only admired/pedestooled).

>Men must be far and away the primary masculine leader to tame a woman into being feminine towards the man's desires so she doesn't require constant revalidation as often and act out. This leads to a sexually satisfied man and functional children who can learn from the duality of different successful role models of their species (while the man can keep the woman tame with his value or risk being cuckolded).

>The boy must grow up to compete on the same level as the father to remain attractive to other women, and the girl to admire the masculinity in her father by suppressing her own masculine traits in favour of feminine submissiveness to him, creating a strong baseline effect for other suitors to match.

>Take away the alpha father and you get the mess we have today where masculinity in men is only used for sex, not child raising and it's easy to see why more slutty/brutish behavior is acceptable in any circumstance and betas don't know how to control it.

It depends. I know a lot of Japanese Americans who are Buddhist and they do it because their families have been Buddhists for centuries. This is respectable. However, the hipster cucks who are using Buddhism as a meme religion can all be reincarnated as a cockroach for all I care.

When White people do it, it's trash, but it was the religion of the samurai, so it can't be that bad.

Well, no, it's not anything similar to what people mean when they say "happiness" but I find it doesn't set people off as much as more vague terms like "awakening" or ones that need to be further explained like "right view".

But regardless of how you want to describe it, the general idea is that enlightenment is a very, very pleasant feeling.

And also this.

based

the point is that you don't go to extremes, Buddhism literally has the term "the middle path". Iesire is the source of all suffering, which is true. So cut back on things and maybe you'll be a little happier. Turning into a vegetable is just how dumb people interpret it.

The overwhelming majority of Buddhists here do not practice the variety you describe. Authentic Buddhism seems desirable as a social institution, but everything looks better on paper.

To be fair, we are on the Internet weeb capital of the West

These two are the Mormon and Westboro churches of the Buddhist world. Tibetan Buddhism is fanfiction tier and Wirathu is a militant nationalist who uses religion as a tool to further his agenda. This is not necessarily a bad thing but he's nothing close to a good representation of the Buddha's teachings.

well can you blame Tibetans? They live under constant threat of chinks and muslims, the fact that this nigger can keep a smile is pretty based

Its pretty interesting, but I havent looked into it enough to have a real opinion on it.

>The overwhelming majority of Buddhists here do not practice the variety you describe.

True, but isn't that the case with every religion? How many Christians truly follow the teachings of Christ? Judge the followers of a religion by the standards set by the teachings of their religion and not the other way around.

>disguised Satanism
>horoscope bullshit
>"Shekinah Glory" bullshit
>Jewish Star of Remphan
>"Arbor Vita" implying its the Tree of Life, more like the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil
>"Wisdom rules the stars" hanging down like a snake off the tree
>"longitudo dierum et sanitas" "gloria" "divitia infinitae" corresponding to the three promises of Satan in the Garden of Eden, living forever, secret knowledge/power, and to be as gods of infinite wealth/power
>"ego sum niger" lol
>alchemy shit everywhere
Yeah okay Satan.

lol you're a theravadan aren't you?

We're not exactly glorifying it if we have derogatory terms for anyone who does glorify it.

You know it bby. Straight OG.

Doesn't Wirathu have a hell of a following though?

>Islam: Based on the teachings of some bloodthirsty warlord pedophile
>Buddhism: Based on the teachings of some rich fat kid that got his enlightenment after taking a nap
>Christianity: Based on the teaching of The motherfucking Son of God himself that was able to rise people from death and literally reincarnate
Are other religions even trying? Buddhism is by far the cuckiest religion on the world, just look at the countries that got their moral values from it. China is a literal hell on earth, Japan will be dead in a few centuries, South Korea would be a slave shitfest if it wasn't armed to the teeth by the USA, goddamn. The ultimate practice of buddhism is to simply find out the truth by yourself sitting down and figuring out stuff through meditation, it's literally impossible to widespread this bullshit practice without creating massive confusion and opening for hippie new age trash. Video related, even the Alex Jones show make fun of buddhist cucks youtube.com/watch?v=Ur30aZcmXrE

>Naraka (Sanskrit; Pali: Niraya) is a term in Buddhist cosmology[1] usually referred to in English as "hell", "hell realm", or "purgatory". The Narakas of Buddhism are closely related to diyu, the hell in Chinese mythology. A Naraka differs from the hell of Christianity in two respects: firstly, beings are not sent to Naraka as the result of a divine judgment and punishment; secondly, the length of a being's stay in a Naraka is not eternal, though it is usually very long.

>A being is born into a Naraka as a direct result of his or her accumulated actions (karma) and resides there for a finite period of time until that karma has achieved its full result.[2] After his or her karma is used up, he or she will be reborn in one of the higher worlds as the result of karma that had not yet ripened.

>In the Devaduta Sutta, the 130th discourse of Majjhima Nikaya, the Buddha teaches about hell in vivid detail.

>Physically, Narakas are thought of as a series of cavernous layers which extend below Jambudvīpa (the ordinary human world) into the earth. There are several schemes for enumerating these Narakas and describing their torments. The Abhidharma-kosa (Treasure House of Higher Knowledge) is the root text that describes the most common scheme, the Eight Cold Narakas and Eight Hot Narakas.[3]

Both existentialist bluepills.

Honestly, I don't know exactly how popular he is. Enough that he got people protesting in the streets after Time wrote a kinda negative article about him but past that I dunno.

And I'm not saying that I disagree with him. He's famous for saying, among other things, ""If we are weak, our land will become Muslim." which is completely true and he's of course entirely within his rights to try to defend his nation and his religion, but it's not really in keeping with the Buddha's teachings.

it's a beta religion that encourages its followers to be bums in pursuit of ending meaningless existence.

Basically you beg for alms everyday so your lazy ass can sit all day contemplating nothingness.

No wonder most buddhist civilization got cucked. Look at China for good example.

Probably all right. So far as I know, their motto isn't killing all infidels, so it's acceptable.

>he or she will be reborn in one of the higher worlds
>higher
>worlds
If your religion has LEVELS to it that you have to ascend through or achieve, your religion is 100% bullshit and belongs in the trash.

That's so fucking petty I could just vomit all over my keyboard.

>What does Sup Forums think of Buddhism? Is it a redpilled philosophy/"religion"?

Marxist cucks.

>not existing anymore
Because you're returning to the source and escaping the wheel of life & the suffering that comes with it

Actually it's best to be in this world to achieve enlightenment and escape the whole thing. Being a god might be pretty rad, but you're unlikely to make much spiritual progress.

You have refuted nothing.

Heaven or hell is a different level, yet billions believe it.

Everything in the post you replied to has nothing to do with what Buddha actually taught.

Its like taking the teachings of the founder of Mormonism and equating it with the teachings of Jesus.

The Dalai Lama is a Tibetan Buddhist which is a bizarre fanfiction offshoot of real Buddhism. Among real Buddhists, women aren't even allowed to become proper monks.

>has LEVELS to it that you have to ascend through or achieve
There are different kinds of beings from insects to gods to demons and everything in between. They are not all equal. You don't need to ascend though, and in fact to escape suffering fastest, you should just stick with being a human.

That is not even remotely true. Hell is simply a consequence, not a level or status you are 'demoted' to.

So, exactly the same as in buddhism then?

Nah

Shinto truly stopped the samurai from being productive. Much much MUCH better than worshiping a Jew on a stick.

If you think buddhism is cuck-tier, please explain this
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rainbow_body

>Six realms of existence are identified in the Buddhist teachings: gods, demi-gods, humans, animals, hungry ghosts and hells. These realms can be understood on a psychological level, or as aspects of Buddhist cosmology.[a]

>These six realms can be divided into three higher realms and three lower realms. The three higher realms are:

>God realm: the gods lead long and enjoyable lives full of pleasure and abundance, but they spend their lives pursuing meaningless distractions and never think to practice the dharma. When death comes to them, they are completely unprepared; without realizing it, they have completely exhausted their good karma (which was the cause for being reborn in the god realm) and they suffer through being reborn in the lower realms.
>Demi-god realm: the demi-gods have pleasure and abundance almost as much as the gods, but they spend their time fighting among themselves or making war on the gods. When they make war on the gods, they always lose, since the gods are much more powerful. The demi-gods suffer from constant fighting and jealousy, and from being killed and wounded in their wars with each other and with the gods.
>Human realm: humans suffer from hunger, thirst, heat, cold, separation from friends, being attacked by enemies, not getting what they want, and getting what they don't want. They also suffer from the general sufferings of birth, old age, sickness and death. Yet the human realm is considered to be the most suitable realm for practicing the dharma, because humans are not completely distracted by pleasure (like the gods or demi-gods) or by pain and suffering (like the beings in the lower realms).

The only thing you've won is a moslem major, lad.

If you think Tibetan Buddhism isn't fanfiction-tier, please explain this.

>it's a "what does Sup Forums think of buddhism" episode again
armchair monks, all of you

>Christianity: Based on the teachings of Joseph's wife's son.

It's too degenerate for my taste, I just can't help it.

>The three lower realms are:

>Animal realm: wild animals suffer from being attacked and eaten by other animals; they generally lead lives of constant fear. Domestic animals suffer from being exploited by humans; for example, they are slaughtered for food, overworked, and so on.
>Hungry ghost realm: hungry ghosts suffer from extreme hunger and thirst. They wander constantly in search of food and drink, only to be miserably frustrated any time they come close to actually getting what they want. For example, they see a stream of pure, clear water in the distance, but by the time they get there the stream has dried up. Hungry ghosts have huge bellies and long, thin necks. On the rare occasions that they do manage to find something to eat or drink, the food or water burns their neck as it goes down to their belly, causing them intense agony.
>Hell realm: hell beings endure unimaginable suffering for eons of time. There are actually eighteen different types of hells, each inflicting a different kind of torment. In the hot hells, beings suffer from unbearable heat and continual torments of various kinds. In the cold hells, beings suffer from unbearable cold and other torments.[11][12][13][14][15][16]

The wisdom of buddhas revered by mahayana and vajrayana buddhists is just as valid as that of Gautama Buddha. Or do you think no one else has achieved buddhahood? If so, what's the point?

You just completely failed at critical thinking with that statement.

>What does Sup Forums think of Buddhism?
Another shitty philosophy that tells you what to think instead of how to think.
>Is it a redpilled philosophy/"religion"?
Certainly not.

I like Lao Tzu & Bodhidharma

>what to think instead of how to think
Actually it helps teach you how to think, not what to think.

>Is it a redpilled philosophy/"religion"?
I wouldn't consider it a religion, more of a spiritual path to awareness of reality.