Why are Radiohead such douchebags? Does their music make up for their pretentious attitude/self-righteousness?

Why are Radiohead such douchebags? Does their music make up for their pretentious attitude/self-righteousness?

pitchfork.com/news/71526-radiohead-unenthused-about-possible-rock-hall-induction/?mbid=homepage-more-latest-and-video

the hall of fame is garbage ever since they let in rap niggers

Awards themselves are extremely pretentious. Patting yourself on the back for an award given for so called excellence (see: subjectivity) by a bunch of corporate morons who think popularity = good

Music award shows have and always will be utterly pointless

yeah but then why doesn't thom yorke just say he hates niggers instead of acting all high and mighty?

this isn't an award so much as a lifetime achievement. and if he said all of that then it would be fine. but the turned up nose while acting like they are just too good for an institution that tries to memorialize rock artists for their work is the douchiest possible response

black people can go in the hall of fame, if they make rock music, prince, lenny kravits, slash, etc

Putting in rappers and non rock music just made people stop giving a shit

>hip hop
>not derivative of rock music
nice one

No one considers it rock music, and the whole thing was probably some kike idea to get more views.
Hard to take it seriously when they just let any nigger in

Well they pretty much helped kill rock n roll.

I don't think they think they're too cool for it, but a Rock and Roll hall of fame induction featuring Radiohead would be so awkward.

The rock n roll hall of fame is a pathetic joke. They should call it Rolling Stone's popular American music hall of fame. Unoriginal American bands that were really popular in the 70s are let in but extremely important innovators like Kraftwerk, Brian Eno, King Crimson and New Order are ignored. Radiohead's reaction is completely justified.

Lmao KC BTFO by every other 70's prog band.

Fucking Journey are in but still no King Crimson. It's insane.

I agree, I wouldn't want to be put on the same level as green day and such.

Beign in the R'n'R hall of fame now its like winning the peace nobel prize after obama, it doesn't mean shit.

Op is now in the hall of fags

their reaction if they said that would be fine. But the fact they aren't saying its a joke institution or that they don't believe in the criteria etc makes their response douchey. acting like they don't care while caring enough to not speak their mind makes them pussy ass douches

"it’s quite a self-regarding profession anyway. And anything that heightens that just makes me feel even more uncomfortable"

they are fucking cunts because they are acting like they don't want to be in because of humble reasons. greater than though attitude is annoying as hell

Friendly reminder that The Eagles, Kiss, Journey, John Mellencamp, Green Day, Madonna, N.W.A. and Tupac Shakur are in the rock n roll hall of fame but the following bands/artists aren't in it:

Sonic Youth
The Smiths
The Cure
King Crimson
Kraftwerk
The Damned
MC5
New York Dolls
Joy Division
New Order
Public Image Ltd.
Siouxsie and the Banshees
My Bloody Valentine
The Jesus and Mary Chain
The Stone Roses
Devo
The Residents
Depeche Mode
Bad Brains
Black Flag
Dead Kennedys
Minor Threat
Fugazi
Can
Brian Eno
Captain Beefheart
Iggy Pop (Well, The Stooges are in but they didn't get in until fucking 2010. They were first eligible to be inducted in 1994.)

Their music is whiny shit.

Do people legitimately give a fuck about the Rock Hall of Fame?

Why, lmao

>Do people legitimately give a fuck about music hall of fame on a music board?
Dumbass.....

lmao those bands are shit, why should they be in there

answered your own question there. at least those bands were happy to admit their thirst for attention as opposed to pretending to be introverted "artists" who no one truly understands.

I mean it is like the equivalent of /lit/ caring about the nobel prize when they didn't give it to Tolstoy and Borges, and did give it to Bob Dylan lmao. Like awards are generally PR affairs that aren't worth giving a shit about if you have a genuine interested in the subject of the award. (This is also true of all film awards)

Come on, if you want to be believable you only shit on a few of the bands I posted. There's such a wide variety in my post you can't possibly think they're all shit.

weak bait

yeah bro the nobel prize academy totally sold out. fucking posers

I mean. I don't disagree with you.
I was just saying it makes sense for a music board to talk about something music related.
It's not like we're talking about a non music related award.

Hip Hop is derivative of electronic music you dumb fucking nigger

yea thats true, they are being dicks

Who cares. Rock and roll HoF is trash. I remember John Frusciante didn't bother to show up and be inducted with his band. Even better if an entire band like Radiohead doesn't show up to the Rolling Stone Magazine hall of fame with their arbitrary induction criteria. Would be a great middle finger to their stale grandpa rock and pop agenda.

oh cool then I agree, I'm not the guy you were replying to I just thought you were defending the dadrock hall of fame and got a little triggered
Idk if this is ironic but it is correct

but they aren't giving the middle finger. they are spreading their butt cheeks and rolling over. see quote in they are just too humble and culturally refined to see why they should be honored with an induction

It's a derivative of funk you fucking nigger

>tfw I like radioheads music but can't stand the faux quirkiness of thom "spaz" yorke
His attitude outside of the band almost ruins them for me

the Peace Prize in particular has been a stupid, void and meaningless gesture even before and after Obama.

Laureates include Henry Kissinger, various UN entities, Jimmy Carter, Le Duc Tho, Israeli prime ministers, Arafat, and recently a little girl who dindu nuffin. The prize is a joke and a sham.

lol they're based for reacting like this. Hall of Fame is shit

Between shitting on Radiohead for being douchebags or shitting on the Hall of Fame for being absolute garbage I'll take shitting on HoF all the way. Fuck them.

People think that not caring about the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame is pretentious? Are you just a contrarian or something?

You realize the Hall of Fame is just a tourist attraction in Ohio right? It's not some kind of achievement of excellence. They include any artist that will bring in money to their stupid museum. Not really surprised they want nothing to do with it.

You actually think that? The hall of fame never really had the best reputation and the only people that cared about rappers being inducted were 16 year old Zeppelin fans.

>In contrast to his bandmates, Colin Greenwood declared, “I’d be grateful if we got in. Look at the other people that have been inducted.” He did concede, however, “I don’t know if everyone else will go though. It might be me just doing bass versions of everything like, ‘Come on, you know this one!’ I’d have to play the bass part to ‘Creep’ five times.”

Lmao based Colin. They're not even being "pretentious" or "douches", they do feel grateful, they just don't really see the point of it.

Way to take the quote out of context.

>“I don’t care. Maybe it’s a cultural thing that I really don’t understand. I mean, from the outside it looks like... it’s quite a self-regarding profession anyway. And anything that heightens that just makes me feel even more uncomfortable.”

It's like you're not even trying here, user

Just a reminder that you're all arguing over a tourist attraction in Ohio made for 50 year olds.